Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

04-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #67
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
My son loves the 'monkey bars' in the rear LOL and absolutely loves it for the fact he can sit in the front seat at 5 years old.
My daughter is 6 and we've tried a few booster seats for the front and they don't quite fit well. Grabbed this one and it works great: http://www.mifold.com

She now sits all the way back wedged in between the bolsters and it's also great for traveling.
Thanks I'll definitely order this.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #68
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBoz View Post
I agree 100%, to each his/her own, as long as the car is actually being driven, if not sell the car, theres other people who I'm sure would love to be able to own and drive these cars around. And didn't mean to seem defensive LOL
All good!
Appreciate 1
NickBoz42.50
      04-11-2017, 04:12 PM   #69
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
So the four out of the six people that live in Canada make up for 96% of GTS drivers?

These will be garage queens for most. Probably try and hold onto them for a couple of years and sell if they gain value.
Who cares what ppl do with their cars. I doubt that you would tell a client "track it or get lost" that walks in the door asking to buy a GTS.

I don't track my gts, so what?
Go back and read the previous posts before commenting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 06:19 AM   #70
Bamaben
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 335i blk/blk/alum 6MT

This guy talks like The Cable Guy

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at him-- Jack Handey

mods: blackout grill, finishing rods, badges, Blacklines.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #71
kevinlpl
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

My experience is probably irrelevant to 99%, based on the assumptions of a few posters, but the few that may still be thinking about whether or not to buy a GTS I offer the following. (BTW BMW only built a limited quantity as they realize it is not for everyone)

As a guy who has driven, raced and instructed, in many different Porsches and BMWs, this is not an ordinary M3 (how I still think of a 2 door M car) with a few doo dads and gimmicks thrown at it. I too was skeptical, until I read all the data and actually saw the car. I have personally built many race cars, and wonderfully handling track cars for DEs and Time Trials. You can not replicate this car with simply parts. And if you try to you will spend more dollars than buying a GTS at MSRP. Yes there are a few dealers who will still sell it at MSRP, in cold weather states there are a few who will sell for under.

The combination of street ability and Track worthiness are truly outstanding! They really got the combination just right. On the street, it is clear you are in a trackable car, but you are not beat to death. If you need to drive 3 hours to a track, you can do so. If you are on Highway 5 in CA, you will be clearly aware that this is a track car, but it is tight, solid, and controlled. When you enter the circuit, you won't be saying, "hey what happened to my stiff chassis!" There is no drama from this car. It is almost telepathic on track. It is completely controllable as it nears and reaches the limits. Few, very few, cars do this well. Repeat that statement over and over. That is something designers and engineers quest for. BMW has it done with this car.

The chassis is wonderful at speed. You can come into a reducing radius turn, scrubbing speed and rotate the car, with complete confidence the chassis, steering, brakes and suspension, are all giving you a clear message as to what is happening! It is really magical. This is straight out of the box, no modifications, no new parts, no adjustments. The 996 GT3 and 997 GT3 both needed significant time and $ thrown at them for me to feel comfortable at the limits. Older cars, older technology I understand.

Suspension tuning is excellent, right away. I'm sure tenths can be shaved quickly as tuning to each individual circuit is mastered. For street compliance you can dial out some compression and even raise it a little. The solid mounted sub frame communicates clearly.

Don't take your spouse for a 6 hour drive and expect all smiles. Keep the drive under two hours and take her to a nice winery, she wont complain about the interior. The US version seats are better for spouses, the euro seats for the track of course. I feel naked without a harness, but the US seats are adequate.

Its the combination of all the parts that is impressive. The combination won't be perfect for everybody, but if you are even giving the GTS a second thought, I'd recommend you go find a dealer now. For us here in the US, it's the first time we have received one of the truly high performance M cars and I am very appreciative that BMW went to the trouble to get it here. You can buy the Extinguisher and the seats, anytime. If you don't like the wing it is just four bolts, the splitter 6 bolts, and you can go into stealth mode.

Whether or not the car goes up in value anytime soon I leave for others to debate. I invest in stocks for appreciation and growth, I buy cars for the joy of driving!

