Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-21-2023, 05:12 PM   #1
bokonon4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 F80

Custom Quad Lock Wireless Charging Phone Dock

Bought this car a few weeks ago, was using a Quad Lock Vent mount for my phone. The car came with a nice magnetic mount but I wanted wireless charging and the nice Quad Lock magsafe head. I like having my phone up in view but I also dislike seeing the cable strung across the dash. So I got brave today pulled the dash panels off and routed the cable through the dash. It was a little tight squeezing it all back together but it all snapped back into place as I used a flat usb c cable.

Thought I would share in case anyone else wanted to do something similar or maybe has a better idea for where/how to put a mount like this.

Power is coming from passenger 12v

Mount that came with car

Parts list

Quad lock wireless charging head, knuckle mount and phone case
Flat usb c cable
12v usb c adapter
usb c 90 degree adapter
BMW f80 magnetic phone mount

Bought just about everything off amazon except the quad lock stuff is from their website

Last edited by bokonon4; 11-21-2023 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Remove colon
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 05:36 PM   #2
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

I personally use the Rennline mount with their Magsafe style wireless charger. Power is routed in the same fashion via the passenger footwell 12v through the dash. When I get home I'll post a picture. Using a 90 degree adapter going to the mount would probably help.
Attached Images

Last edited by eff32fl; 11-22-2023 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 1