R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

04-05-2018, 06:09 AM   #705
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post
My car just arrived in Bavaria to my dealer today. We shall see if it has the CF drive shaft.
hey buddy... what Kaserne are you located at?
Not sure what that means bud. Service is shitty so I can't google it.
      04-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #706
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My car just arrived in Bavaria to my dealer today. We shall see if it has the CF drive shaft.
It means barracks in German. Come on Graves your going to need to learn these things is you stationed in Germany hahaha. I kid, of course.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #707
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It means barracks in German. Come one Graves your going to need to learn these things is you stationed in Germany hahaha. I kid, of course.
Lol, oh okay. I will be at Grafenwhoer but living in the economy. Are you there now?
Thescout134944.00
      04-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #708
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It means barracks in German. Come one Graves your going to need to learn these things is you stationed in Germany hahaha. I kid, of course.
Lol, oh okay. I will be at Grafenwhoer but living in the economy. Are you there now?
I am not but maybe MSport_Jon is.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #709
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am not but maybe MSport_Jon is.
Oh damn, asked the wrong dude.
Thescout134944.00
      04-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #710
coldfish
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2018 M3 F80

Quote:
You know... Asking for paperwork from these dudes is like pulling teeth...

especially when under warranty work. i will take pictures of the diff as it is supposed to be a new part as well.
lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 05:21 AM   #711
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
That was funny.... lol

Ok Graves.... im in Hohenfels! if you need Service your US Spec Car, you have to nearby choices Autohaus J.B Lell in Amberg. Never been in it but i have coworkers that have and they said they have native English speakers there. Also there is one in Weiden area Autohaus Graser as well as Lell. These 2 have service departments. Dont bother with Bavarian Motor Cars in Graf. They will just send you the the other 2 for service and their after-sale customer service is sh!t once you have your car and they have their money.

If you need Indy experience you have Moritz Motorsports in Wackersdorf. He also has winter storage in case you plan to store you car.

The biggest dealer ship in the area by far is AutoHaus Hoffmann in Regensburg. They have everything else the smaller ones do not and speak decent english.

The service in Germany is different from the states. Let me explain a little bit so that you know what i mean.

Say you have some sort of brake noise and you need them to check your car. The technician will check the noise and coincidentally finds a rock behind the rotor splash panel. He will remove it and send you on your way without testing everything else that could be the cause of noises. I have noticed that they are not thorough with their checks and you will find yourself doing multiple trips for the same thing. Insist on them road-testing and checking everything before you take you car back.

Dont let them plant ideas such as "the car is rough like that from the factory" or the famous" its an M car" excuse... Also, if you get a long term loaner, get a copy of the loaner/rental contract.

Other than that bud , good luck buddy and ill see you on the Autobahn...
Appreciate 1
Graves1130.00
      04-06-2018, 05:25 AM   #712
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow78 View Post
What month/year was your car built?

If it was built 07/2016 or earlier, you probably had differential part number 33108090479 and driveshaft part number 26117855000 (1477mm in length with included slip yoke).

For cars built 07/2016 and later, they came with differential part number 33108090480 and driveshaft part number 26107857629 (1471mm and without slip yoke). Your car likely has the later versions now.

Please note the differential part numbers listed are for remanufactured units. RealOEM lists new diff part numbers as well, but I'd be surprised if you could buy one.

02/16 MY

Thats helpful but not sure to be honest. I emailed my service advisor at Autohaus Praller. Hopefully i can receive some paperwork before my 80th birthday!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 05:32 AM   #713
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
That was funny.... lol

Ok Graves.... im in Hohenfels! if you need Service your US Spec Car, you have to nearby choices Autohaus J.B Lell in Amberg. Never been in it but i have coworkers that have and they said they have native English speakers there. Also there is one in Weiden area Autohaus Graser as well as Lell. These 2 have service departments. Dont bother with Bavarian Motor Cars in Graf. They will just send you the the other 2 for service and their after-sale customer service is sh!t once you have your car and they have their money.

If you need Indy experience you have Moritz Motorsports in Wackersdorf. He also has winter storage in case you plan to store you car.

The biggest dealer ship in the area by far is AutoHaus Hoffmann in Regensburg. They have everything else the smaller ones do not and speak decent english.

The service in Germany is different from the states. Let me explain a little bit so that you know what i mean.

Say you have some sort of brake noise and you need them to check your car. The technician will check the noise and coincidentally finds a rock behind the rotor splash panel. He will remove it and send you on your way without testing everything else that could be the cause of noises. I have noticed that they are not thorough with their checks and you will find yourself doing multiple trips for the same thing. Insist on them road-testing and checking everything before you take you car back.

