R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #1
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP 6SP

GTS "Features"

Are the following GTS Features tuners advertise just rebranded ZCP features?

- GTS Roar
- GTS Throttle Overrun

They sound very similar to a ZCP.

*Not talking about custom burbles, purely the actual GTS features*

Any tuners that can clarify?

Last edited by 6SPD GOD; 02-27-2018 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
VCP1390.00
      02-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #2
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

I don't think you'll get a straight answer but I can't fault you for giving it the old college try.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
m3driven
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I strongly believe they are the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

They are the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #5
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Personally I can't confirm if they are exactly the same as the ZCP as I haven't tried a ZCP map, but I can tell you that they are what the name says. GTS Roar and GTS overrun/burbles.... with some slight modifications. Some of these modifications include raised cutoff speed for the burbles and duration of the burbles. However, according to my knowledge those GTS features should be the same as the corresponding ZCP features, aside from the slight modifications mentioned.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 11:23 AM   #6
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
Personally I can't confirm if they are exactly the same as the ZCP as I haven't tried a ZCP map, but I can tell you that they are what the name says. GTS Roar and GTS overrun/burbles.... with some slight modifications. Some of these modifications include raised cutoff speed for the burbles and duration of the burbles. However, according to my knowledge those GTS features should be the same as the corresponding ZCP features, aside from the slight modifications mentioned.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

I drove my M4 with ZCP tune(a tuned ZCP file), and then drove my GTS last night. Just to clarify all of this to myself. They are very different. Green apples to red apples.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #8
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
I drove my M4 with ZCP tune(a tuned ZCP file), and then drove my GTS last night. Just to clarify all of this to myself. They are very different. Green apples to red apples.
Who supplied that tuned ZCP file for you? Could it be possible that the burbles on that ZCP file are also "tuned"? Also keep in mind I've noticed that software version makes a difference. I've heard the same tune/burbles on two different cars with the only difference being them on a different software version and there was a noticeable difference. Also Exhaust/downpipe setup plays a role on how burbles sound, so if one of your two cars has an aftermarket exhaust that could also play a role.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 02:15 PM   #9
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Yes. Active bench flash. I have 4 different maps as well. One of them has a shotgun blast that shoots flames. Pedestrians hit the deck like bombs are dropping. I have only had that file loaded once. My M4 has full AA race exhaust(the new 3.5inch system) and the GTS has downpipes and Active midpipe with stock muffler.

Quote:
Who supplied that tuned ZCP file for you? Could it be possible that the burbles on that ZCP file are also "tuned"? Also keep in mind I've noticed that software version makes a difference. I've heard the same tune/burbles on two different cars with the only difference being them on a different software version and there was a noticeable difference. Also Exhaust/downpipe setup plays a role on how burbles sound, so if one of your two cars has an aftermarket exhaust that could also play a role.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #10
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Yes. Active bench flash. I have 4 different maps as well. One of them has a shotgun blast that shoots flames. Pedestrians hit the deck like bombs are dropping. I have only had that file loaded once. My M4 has full AA race exhaust(the new 3.5inch system) and the GTS has downpipes and Active midpipe with stock muffler.
There you go, that's why they sound different then
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #11
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
There you go, that's why they sound different then
I will slip my GTS muffler on to the M4 and put it to rest for myself. I am pretty certain I know the outcome.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 05:40 PM   #12
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
I will slip my GTS muffler on to the M4 and put it to rest for myself. I am pretty certain I know the outcome.
As I said before, software version plays a role as well. Even the GTS roar/startup differs from one version to another. And didn't you say YES, your burbles in the ZCP file are also modified? Because if that's the case then its pointless to compare to your GTS. Or did I misunderstand?

If you really care to know. I'll just compare tables on BM3 for you, I have a stock ZCP file.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 05:53 PM   #13
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep

You are right. All pointless.
Quote:
As I said before, software version plays a role as well. Even the GTS roar/startup differs from one version to another. And didn't you say YES, your burbles in the ZCP file are also modified? Because if that's the case then its pointless to compare to your GTS. Or did I misunderstand?

If you really care to know. I'll just compare tables on BM3 for you, I have a stock ZCP file.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 06:13 PM   #14
milk242
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

We need a real gts and zcp and a tuned regular m3 loaded with zcp or gts tune and compare sounds.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 09:07 PM   #15
Celestion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp

Quote:
That would be pretty interesting actually.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2018, 10:58 PM   #16
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
That would be pretty interesting actually.
Agree
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 06:02 AM   #17
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Consider about GTS having a different catback please.

Overrun is just ignition, a matter of intensity and duration and start/cutoff point. Same burble strategy can sound very different with different catback system. I don't see much sense bmw program GTS differently. Catback alone makes enough difference.
      03-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #18
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Celestion MNMWMWMN

Here is a snapshot of the 34 tables (column on the left) that I have visible on BM3 for burbles (I'm not sure if these are ALL the tables affecting burbles in our DME as there might be some that are not visible on BM3 for end users). I imported a ZCP readout on top of the GTS readout and the tables highlighted in red are ones that have differences between the two maps.

Other than some insignificant changes to burble duration and cutoff speed (highlighted in bold on the tables shown on the right), there were some minimal changes to two of the timing tables. Keep in mind that even though those two tables have slight differences between GTS and ZCP, those tables are offsets of the main burble timing tables (named Burble (Warm) and Burble (Cold)). And those two main tables have no differences between the two GTS and ZCP maps. Also Burble Soundtuning1 table has no differences which from my personal testing also has a significant effect on how burbles sound if changed.

Also keep in mind that those two readout files I have are not from the same software version. So there is a possibility that those changes do not exist if comparing the same software version. If someone has a GTS and a ZCP readout file of the same software version and is willing to share I can check that.

Appreciate 1
Celestion254.00
      03-02-2018, 11:10 PM   #19
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Celestion MNMWMWMN

Here is a snapshot of the 34 tables (column on the left) that I have visible on BM3 for burbles (I'm not sure if these are ALL the tables affecting burbles in our DME as there might be some that are not visible on BM3 for end users). I imported a ZCP readout on top of the GTS readout and the tables highlighted in red are ones that have differences between the two maps.

Other than some insignificant changes to burble duration and cutoff speed (highlighted in bold on the tables shown on the right), there were some minimal changes to two of the timing tables. Keep in mind that even though those two tables have slight differences between GTS and ZCP, those tables are offsets of the main burble timing tables (named Burble (Warm) and Burble (Cold)). And those two main tables have no differences between the two GTS and ZCP maps. Also Burble Soundtuning1 table has no differences which from my personal testing also has a significant effect on how burbles sound if changed.

Also keep in mind that those two readout files I have are not from the same software version. So there is a possibility that those changes do not exist if comparing the same software version. If someone has a GTS and a ZCP readout file of the same software version and is willing to share I can check that.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 11:34 PM   #20
135Hoser
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 m4 zcp

BuLoOoSki Facts and Data, Love it.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #21
Celestion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp

Quote:
Celestion MNMWMWMN

Here is a snapshot of the 34 tables...
Thanks for shedding some light on this.

Can anyone with BM3 view these tables?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #22
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
Thanks for shedding some light on this.

Can anyone with BM3 view these tables?
Yes everyone can view all the tables in the editor. But keep in kind not all maps are unlocked (i.e. to be opened in the editor). Stock readout maps are unlocked, but usually tuned maps are encrypted/locked by the tuner.
Appreciate 0