Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #23
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Congrats and very nice build. Mine is almost exactly the same.

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 1
Bmwhocr92.00
      09-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #24
ejonsson90
Private First Class
Iceland
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Another vote for Augustiner Keller.. What a blast. We sat there for literally 3 hours, drinking beer and just people watching. We enjoyed it more than any other beer garden in Munich, and much MUCH more than Hofbrauhaus, which seems to cater more to tourists.

"pro tip" - sit outside.. Its much more fun.. We sat outside even when it was ~50F outside (we didn't have coats or sweaters). They have heat lamps and provide blankets to wrap yourself in. That's where the hard core sit :P
Yeah definitely sit outside! Then you can see the little utility vehicles they drive around in to collect all the empty glasses. What an operation!
2006 S4 25th Anniversary - #116/250
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #25
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwhocr View Post
We wondered about that! It seems Germans love to sit outside to enjoy beer/food but is outside seating still popular when its cold as well?
Heh. Not sure I would go so far as calling it popular, but there were a good group of people outside.. I'll tell you one thing: the only people sitting outside in the cold with us were locals, some in lederhosen. The people sitting inside were tourists. It wasn't bad outside even in the cold (mid Oct for us) because of the blankets and heat lamps. Plus its more fun Cautionary downside? Germans still like to smoke, so you may have to move if people start smoking upwind from you
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #26
Bmwhocr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3 | NB Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnstr View Post
Congrats and very nice build. Mine is almost exactly the same.
Thanks, you have great taste!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #27
Bmwhocr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3 | NB Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Heh. Not sure I would go so far as calling it popular, but there were a good group of people outside.. I'll tell you one thing: the only people sitting outside in the cold with us were locals, some in lederhosen. The people sitting inside were tourists. It wasn't bad outside even in the cold (mid Oct for us) because of the blankets and heat lamps. Plus its more fun Cautionary downside? Germans still like to smoke, so you may have to move if people start smoking upwind from you
YES! We noticed smoking culture is still very much alive in Germany.
Appreciate 0