ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

02-18-2018, 02:27 AM   #89
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
They aren't learning fast enough. BMW San Francisco is still a pain to work with. The fact that they vinyl their dealership to your car if you deliver it, makes me laugh.

How do I know? I have seen it in person. They literally turned into CarMax by sticking vinyl to your car.

There is no reason to be aggressive against a CA who is just willing to help. Some times having convenience is better than being a pain in the ass to get the best deal possible, then in the process become an nightmare client to deal with.

I absolutely appreciate Mr. MJB transparency, ignore that one person. Do not let him deter you from your job.
BMW of SF has built up a reputation for quite some time, esp. with new tech money in SF.

The South Bay dealers behave better than BMW of SF these days, at least they are aggressive on new car deals, and try to make a killing on trade-in and F&I, so the Silicon Valley money also adjust by paying cash and selling old cars to Carmax.

I have not followed MJB's posts that much, he does sound like a nice guy, and would be a good guy to work with if he is in volume markets like LA.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:46 AM   #90
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Yes that was true in the past but recently it has improved quite a bit.

The irony is that Silicon Valley money is way ahead of MSFT/AMZN money, and yet Bay Area dealers are learning from LA folks, while Seattle dealers continue on their tradition(maybe PNW market really is too small to do otherwise).

And friends in MSFT/AMZN got angry seeing the prices at Bay Area while on their business trips, so they have since adjusted accordingly.
They aren't learning fast enough. BMW San Francisco is still a pain to work with. The fact that they vinyl their dealership to your car if you deliver it, makes me laugh.

How do I know? I have seen it in person. They literally turned into CarMax by sticking vinyl to your car.

There is no reason to be aggressive against a CA who is just willing to help. Some times having convenience is better than being a pain in the ass to get the best deal possible, then in the process become an nightmare client to deal with.

I absolutely appreciate Mr. MJB transparency, ignore that one person. Do not let him deter you from your job.
For full disclosure the issue was mark-up of the MF under the allowed lease program terms, as deals around here on Bimmerpost had been at invoice or $500 above exclusive of incetives with buy rate MF. Just making 'festers and 'posters aware of this business model for market 34. Nothing wrong with going out of your local market to secure these terms and requesting a courtesy delivery. The pressure and frustration from declining sales is showing.

Convinance is sitting in your living room and e-mailing your out of market CA the build specs, having the lease documents FedEx to you to sign in the comfort of your house and then flying to GSP to be pampered by BMW NA at the PC for a PCD. Don't know how that is being a pain.
drexplode1779.00
      02-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #91
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
It is a great thread, with lots of useful info, e.g. the top sales list. In a way, the original intent of the thread, and the flameout, are irrelevant, as readers now know how to side step high prices at "inflexible" markets.

Another angle is that, the reputation of the PNW market is not built, nor torn down, by a few posts on forums. The reputation is built over the years, and over generations of customers, CAs/GSMs, and forum posters.

Similarly, losing out PNW customers to LA(or even Bay Area lol) has been a trend for quite some time too, and PNW dealers are well aware of the numbers.
Why did you change your handle name over here, namelessman? (unless there is someone else with the exact same posting style as you). Nothing wrong with that, just wondering.

Let me edit this as I notice that "bavarianride" has had an account here since 2013... so let me ask the question, are you the same poster as "namelessman" on bimmerfest? your statement of "I dont follow mjbrown posts much" insinuates no, but the posting style, comments etc are very similar, so if not, you two have the exact same writing style.

Last edited by jjrandorin; 02-18-2018 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #92
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBrown62 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the props @MJBrown62, justifies my inclusion in the BMW VIP ordering program.

This has spilled over between 2 BMW forums now regarding Pacific Northwest:

I Fear For the Ask-A-Dealer Forum
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho....php?t=1229641
Yes, and the Ibiza is the one doing the spilling.

Please take all you read from Ibiza with a grain of salt. Don't take his word on anything, as he likes to present info as fact and I've had to correct him numerous times.

