R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

03-07-2024, 04:04 PM   #1
Tigamilla
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Retrofit ICON LCI lights - does the HBA stalk need coding in?

I recently picked up an M4 competition pack, it is well specced but whoever the first owner was, they decided not to splash out on LED headlighst so it came with non adaptive Xenons.

The Xenons are now erroring out, so I thought it was a good opportunity to get the LCI Ikons installed (+ some yellow CSL DRLs). I have found an eBay seller who has the ikons and can do the install and coding, the car has the sign-post recognition camera so I'm thinking its also ready to to do High Beam Assist (HBA).

The problem: I don't have the HBA button on the indicator stalk, I have found a number of used "collars" on eBay that do have the button on the indicator stalk and it looks like a fairly straightforward swap. My question is then... does this stalk / button button need to be coded in? Or will the car assume it has the correct indicator stalk installed when the VO is coded to update the car with the ICONS?

I initially posted this under light and cosmetic modifications, perhaps this is a better place for it though.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 03:36 AM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigamilla View Post
I recently picked up an M4 competition pack, it is well specced but whoever the first owner was, they decided not to splash out on LED headlighst so it came with non adaptive Xenons.

The Xenons are now erroring out, so I thought it was a good opportunity to get the LCI Ikons installed (+ some yellow CSL DRLs). I have found an eBay seller who has the ikons and can do the install and coding, the car has the sign-post recognition camera so I'm thinking its also ready to to do High Beam Assist (HBA).

The problem: I don't have the HBA button on the indicator stalk, I have found a number of used "collars" on eBay that do have the button on the indicator stalk and it looks like a fairly straightforward swap. My question is then... does this stalk / button button need to be coded in? Or will the car assume it has the correct indicator stalk installed when the VO is coded to update the car with the ICONS?

I initially posted this under light and cosmetic modifications, perhaps this is a better place for it though.
it's needed to be coded correctly (5AC) - need Kafas or FLA
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2024, 01:23 PM   #3
Tigamilla
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Massive thanks to @kubax86 for sorting out coding after an ICON installation. My installer was a genius with the wiring and managed to do it with no harness, just repinning. However there were… er… some coding issues. Very happy now everything works perfectly.
Appreciate 0