ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

06-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #89
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post
Does anyone know whats the earliest an Ultimate Build would go into production?

Would these start producing in August?
First week of July is when MY2017 is starting, so it all depends on when you get a build slot / allocation.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #90
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
First week of July is when MY2017 is starting, so it all depends on when you get a build slot / allocation.
I've heard the individual paints/interiors will not be produced in July, but not sure what the earliest start is.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #91
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I've heard the individual paints/interiors will not be produced in July, but not sure what the earliest start is.
Interesting, I have an individual (SMB) build sched for week 27. Approved prod number and all, ED set for the end of July. I don't have the Ult Pack tho I don't see why it would make a difference as its the same paint.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #92
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

Quote:
Interesting, I have an individual (SMB) build sched for week 27. Approved prod number and all, ED set for the end of July. I don't have the Ult Pack tho I don't see why it would make a different as its the same paint.
Interesting indeed. Ok maybe it is possible, but seems I was told different. Might be the Dealer I'm working with as I dont think they have an allocation yet, as far as I know.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #93
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Interesting indeed. Ok maybe it is possible, but seems I was told different. Might be the Dealer I'm working with as I dont think they have an allocation yet, as far as I know.
I agree, it seems more about what allocation that dealer has as opposed to bmw flat out not doing it in July.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #94
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

Hello guys, I just placed my order for an Ultimate package F80 M3 today. I can confirm individual paint is a no charge option. Mine will be built end of July and because of the individual paint it will be a 3-4 months delay, expected arrival end of October to early November. The alcantara wheel unfortunately I am being told was removed from the package and I am having a big FIT right now about this. Apparently this was included in the carbon fiber package in 2016 at no extra cost but BMW Canada has removed it for MY2017!! For me the Ultimate package works since I was going to order mine fully spec'd anyhow... I got 4% off MSRP so whoever is telling you guys that 2017 there's no discount is just trying to rip you off... Ordered mine in Fashion grey with Sakhir orange interior. I can't wait for this to arrive! I might finally say BYE BYE to my beloved 535i

M
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 09:14 PM   #95
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba
Hello guys, I just placed my order for an Ultimate package F80 M3 today. I can confirm individual paint is a no charge option. Mine will be built end of July and because of the individual paint it will be a 3-4 months delay, expected arrival end of October to early November. The alcantara wheel unfortunately I am being told was removed from the package and I am having a big FIT right now about this. Apparently this was included in the carbon fiber package in 2016 at no extra cost but BMW Canada has removed it for MY2017!! For me the Ultimate package works since I was going to order mine fully spec'd anyhow... I got 4% off MSRP so whoever is telling you guys that 2017 there's no discount is just trying to rip you off... Ordered mine in Fashion grey with Sakhir orange interior. I can't wait for this to arrive! I might finally say BYE BYE to my beloved 535i

M
Wow. Congrats!!! Can wait to see this one!

Is the M Carbon Package still the same price without the Alcantera steering wheel?
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #96
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba

M
Wow. Congrats!!! Can wait to see this one!

Is the M Carbon Package still the same price without the Alcantera steering wheel?
Not sure about f80 but it was 4900 for the f82 and I think it's down to 4400 now.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #97
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not sure about f80 but it was 4900 for the f82 and I think it's down to 4400 now.
Yes it is down to 4400 when it was 4600 the year before but you lose the alcantara steering wheel which is a $1400 steering wheel if bought as an accessory!
M
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 06:34 AM   #98
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba View Post
Yes it is down to 4400 when it was 4600 the year before but you lose the alcantara steering wheel which is a $1400 steering wheel if bought as an accessory!
M
I was on the fence about the carbon pkg as I like the exterior bits however I wasn't willing to give up the heated steering wheel for it. I was thinking that if I got it I could trade the wheel for stock plus get some cash back it may work. I think this new price point minus the wheel puts me in the same place I would have been. Decisions decisions...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 08:38 AM   #99
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

M
That sounds like a REALLY HOT colour combo! Definitely want to see it in person when it gets delivered

Ya, the 3-4 month push for individual paint sounds right as well based on what I've heard
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 01:47 PM   #100
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was on the fence about the carbon pkg as I like the exterior bits however I wasn't willing to give up the heated steering wheel for it. I was thinking that if I got it I could trade the wheel for stock plus get some cash back it may work. I think this new price point minus the wheel puts me in the same place I would have been. Decisions decisions...
It seems that you may never have to deal with that since I am told the alcantara steering wheel is no longer part of the package. I am hoping my SA does not know what he's talking about and that the car will arrive with the wheel. However, he did send me the car build sheet and it does state "Heated steering wheel" so maybe he is right after all!

