ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
SizerM4
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

What is left to increase performance?

I'm trying to find out what else I can do to increase performance, already have:
Akrapovic exhaust with downpipes
Eventuri cold air intake
Evolve Stage 2 tune with GTS software
Evolution Racewerks chargepipes
I'm not interested in upgrading turbos yet and don't know enough about WMI, although I'm trying to learn as much as possible as WMI is definitely a direction I will go in but what is left, if anything?
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #2
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: NA

Drag radials?, lol
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Intake and charge pipes make zero power.

I guess upgrading the turbos is the only thing left.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
Rx7andy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

Reduce vehicle weight, lightweight wheels. If 6MT lightened flywheel? DCT then GTS coding?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 03:51 PM   #5
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx7andy View Post
Reduce vehicle weight, lightweight wheels. If 6MT lightened flywheel? DCT then GTS coding?
Less weight will make him quicker but it looks like he wants dyno power.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 04:09 PM   #6
SizerM4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modaddict79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx7andy View Post
Less weight will make him quicker but it looks like he wants dyno power.
Either, or, really... Tbh I'm looking for the next mod and trying to find what else I could do before I go for the GTS bonnet but focusing performance or speed in the mean time
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #7
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Get a custom full E85 or high octane tune from F80Paul. He's currently offering BM3 customers a free trial of his maps.
Appreciate 2
EALm43346.50
F80Paul284.00
      03-02-2018, 07:36 PM   #8
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Upgraded heat exchanger for lower IAT's more and consistent power.
      03-02-2018, 07:53 PM   #9
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
Upgraded heat exchanger for lower IAT's more and consistent power.
Installed and tested that with datalogging. No significant reduction in IAT or improvement in ability to maintain IAT under WOT. On a stage 2 tune + catless downpipes only setup atleast, maybe it'll make a difference for really high powered setups.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 08:40 PM   #10
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
Installed and tested that with datalogging. No significant reduction in IAT or improvement in ability to maintain IAT under WOT. On a stage 2 tune + catless downpipes only setup atleast, maybe it'll make a difference for really high powered setups.
Well that is terrible. Maybe the combo of the front H/E and top mount? non the less that an expensive setup not to see solid IAT decrease comapred to stock. Disappointing.

Have the data to share before and after? I been looking to find someone actually show some real data of IAT's with these aftermarket coolers. This forum seem to be very low on data and tech talk, coming from other forums.
      03-02-2018, 08:52 PM   #11
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
Well that is terrible. Maybe the combo of the front H/E and top mount? non the less that an expensive setup not to see solid IAT decrease comapred to stock. Disappointing.

Have the data to share before and after? I been looking to find someone actually show some real data of IAT's with these aftermarket coolers. This forum seem to be very low on data and tech talk, coming from other forums.
Well keep in mind the heat exchanger is ~$500 and not as expensive as the top mount charge cooler. I can definitely dig around in my list of datalogs. Stupid me didn't rename those datalogs and it's one of those datalogs where the name is a date stamp. So need to do some digging and checking when I actually installed the heat exchanger to identify which datalogs they were. I remember when testing I also tried my best to do my post install log on a day with similar weather conditions as the preinstall log (temperature and humidity wise atleast). So although conditions are obviously not identical, but they were close enough.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 09:08 PM   #12
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizerM4 View Post
I'm trying to find out what else I can do to increase performance, already have:
Akrapovic exhaust with downpipes
Eventuri cold air intake
Evolve Stage 2 tune with GTS software
Evolution Racewerks chargepipes
I'm not interested in upgrading turbos yet and don't know enough about WMI, although I'm trying to learn as much as possible as WMI is definitely a direction I will go in but what is left, if anything?
Water injection, 50-50 mix, or methanol all will help contain temperatures and allow the engine to hold the performance for longer duration's of time.
I don't know how many actually use pure methanol but some people refer to methanol but really they are running 50-50 which is alot safer as far as not catching on fire.
The M4GTS has water injection from the factory so it shows that water injection is beneficial.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 12:35 AM   #13
SizerM4
Private
Rep

Surely upgrading the heat exchanger & charge cooler will help lower/control engine temps, not IATS?
Appreciate 0