Dont let them plant ideas such as "the car is rough like that from the factory" or the famous" its an M car" excuse... Also, if you get a long term loaner, get a copy of the loaner/rental contract.

Other than that bud , good luck buddy and ill see you on the Autobahn...
Thanks for the info dude. I'll hit you up when I get there and we'll meet up. Be nice to meet some other English speaking bimmer guys.
      04-06-2018, 05:39 AM   #714
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

The is M Flight Bimmer club in the area. Im not part of it since i do not have the time and live sort of far from them but if i was in the area i would def join...

there are tons of good dudes in the area with bimmers that will help you one way or another.
Appreciate 1
Graves1130.00
      04-06-2018, 07:25 AM   #715
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

+1 for Motorsport Moritz in Wackersdorf. I drive exactly 500 miles each way to have the owner do my suspension work.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #716
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
The is M Flight Bimmer club in the area. Im not part of it since i do not have the time and live sort of far from them but if i was in the area i would def join...

there are tons of good dudes in the area with bimmers that will help you one way or another.
Awesome!
      04-06-2018, 08:17 AM   #717
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
+1 for Motorsport Moritz in Wackersdorf. I drive exactly 500 miles each way to have the owner do my suspension work.
Wow 500 miles?????? There has to be someone closer to you!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #718
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep

Quote:
Wow 500 miles?????? There has to be someone closer to you!
Not with the same level of expertise or quality of workmanship. Italians are very "relaxed" about the work they do.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #719
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not with the same level of expertise or quality of workmanship. Italians are very "relaxed" about the work they do.
Wow.... what about Austria or perhaps Switzerland?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 08:31 AM   #720
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep

Quote:
Wow.... what about Austria or perhaps Switzerland?
Florian (Flo) Mortiz is well known in the M Flight community. I don't mind the drive and I never have a second thought about making the trip.

You couldn't pay me to go to Switzerland...too many speed cameras and bored police.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #721
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Florian (Flo) Mortiz is well known in the M Flight community. I don't mind the drive and I never have a second thought about making the trip.

You couldn't pay me to go to Switzerland...too many speed cameras and bored police.
cool!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #722
coldfish
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2018 M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Production was delayed, so EstrlM3 was probably at status 112 for ?March build, ceramic brake shortage changed to status 111 with a new build week. This happened to my X5M, CA incorrectly had extended leather on the VIR at status 112, when I had him correct to full leather, status went to 111 and a new build week of 4 weeks later than original- didn't matter as the PCD was 8+ wks out away.
They are surely running out of CCB. My build is in April and trying to get CCB on my order, which was denied by factory saying NO MORE CCB for normal M3. So I have to stick with nomral brake otherwise it has to be cancelled.

You are lucky to get one M3 with CCB even though your build has to wait till July
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #723
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfish View Post
They are surely running out of CCB. My build is in April and trying to get CCB on my order, which was denied by factory saying NO MORE CCB for normal M3. So I have to stick with nomral brake otherwise it has to be cancelled.

You are lucky to get one M3 with CCB even though your build has to wait till July
Maybe the steel driveshaft will be fix the stupid drive train humming that a lot of F8X cars do...
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #724
NPuter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Maybe the steel driveshaft will be fix the stupid drive train humming that a lot of F8X cars do...
Can you give me a little background on this? (new owner)

I started noticing a very quick low frequency increasing pitch hum right as I accelerate slowly past 20mph. Figure it's normal, but wondered if it's a known thing.
      04-26-2018, 12:10 AM   #725
FC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 F90, '23 BGTS 4.0, '21 GTI

Anyone seen an F80 with a steel shaft yet?

We are getting so close to EOP for the non-CS M3* that if they haven't switched over already, they might never do it and will just make them all CF.

*Multiple reports of no more allocations in US, no more cars in Germany, etc. What's the point of spooling up production of steel shafts at this point? It will probably cost more to phase steel shafts in and carry extra service parts.
Appreciate 2
shay2nak1070.00
      04-26-2018, 04:21 AM   #726
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Anyone seen an F80 with a steel shaft yet?

We are getting so close to EOP for the non-CS M3* that if they haven't switched over already, they might never do it and will just make them all CF.

*Multiple reports of no more allocations in US, no more cars in Germany, etc. What's the point of spooling up production of steel shafts at this point? It will probably cost more to phase steel shafts in and carry extra service parts.
I don't see the steel shaft in ETK. Particle filter for the F82 is already in there, though.