proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-02-2024, 07:00 AM   #1
janseny7
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 DCT

What went wrong with rear diff bushing install? Pic attached

Took my 2015 F82 to a local Indy shop specializing in BMW. Original rear rubber bushing was cracked so I ordered the 2018 New OEM polyurethane and brought to them to install. Part#33179503009

Mechanic called and said he got it in but it’s “way too soft” and the rear diff will move around too much. He also said he could pull it out with a screwdriver. Here is a picture for reference. It looks squished and torn up just from the install.

What do you all think the problem is? Did I order the wrong bushing? I know it’s not my year but everything I read online led me to believe the new poly bushing would fit. Or was it installed incorrectly?

We are ordering the original OEM rubber bushing from local dealership and will be here tomorrow. I’m not happy about using the original rubber one again even though it’s new.

Unfortunately I need my car and don’t have time to wait around until Monday or Tuesday to order a better bushing kit like powerflex etc.
Appreciate 0