M
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 01:48 PM   #101
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch View Post
That sounds like a REALLY HOT colour combo! Definitely want to see it in person when it gets delivered

Ya, the 3-4 month push for individual paint sounds right as well based on what I've heard
Happy to show it off once I take delivery. I will also likely post pics once I have it.

M
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #102
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Pretty good package, thanks guys for posting this up. Needs to be linked with the "Would you pay $100,000 for an M3/4" thread in the other section. Lol, this'll make the majority of CDN cars easily a hundred and then some...and throw our U.S. friends into a real tizzy over what we pay here.
yeah this is some bullshit....I wanna come to Canada just to buy my M4...$75k base list and $25k for the Ultimate....that equals less than $78k US dollars for a fully spec'd out car and you guys get cooler colors....sonuvabitch!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #103
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1857 View Post
yeah this is some bullshit....I wanna come to Canada just to buy my M4...$75k base list and $25k for the Ultimate....that equals less than $78k US dollars for a fully spec'd out car and you guys get cooler colors....sonuvabitch!!!!!
LOL, thats why I don't get why they complain they pay a lot more...they don't!
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #104
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1857 View Post
LOL, thats why I don't get why they complain they pay a lot more...they don't!
Do you guys think we get paid in American dollars too? That's not how it works.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #105
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
Do you guys think we get paid in American dollars too? That's not how it works.
LOL that
Oh and don't forget our income tax (brackets up to 45%) and HST (14.975% in QC)

M
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #106
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

OK, I see your point haha. All in jest
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 11:52 PM   #107
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

Quote:

M
Where did you hear about the Alcantera steering wheel being removed? I just placed an order on an M3 with Ultimate Package and it still showed as part of the build in the BMW ordering system. If it was removed, I would also have a fit as that was part of the value of me going with the Ultimate package.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 01:17 AM   #108
Superg3
Private
Rep
Drives: Tbd

Quote:
Originally Posted by two+2 View Post
Where did you hear about the Alcantera steering wheel being removed? I just placed an order on an M3 with Ultimate Package and it still showed as part of the build in the BMW ordering system. If it was removed, I would also have a fit as that was part of the value of me going with the Ultimate package.
Ask your dealer if Z99 is in your build. This is the alcantara wheel. I was told it won't be part of Canadian production this year and the pkg has been discounted by $500 from the orignal 25k. You will see z99 is not on the pricing guide posted here. Although is available through dealer parts. Hopefully your dealer has better news from BMW Canada because I still very much want the alcantara flat bottom wheel.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 12:29 AM   #109
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

SuperG3, unfortunately you are correct. They did indeed remove the M Performance steering wheel from the Ultimate package.

I have attached the latest pricing guide received from my sales guy.

I tried to get my sales guy to add it into my build since it has not even gotten an allocation yet but he's giving me a hard time saying BMW is backordered on those? - Can anyone confirm?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MY17 M3 & M4 - Retail (July 1).pdf (124.0 KB, 511 views)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:55 PM   #110
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by two+2 View Post
SuperG3, unfortunately you are correct. They did indeed remove the M Performance steering wheel from the Ultimate package.

I have attached the latest pricing guide received from my sales guy.

I tried to get my sales guy to add it into my build since it has not even gotten an allocation yet but he's giving me a hard time saying BMW is backordered on those? - Can anyone confirm?
I was in the same boat as you as well. When I was building my new M4 last month I was really excited about the Alcantara steering wheel in the Ultimate Package. Then when it finally came down to placing an order I found out it was removed and price was adjusted to reflect this change. My dealer happened to have a vert M4 in the showroom with this steering wheel so I was really disappointed that I wouldn't get it.

However, I came across this thread which shows the v2 of the performance steering wheel which has a flat bottom and is a mixture of Alcantara and leather. I actually prefer this one over the full Alcantara steering wheel I saw in the showroom. I'm definitely going to order this one shortly after I take delivery of my M4.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1256753
Appreciate 0