Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-26-2015, 04:03 PM   #67
JMN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X4 m40d

Any numbers with stock tune/ECU?
      03-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #68
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Any numbers with stock tune/ECU?
Not yet, need to build an extra set have a customer in town who will be stock tune testing. I would revert mine back but my base was with jb4. Also trying to finish everything for a half mile race, while Im building I test each mod with Dyno, logs and race videos to see each gain.

Started the charge pipes today looking pretty good so far. Will be a nice set with CNC cut flanges that have factory Orings and meth bungs for my meth set up. Also a CNC cut bracket to hold meth T in place will look good, will post some pics up later. Won't be ready till next week, CNC flange needs some minor tweaking but other than that looks good.
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #69
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Can you post the intake video for the m4a here?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 08:54 PM   #70
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Can you post the intake video for the m4a here?
Yeah I actually editing the video that has Dyno and logs set up on Youtube but havent finished it yet. sorry man hopefully have it done by the weekend
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 10:47 PM   #71
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Looking forward to seeing the intake!

Is the charge pipe going to have an aftermarket BOV?

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 03:59 AM   #72
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
Looking forward to seeing the intake!

Is the charge pipe going to have an aftermarket BOV?
No, I don't plan on it because the intake gives that same sound and effect. The charge pipes I'm doing are in the turbo side which is limited space and don't see where they could be added and still have room. Once finished will look to see if it's something that will look esthetically pleasing as well as functional.

Here's some pics of the CNC cut turbo flanges being made so everything fits like a glove. even the factory Oring and bolt will be used for a quick install as well as OEM fitment and function. Meth bungs will be hidden as well as a CNC cut bracket to hold the Meth T nozzle in place for those who want to be under the radar.

Everything is still in R&D process. Once perfected will polish them up for a cleaner look. Even the intake it's not finalized, but should be coming together by next week for production ready. The charge pipes will flow so much better, how much gain not sure but will Dyno them and see. Might gain a couple WHP because they aren't like the OEM pancake style.
Attached Images

Last edited by m6beast; 03-27-2015 at 04:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 09:28 AM   #73
8600RPM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

How can an intake give 30 hp? Makes no sense
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #74
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8600RPM View Post
It's design is unconventional. Ask any one that has one on their M5/M6 and on my M4 made even more gains above 6000 rpm on the Dyno. If you watch the video M4/M5 race before and after runs you'll be even more surprised. The car actually makes more power then what the Dyno shows do to air volume and Velocity of air as you increase mph. Car pulls all the way to redline now where before stops pulling at 6000 rpm, anyone that owns a M3/M4a will tell you the same. Especially on very hot days
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #75
ixse
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 boxster s

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
It's design is unconventional. Ask any one that has one on their M5/M6 and on my M4 made even more gains above 6000 rpm on the Dyno. If you watch the video M4/M5 race before and after runs you'll be even more surprised. The car actually makes more power then what the Dyno shows do to air volume and Velocity of air as you increase mph. Car pulls all the way to redline now where before stops pulling at 6000 rpm, anyone that owns a M3/M4a will tell you the same. Especially on very hot days
Volume of air is always limited by throttle body and ECU. The stock intake wasnt the limiting factor / choking point for stock ecu mapping or for mild tuning for that matter. Same reason why most Evo community had simple drop in filter prior to going big turbo. Open element filter simply werent needed to make more power.
Just because the "design" of this makes air flow higher than norm, it makes no sense for stock car to make 20-30hp extra just from it.
I understand the company will have to justify the ridiculus cost of such intake, but trying to fool consumers so they can gain massive profit margin is unforgivable.
If so confident, why not have a guarantee money back if extra 20-30hp isnt achievable? Or have vid post before n after dyno by consumers.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #76
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
Volume of air is always limited by throttle body and ECU. The stock intake wasnt the limiting factor / choking point for stock ecu mapping or for mild tuning for that matter. Same reason why most Evo community had simple drop in filter prior to going big turbo. Open element filter simply werent needed to make more power.
Just because the "design" of this makes air flow higher than norm, it makes no sense for stock car to make 20-30hp extra just from it.
I understand the company will have to justify the ridiculus cost of such intake, but trying to fool consumers so they can gain massive profit margin is unforgivable.
If so confident, why not have a guarantee money back if extra 20-30hp isnt achievable? Or have vid post before n after dyno by consumers.
Before you jump to conclusions why don't you see the Dyno per pull the data logs and video before and after. Also start your research and ask every customer that has the intake on their M5/M6 who also have proven it at the track as well as on the Dyno.

I have everything documented so why don't you reach out if you want proof instead of jumping the gun with your conclusions.

I'm an email alway I can send you all the data and you can make your own judgment no one is asking you to buy it. And even with all the data you won't be pleased till you have it yourself. I gauantee you won't want to return it!

Any way all in time Just sit back relax and let others experience for themselves I'm not here trying to sell anything someone posted about the intake so I added to the post I don't need to be on here.

Like I said the data is documented if you want to know you know where find me.
Appreciate 2
      03-28-2015, 11:19 AM   #77
JasonTPG
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Not necessarily apples to apples, but for example. Alot of our customer base is Mitsubishi Evolutions, When we were chasing a stock turbo record years ago, the car was plateaued at 375whp and running a 10.9 @ 121-122mph. We swapped to a very similar intake such as this with a velocity stack, immediately hitting the dyno the injectors were maxed out, replacing with larger injectors and back to the dyno the car made 400-410whp and was running consistent 10.5X @ 127-128mph.

