BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Yesterday, 10:24 PM   #573
irishbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M5 CP

May I suggest what statistics are for and this is an oldie but a goodie: Damn liars. The world is watching and sees our schools, movie theaters, concerts, churches, restaurants and any gatherings as unsafe. It really should be enough and we don't need statistics manipulated to make a case. There is no excuse for the murder of our kids.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #574
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Or anybody else, you just hear about every death now. Only knew about local stuff before. Just like you can know what some random kid in China had for breakfast.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; Yesterday at 10:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #575
TheWatchGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
May I suggest what statistics are for and this is an oldie but a goodie: Damn liars. The world is watching and sees our schools, movie theaters, concerts, churches, restaurants and any gatherings as unsafe. It really should be enough and we don't need statistics manipulated to make a case. There is no excuse for the murder of our kids.
That's because only the worst things make the news.

Its similar to a car forum, you rarely see a "everything's working right" thread, so when you search for an issue, you see tons of threads with that issue. Doesnt necessarily mean its a big issue, just a lot of reporting of it.

Ive never felt unsafe at any normal place. And that includes the movie theaters in the area that the Aurora shooting was at, or the schools near and including columbine. If you're afraid of the .00001% chance you are killed in a mass shooting, I'm sorry that you live your life in fear of everything.
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #576
arkie6
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
EVEN, if those stats were correct, the American public wants change in gun laws. That is the most important statistic of all; the people want change. You can help drive the bus, ride on the bus or rebel against the change that is sure to be coming.
We definitely want change. The first thing that needs to be done is elimination of gun free zones.
Appreciate 0