Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

02-16-2024, 11:28 PM   #1
wetroads
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp

Bremtec Brakes

They seem to be everywhere. In the market for rotors and pads shortly.

Anyone tried Bremtec? Good? Bad? Okay?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 09:28 PM   #2
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetroads View Post
They seem to be everywhere. In the market for rotors and pads shortly.

Anyone tried Bremtec? Good? Bad? Okay?
They're a downgrade from the 2-piece factory rotors. The factory rotors are lightweight 2-piece with aluminium hats. Bremtec rotors are all steel (even though they have machined gaps in the hat to mimic the 2-piece look, these are are still heavy 1-piece steel boat anchors (increases unsprung mass). Apart from being heavier, they also cannot freely expand under track abuse (when the rotors get very hot).

Whether you take your car to the track or not, I wouldn't fit worse equipment to my car than the factory OE spec (Original Equipment).

There's a vendor/retailer that always keeps posting these Bremtec rotors, and tries hard to sell them on the F80 Australia Facebook group (and other related BMW buy/sell Facebook groups), and he says they're an upgrade over stock in which I always counter post saying the opposite with evidence, then he stops replying, or deletes his posts. Happened like 3-4 times now, with few months in between each time haha. Being an engineer, it angers me when a retailer spreads misinformation to the consumer, to make some $$$$

Bremtec Rotors:

Factory OE Rotors (OE = Original Equipment):

These cars cost $160-180k brand new (in Australia), because of the level of factory equipment that they came with, you're paying for the engineering. I wouldn't fit lower spec parts to my car, than what came on it, personally. I either upgrade, or I keep it OE.

You need Motorsport oriented 2-piece rotors, so you can do the below on track

Last edited by Pete.J; 03-12-2024 at 06:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
RogueAI104.00
      03-21-2024, 10:44 PM   #3
-nexus-
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 Competition

I used Bremtec pads on my partner's 2019 Volvo XC60 and they were awful. Abhorrent performance (even dangerous) when cold, mediocre performance when they had some heat in them. No track work, just daily driving. Absolutely would not recommend.

Changed them out after 10,000km to some Bendix pads and the difference is night and day.
Appreciate 1