BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #13465
DesmondF10
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i, 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I disagree with this statement. As this is fresh in everyone's minds, I enjoin you to look at a list of places Mr. Obama or any politician speaks after winning. They ALWAYS take a victory lap. Always.

Mr. Trump is reinforcing his base just as any other politician does. This is nothing new.

Cheers-mk
OK, I can go with that. It just seems that Trump does it more than others. But how long does the victory lap last? He was still doing it today, five months after the election. And it is not just that he takes a victory lap, it's the way he does it,and the way he abuses and demeans the opposition. That is not what a leader does.

I don't think anyone has promised more and delivered less in recent times than Mr. Trump. But that's OK. He found out that he has to please a Congress. Apparently, he was not aware of Congress, or he may not have made all of those promises.

Trump said, "I miss my old life."

Doesn't that say it all?

He was not prepared. We can only hope that this dose of humility will motivate him to learn about his job and think about the effect of his policies

2009 328i, Crimson Red/Sport Suspension, Full Bavsound
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #13466
jgoens
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmondF10 View Post
Apparently, he was not aware of Congress, or he may not have made all of those promises.
He was also not aware of the court system as well. Probably should have had a basic civics class before running for Prez.
      Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #13467
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmondF10 View Post
OK, I can go with that. It just seems that Trump does it more than others. But how long does the victory lap last? He was still doing it today, five months after the election. And it is not just that he takes a victory lap, it's the way he does it,and the way he abuses and demeans the opposition. That is not what a leader does.

I don't think anyone has promised more and delivered less in recent times than Mr. Trump. But that's OK. He found out that he has to please a Congress. Apparently, he was not aware of Congress, or he may not have made all of those promises.

Trump said, "I miss my old life."

Doesn't that say it all?

He was not prepared. We can only hope that this dose of humility will motivate him to learn about his job and think about the effect of his policies
Again, I enjoin you to do some research and compare Mr. Trump's schedule post election to Mr. Obama. Mr. Obama was making victory laps telling everyone how hard the job was because of the condition of the economy that Mr. Bush left him. His victory lap lasted 5-6 years speaking in front of friendly crowds as well as slandering Mr. Bush at every opportunity.

The presidency is a job that NO ONE is prepared for except for the president in in his 2nd term. That is the only person who is prepared. Had Mrs. Clinton won she'd still be unprepared: Watching is not doing.

Please take an objective look at the first 100 days of Mr. Trump's presidency. A real objective look. Though this is one of the dumbest things the media attempts to make a big issue out of, it is the agreed upon barometer to measure the efficacy of the new president and his leadership.

And you are forgetting the thing that makes Mr. Trump's 100 days a staggering success:

He's in the office after 98% of the media pronounced his campaign a joke with no chance of winning.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #13468
jgoens
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Again, I enjoin you to do some research and compare Mr. Trump's schedule post election to Mr. Obama. Mr. Obama was making victory laps telling everyone how hard the job was because of the condition of the economy that Mr. Bush left him. His victory lap lasted 5-6 years speaking in front of friendly crowds as well as slandering Mr. Bush at every opportunity.

The presidency is a job that NO ONE is prepared for except for the president in in his 2nd term. That is the only person who is prepared. Had Mrs. Clinton won she'd still be unprepared: Watching is not doing.

Please take an objective look at the first 100 days of Mr. Trump's presidency. A real objective look. Though this is one of the dumbest things the media attempts to make a big issue out of, it is the agreed upon barometer to measure the efficacy of the new president and his leadership.

And you are forgetting the thing that makes Mr. Trump's 100 days a staggering success:

He's in the office after 98% of the media pronounced his campaign a joke with no chance of winning.

Cheers-mk
So, what would your grade be since that was brought up for the 100 day evaluation? And that should be a grade compared to other Presidents and not account for lack of experience. As you said, no one is experienced for that position until they are there.

As I said in agreement, I think the 100 day thing is ridiculous considering the depth and far reaching ramifications of agenda that is to be accomplished, however, once a person is elected in November, they essentially have nearly three months before the 100 day period starts to work on a cabinet and an agenda.

To me, Trump has spent way to much time focusing on image and battling the media (despite the fact that they are against him) and should be straight focused on getting something big accomplished such as health care reform.