A well designed intake especially utilizing a velocity stack is more then capable of the claimed gains and I for one can't wait for these to hit production and pick a set up.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #78
Buddy Revell
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4, 991 911 Turbo

Quote:
I couldn't find any posts or members on the M5 forums with independent reviews/dynos. Has anyone else seen any? I'd love to get some third party opinions on this.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #79
8600RPM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Can you post more pictures of the intake and it's pieces and perhaps explain how it's not conventional and in what way is that somehow forcing that moluch more air into the combustion chamber when multiple tuners have stated even without the air filter at all, there were no gains to be had? Just some more info. You are right, I can't find any index m5 revirws?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #80
black335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: M 4

According to Terry no significant gains with intakes until you are around 600hp
2015 Honda Accord
2020 Range Rover Sport HST
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 04:18 PM   #81
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by black335i View Post
According to Terry he says the same about the M5/M6, which the intake has proven that is not true for both platforms. taking off filters the day of a Dyno session is Nothing compared to this intake design and two weeks of adaptation, also for the M5/M6 its been Dyno, vbox Amd track proven with plenty of customers to claim it's worth and power potential. As for the M3/M4 platform it has been Dyno proven with videos before and after to show its true gains.

As for those who say they can't find info keep looking I'm not Gonna do all the work for you. It's funny how many are here to put someone down and have no fact to support their claims, but I do! Even to the point the ones who have claimed no gains, they haven't emailed me for data, that just shows me they don't care to have the intake they just want to have something to talk about. the ones that have emailed me and seen the data are on the waiting list so for those who are too busy trying to knock it down will be scratching their heads wondering why they're seeing their taillights.

For those who have been supportive and requiring for data thank you! for those who love stirring the pot,oh well some things will never change.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 04:36 PM   #82
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white cars

Quote:
Can you post more pictures of the intake and it's pieces and perhaps explain how it's not conventional and in what way is that somehow forcing that moluch more air into the combustion chamber when multiple tuners have stated even without the air filter at all, there were no gains to be had? Just some more info. You are right, I can't find any index m5 revirws?
Research "velocity stack" and the "Venturi effect".
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 04:55 PM   #83
flewbyu335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 I8/2017 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by black335i View Post
According to Terry he says the same about the M5/M6, which the intake has proven that is not true for both platforms. taking off filters the day of a Dyno session is Nothing compared to this intake design and two weeks of adaptation, also for the M5/M6 its been Dyno, vbox Amd track proven with plenty of customers to claim it's worth and power potential. As for the M3/M4 platform it has been Dyno proven with videos before and after to show its true gains.

As for those who say they can't find info keep looking I'm not Gonna do all the work for you. It's funny how many are here to put someone down and have no fact to support their claims, but I do! Even to the point the ones who have claimed no gains, they haven't emailed me for data, that just shows me they don't care to have the intake they just want to have something to talk about. the ones that have emailed me and seen the data are on the waiting list so for those who are too busy trying to knock it down will be scratching their heads wondering why they're seeing their taillights.

For those who have been supportive and requiring for data thank you! for those who love stirring the pot,oh well some things will never change.

You guys need to honestly do research. If you get a chance to speak to george you will appreciate the time, effort, and precision he puts into his products the man refuses to let anything go he will keep redoing the design untill he is satisfied and he is anal so its tough for him to be satisfied. As far as power goes he goes above and beyond to do testing with logs, dynos, and even real world races. As soon as george sends mine to me (and i should be first) i will do private testing and provide all my findings. As for the person that said hes making up numbers to justify the price if you dont want one you dont have to get one you dont understand how much r&d it takes to make a product like this. I guess we will have to wait and see but george has my support and I appreciate someone who is actually looking out for the community to make real power vs others company's who make a pipe with a filter and say there are no gains to be had.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2015, 06:24 PM   #84
335itoM
Rep
Drives: 335i

If your looking for a beta tester on this intake, let me know. Car is in southern Arizona and temps are now in the 90's. I'd be happy do dyno a before, and a 2 week after for comparison.

Just saying.....
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #85
Buddy Revell
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4, 991 911 Turbo

Quote:

Not sure if this is directed toward me, but I just stated that I haven't found any threads with independent reviews and dynos of the intake yet and would like to read more about customers' experiences/reviews etc. Not sure how that's considered "stirring the pot" or putting your intake down.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 09:07 PM   #86
tony.m6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6, CTS-V, F10 M5, TURBO-S

Quote:

Makes no sense!!! What kind of car are you driving???

Honda Civic!!!! Lol

You have no F... clue what are u saying OMG
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #87
Sid3waze
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18' e63, 08 m3 Vf 620

Garage List
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Mercedes E63s  [0.00]
I'm willing to purchase this intake and do a few before and after dyno pulls! I will give the creator the benefit of the doubt and look forward to achieving 30 whp. However, If anything south of 20whp shows up
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:39 PM   #88
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

If you're peddling something that costs $3K, you think you would provide your own information, data, product information, valid links, etc.

Telling your potential customers to "search" and "google" isn't all that comforting.
Appreciate 0