Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-21-2018, 06:14 PM   #1
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Cheap CF diffusers on ebay

Does anyone have any advice or horror stories with these?

i.e. This one here

They're selling as low as £150 in some other ads, obviously I'm not expecting it to be actually real CF but does anyone know of fitment issues or anything else like that? Does someone have a link that they've bought from which they can vouch for, roughly £150-200?

I don't have the wave-your-foot boot opening thing so that's not a concern!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 01:45 AM   #2
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Ditto for front splitter - trying to find a decent one....
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 04:56 AM   #3
Paul SR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Touring

I would try and avoid most of the cheap ones they are terrible. You are better off buying a used one from someone who has removed prior to sale. You should be able to pick up fro around £3-350 ish. More expensive but it is OEM.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 05:27 AM   #4
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SR View Post
I would try and avoid most of the cheap ones they are terrible. You are better off buying a used one from someone who has removed prior to sale. You should be able to pick up fro around £3-350 ish. More expensive but it is OEM.
I guess that's the question, what's so terrible about the cheap ones? They don't really have a functional requirement to fail at when you're just buying it for aesthetics, but if they have a documented history of simply not fitting or cracking or something then yea I'll defo avoid...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 05:38 AM   #5
Paul SR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFI View Post
I guess that's the question, what's so terrible about the cheap ones? They don't really have a functional requirement to fail at when you're just buying it for aesthetics, but if they have a documented history of simply not fitting or cracking or something then yea I'll defo avoid...
You can always resell OEM in the future and recover your costs. Bit more difficult with a cheap diffuser from eBay but not important if you want to leave on. Carbonwurks do a really good diffuser and I believe they make their own, good carbon weave and finish. Another chap on here had theirs fitted and rated very highly. Hope that helps
Appreciate 1
CrossyN81.00
      05-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #6
MILO GR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 Coupe - Crayon Grey

I have a Carbon Wurks one and it is fantastic. Strong, great fit and is not showing any signs of premature wear.
      05-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #7
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloM4 View Post
I have a Carbon Wurks one and it is fantastic. Strong, great fit and is not showing any signs of premature wear.
I ended up buying the Carbon Wurks one in the end, arrived last week, mine wasn't a great fit (they must source them from different suppliers depending on availability) the fitment holes were roughly 1-2mm out so I had to really force and practically bend it into position really pulling at it to get the screws through which I was a little disappointed with having to do - so there's some permanent stress on mine but it shouldn't be an issue... once it was on it looks the t!ts and I'm well happy with it.

Edit - picture here for anyone who comes across this in the future and wants to see another picture to help them decide:

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:08 PM   #8
Slips
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sakhir

Looks great.

Where are the tips from?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #9
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Chinese seller on Alibaba, do a search for F80 carbon tips on Alibaba and you'll find a few sellers
Appreciate 1
Slips21.00