He also likes to use Google searches to post old internal docs that may or may not have any current relevance.

And he does all that from the anonymity of posting on a forum. Whereas you all know I work at BMW Seattle.

If you have questions and you want real answers, ask the sponsors and /or CAs that participate on the Forums.

I can be reached here by PM, Bimmerfest by PM and MJBrown62, and by email at michaelbrown@bmwseattle.com.

Cheers all!

MJB
Appreciate you posting on Bimmerpost, but I believe there are guidelines that CA's need to pay a fee as a sponsor prior to soliciting business.
What happened between you guys on Bimmerfest Ibiza?

It's obvious to me that "small" market dealers think they have people over a barrel. It's not true and if people were smart they would just go out of state or better still go for Euro Delivery.
We all know that BMW sales are down unless NA offers incentive money as the CA's are feeling the pressure. I cross linked the threads. Makes sense that Golffer was sent notice not to post the MF's anymore on this forum, as it's one of the last 'protected' sources of revenue for dealerships as they are holding tight onto the trunk money. With pricing starting closer to invoice, it's only a mater of time before the trunk money erodes. Suggesting courtesy delivery sent the thread nuclear as a means of going out of area/state. IF the west coast ever has PCD, then game over.
Gotcha. If I'm not mistaken some of the other manufactures (Mercedes) already do offer courtesy delivery. It would great if BMW also did but in my region (Northeast US) it doesn't matter. There are a shit ton of dealers and I can always fall back on PCD if need be.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #93
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Quote:

It's obvious to me that "small" market dealers think they have people over a barrel. It's not true and if people were smart they would just go out of state or better still go for Euro Delivery.
what happened (to summarize) is, Michael is (was) one of the last active CAs on bimmerfest, answering questions that he is able to about everything from incentives, to "what does the system show on this low mileage demo car I want to buy?" for pretty much everyone who asks.

he did not disclose things that he was unable to (trunk / MF) but everything he could, he did, for everyone. Hardly anyone was in his area but he answered everyone.

He posted a thread bemoaning the fact that he was the "last CA standing" over there, and that many other long time posters who helped everyone (like me) also have pulled back on that.

The thread went on for a while, and later devolved into a personal attack on dealers in the Pacific northwest (linking this thread, which did NOT happen at his dealership), and michael also for being transparent about how he STARTS when he structures deals.

/end recap.

On a personal note, I witnessed michael help numerous people over there on bimmerfest, and he also gave ME some information when I was attempting to help people over there. I pulled way back on that help over there for various reasons that are not worth going into.

Michael is a great guy, and if I was in the area I certainly would contact him to try to work out a deal.He CARES about the brand, and likes helping people, which is important to me, but maybe not as important to everyone.

Anyway, thats what happened. (this thread is linked to over there).
I see. I started on Bimmerfest years ago when I first leaned about ED. It was a great resource but I somehow got tired of it and found myself over here more and more. There's something about Bimmerpost that I like better and the community here seems more active.

I appreciate the CAs that help the members and as long as they can keep their pricing reasonable they should be rewarded IMO. What bugs me sometimes is the attitude that "I offer this pristine experience so my pricing reflects that". That really doesn't work for me considering the fact that I know the car buying/leasing process in and out and I know more about the cars (BMWs) then most, dare I say all, CAs.
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3600.50
      02-18-2018, 11:12 AM   #94
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I see. I started on Bimmerfest years ago when I first leaned about ED. It was a great resource but I somehow got tired of it and found myself over here more and more. There's something about Bimmerpost that I like better and the community here seems more active.

I appreciate the CAs that help the members and as long as they can keep their pricing reasonable they should be rewarded IMO. What bugs me sometimes is the attitude that "I offer this pristine experience so my pricing reflects that". That really doesn't work for me considering the fact that I know the car buying/leasing process in and out and I know more about the cars (BMWs) then most, dare I say all, CAs.
Yes "I offer this pristine experience so my pricing reflects that" does not quite work for many customers, esp. around NorCal.