To those of you who have bought one, Congrats! Enjoy! you know what I am talking about.
Appreciate 4
Osiris64.50
johnr265179.00
BMW953.00
      04-17-2017, 11:16 PM   #72
Osiris
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 1M  [10.00]
2016 M4 GTS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlpl View Post
My experience is probably irrelevant to 99%, based on the assumptions of a few posters, but the few that may still be thinking about whether or not to buy a GTS I offer the following. (BTW BMW only built a limited quantity as they realize it is not for everyone)

As a guy who has driven, raced and instructed, in many different Porsches and BMWs, this is not an ordinary M3 (how I still think of a 2 door M car) with a few doo dads and gimmicks thrown at it. I too was skeptical, until I read all the data and actually saw the car. I have personally built many race cars, and wonderfully handling track cars for DEs and Time Trials. You can not replicate this car with simply parts. And if you try to you will spend more dollars than buying a GTS at MSRP. Yes there are a few dealers who will still sell it at MSRP, in cold weather states there are a few who will sell for under.

The combination of street ability and Track worthiness are truly outstanding! They really got the combination just right. On the street, it is clear you are in a trackable car, but you are not beat to death. If you need to drive 3 hours to a track, you can do so. If you are on Highway 5 in CA, you will be clearly aware that this is a track car, but it is tight, solid, and controlled. When you enter the circuit, you won't be saying, "hey what happened to my stiff chassis!" There is no drama from this car. It is almost telepathic on track. It is completely controllable as it nears and reaches the limits. Few, very few, cars do this well. Repeat that statement over and over. That is something designers and engineers quest for. BMW has it done with this car.

The chassis is wonderful at speed. You can come into a reducing radius turn, scrubbing speed and rotate the car, with complete confidence the chassis, steering, brakes and suspension, are all giving you a clear message as to what is happening! It is really magical. This is straight out of the box, no modifications, no new parts, no adjustments. The 996 GT3 and 997 GT3 both needed significant time and $ thrown at them for me to feel comfortable at the limits. Older cars, older technology I understand.

Suspension tuning is excellent, right away. I'm sure tenths can be shaved quickly as tuning to each individual circuit is mastered. For street compliance you can dial out some compression and even raise it a little. The solid mounted sub frame communicates clearly.

Don't take your spouse for a 6 hour drive and expect all smiles. Keep the drive under two hours and take her to a nice winery, she wont complain about the interior. The US version seats are better for spouses, the euro seats for the track of course. I feel naked without a harness, but the US seats are adequate.

Its the combination of all the parts that is impressive. The combination won't be perfect for everybody, but if you are even giving the GTS a second thought, I'd recommend you go find a dealer now. For us here in the US, it's the first time we have received one of the truly high performance M cars and I am very appreciative that BMW went to the trouble to get it here. You can buy the Extinguisher and the seats, anytime. If you don't like the wing it is just four bolts, the splitter 6 bolts, and you can go into stealth mode.

Whether or not the car goes up in value anytime soon I leave for others to debate. I invest in stocks for appreciation and growth, I buy cars for the joy of driving!

To those of you who have bought one, Congrats! Enjoy! you know what I am talking about.
I am glad to have given you your first appreciation on this blog. Couldn't have said it better. Every time I drive this car and get more comfortable with it the more I am amazed. I never owned a super car alway bmw fan though, from E30 316 as kid to 1M and this M4gts now; and even a BMW motorcycle. I almost gave up on bmw after all the fluff they have done to "commercialize" their cars. But just recently after driving this car now appreciate what bmw did as well. When bmw sent me the voucher I was planning to flip it. Now I cannot anymore (please don't tell my wife, I think she is still waiting for me to sell it).
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 09:51 PM   #73
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep

New article about the gts:
http://jalopnik.com/the-bmw-m4-gts-m...out-1793973378
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #74
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep

This video from the OP just got over a million views!
Doug DeMuro also became a 1M subscriber blogger last week...whether you like him or not. I personally like his style. Different, even if not always accurate.
Not pompous like all those rich kids or oil money reviewers.

Last edited by jpdchicago; 11-05-2017 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0