European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

iPhone Bluetooth music stopped working

iPhone Bluetooth music stopped working all of the sudden on my iPhone 6 running iOS 10.3.3. I know it is my phone because it used to work in both the M4 and the M3 and now it does not work. The phone call feature works though and the car connects to the phone. Only Bluetooth music is not working. I have an old battery that needs replacing. Could this be the problem? Any help that can be provided is appreciated.
      02-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
iPhone Bluetooth music stopped working all of the sudden on my iPhone 6 running iOS 10.3.3. I know it is my phone because it used to work in both the M4 and the M3 and now it does not work. The phone call feature works though and the car connects to the phone. Only Bluetooth music is not working. I have an old battery that needs replacing. Could this be the problem? Any help that can be provided is appreciated.
Are you listening through "Multimedia/External devices/Paired phone"? If not, the audio won't be played through the speakers.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #3
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
Quote:
Are you listening through "Multimedia/External devices/Paired phone"? If not, the audio won't be played through the speakers.
I am listening through the paired iPhone and I have Bluetooth audio connected. When I go to select my phone in the audio settings, my phone is not there. But it used to work. I started having this problem in the last week and never had the problem before. Any ideas?
      02-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Quote:
I am listening through the paired iPhone and I have Bluetooth audio connected. When I go to select my phone in the audio settings, my phone is not there. But it used to work. I started having this problem in the last week and never had the problem before. Any ideas?
Try a different profile, which may not have your phone paired already. So you may have to go through the manual pairing process. Did you happen to use a different fob since last week?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #5
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
Quote:
Try a different profile, which may not have your phone paired already. So you may have to go through the manual pairing process. Did you happen to use a different fob since last week?
Thanks. I'll try one of the other profiles. I have not used the other key since my problem started. Ironically, the wife's iPhone plays Bluetooth audio perfectly in both cars while mine does not play. Both running iOS 10.3.3. This is how I know something is amiss with my phone. FWIW, I have deleted and re-paired the phone without any success.
      02-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #6
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Try updating the BMW BT software. Also try hard resetting your phone by pressing power and home together until the Apple logo boots up.
Appreciate 0