Yes it will be nice if the West Coast M school@Thermal also can do PCD! As demand pends up that probably will be the route taken next.

Last edited by bavarianride; 02-18-2018 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #95
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

OP did not have to go thru the dealer's finance dept in this particular case, an online application with that dealer name would have lock the rates/incentives without the dealer finance tricks if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBrown62 View Post
Not true. You must choose a dealer when you apply online. The only way to have that approval locked and available for "any" dealer is to apply multiple times and choose alternative dealers.

If you end up with another dealer that doesn't have your "lock," you need to apply to them and then lose the lock if it's during a later program period.

MJB
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #96
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:

Yes "I offer this pristine experience so my pricing reflects that" does not quite work for many customers, esp. around NorCal.

Yes it will be nice if the West Coast M school@Thermal also can do PCD! As demand pends up that probably will be the route taken next.
I think the main issue with PCD at Thermal is that BMW doesn't own Thermal, they just lease time/space there. Makes PCD a little more difficult of a proposition. Would be cool nonetheless
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:07 PM   #97
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what happened (to summarize) is, Michael is (was) one of the last active CAs on bimmerfest, answering questions that he is able to about everything from incentives, to "what does the system show on this low mileage demo car I want to buy?" for pretty much everyone who asks.

he did not disclose things that he was unable to (trunk / MF) but everything he could, he did, for everyone. Hardly anyone was in his area but he answered everyone.

He posted a thread bemoaning the fact that he was the "last CA standing" over there, and that many other long time posters who helped everyone (like me) also have pulled back on that.

The thread went on for a while, and later devolved into a personal attack on dealers in the Pacific northwest (linking this thread, which did NOT happen at his dealership), and michael also for being transparent about how he STARTS when he structures deals.

/end recap.

On a personal note, I witnessed michael help numerous people over there on bimmerfest, and he also gave ME some information when I was attempting to help people over there. I pulled way back on that help over there for various reasons that are not worth going into.

Michael is a great guy, and if I was in the area I certainly would contact him to try to work out a deal.He CARES about the brand, and likes helping people, which is important to me, but maybe not as important to everyone.

The only 'action' on Bimmerfest was 'Ask a dealer' as the sub-model forums are very quite. It's a crime to call out a CA for marking up the MF? So what happened? The retires there are all bent up out of shape, like they were purchasing vehicles from CA's? They don't realize it's all marketing when your the internet sales manager, but will see how long it takes mods here to quash the non-sponership posts.

This.
Attached Images

02-18-2018, 06:36 PM   #98
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

/end recap.

I agree with you that Bimmerfest used to be a great resource for ED when Irv Robinson was alive and active. A few of the PC staff posted on the Performance Center Delivery sub-forum until daddy BMW NA told them couldn't post anymore.
      02-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #99
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
I think the main issue with PCD at Thermal is that BMW doesn't own Thermal, they just lease time/space there. Makes PCD a little more difficult of a proposition. Would be cool nonetheless
It depends on the West Coast demand on PCD. If the demand is high enough, BMWNA may entertain setting up a BMWNA-owned store(similar to Manhattan one?) close to Thermal, and support PCD through that BMWNA-owned store.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 01:07 AM   #100
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Gotcha. If I'm not mistaken some of the other manufactures (Mercedes) already do offer courtesy delivery. It would great if BMW also did but in my region (Northeast US) it doesn't matter. There are a shit ton of dealers and I can always fall back on PCD if need be.
Any experience with BMW owned store at Manhattan? How does that store operate differently than other non-BMW owned stores?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 06:12 AM   #101
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

/end recap.

I agree with you that Bimmerfest used to be a great resource for ED when Irv Robinson was alive and active. A few of the PC staff posted on the Performance Center Delivery sub-forum until daddy BMW NA told them couldn't post anymore.
I spoke with Irv Robinson years ago. Seemed like a good guy.

I guess BMW really does monitor these forums
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 06:17 AM   #102
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Any experience with BMW owned store at Manhattan? How does that store operate differently than other non-BMW owned stores?
I'm on Long Island (Suburbs of NYC). Until I read your post I had no idea BMW owned a store in Manhattan. Next time I'm in the city I'll have a look. I generally stay away from NYC and east end of Long Island (Hamptons) dealerships. Definitely not the best deals to be had in those locations.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #103
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm on Long Island (Suburbs of NYC). Until I read your post I had no idea BMW owned a store in Manhattan. Next time I'm in the city I'll have a look. I generally stay away from NYC and east end of Long Island (Hamptons) dealerships. Definitely not the best deals to be had in those locations.
Yes that came as a surprise given many posters here and the other forum say BMW does not own any of the dealer. It may be the case that NYC cost of operation is too high, so BMWNA steps up to maintain a presence there.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #104
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It is a great thread, with lots of useful info, e.g. the top sales list. In a way, the original intent of the thread, and the flameout, are irrelevant, as readers now know how to side step high prices at "inflexible" markets.

Another angle is that, the reputation of the PNW market is not built, nor torn down, by a few posts on forums. The reputation is built over the years, and over generations of customers, CAs/GSMs, and forum posters.

Similarly, losing out PNW customers to LA(or even Bay Area lol) has been a trend for quite some time too, and PNW dealers are well aware of the numbers.
Why did you change your handle name over here, namelessman? (unless there is someone else with the exact same posting style as you). Nothing wrong with that, just wondering.

Let me edit this as I notice that "bavarianride" has had an account here since 2013... so let me ask the question, are you the same poster as "namelessman" on bimmerfest? your statement of "I dont follow mjbrown posts much" insinuates no, but the posting style, comments etc are very similar, so if not, you two have the exact same writing style.
An other recent name change is newly created X3andout. Read the previous posts on this thread.
      02-19-2018, 02:11 PM   #105
X3andOut
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
An other recent name change is newly created X3andout. Read the previous posts on this thread.
Dude, just let me be, OK?

I'm helping people. Don't you get it. The moderator said I can't delete my account, so I did a name change.

I'm using PM to help people so that people like you can just let me do my thing.

Let it go man, just let it go.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #106
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

How common is OP's experience, namely, price increases after travel plans are made?

There is an old article about wrong color at Welt delivery, but one of the comments of that article mentioned dealer canceling the ED order as the buyer questioned price increase(after buyer bought tickets).

Since ED order can be cancelled, one strategy in OP's situation is to just rent a BMW for the trip, e.g. a 7-series can be rented for $800/week(right?) before tax+fee(and let's assume free CDW from OP's CC).

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-disaster.html
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 12:37 AM   #107
farishat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 330i ZHP, 2024 G80 M3

All of WA dealers are money grubbing scum :-) Thanks to rich suckers from Amazon, Google, Facebook(fakenews), Microsoft who gladly shell out $$$. :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #108
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farishat View Post
All of WA dealers are money grubbing scum :-) Thanks to rich suckers from Amazon, Google, Facebook(fakenews), Microsoft who gladly shell out $$$. :-)
Don't forget the 3 professional sports teams in the area and Boeing executives.
      02-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #109
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Does Bay Area have more top companies and more pro teams than Seattle?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #110
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Does Bay Area have more top companies and more pro teams than Seattle?
As an East coaster, bay area teams are: 2 NFL teams, 1 NBA, 2 MLB- also MLS.

I need to correct that Seattle only has 1 MLB and 1 NFL, as the NBA team moved to ?Oklahoma City, there is a MLS team.

Bay Area with Apple, Alphabet, Facebook, Oracle are the big ones, which the market cap is greater than Amazon/Microsoft/Boeing.

Still with 3 dealerships that has been referenced in this post, would expect competition within market 38.