Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

02-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #89
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Correct. Good eye that is a M6 GC. My son insisted on throwing up the pic on the post. He is an avid Bimmerpost fan at 5 and loves browsing car pics especially when it's him in the pic.
      02-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #90
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
Just came from the show in Philly. Thought I would be salavating over the M3/4...I just wasn't. Although they both look like they might have "travel back in time" speed. Particularly the M4 with cabon ceramic brakes. The seats looked AMAZING!!! That's about it. I can't wait for testing/comparos so maybe I can be more excited but for now I'm not. However I did get some seat time in the C7 Stingray for the first time and am BLOWN AWAY!!! I wasn't even moving and am EXTREMELY impressed with all you get for very little coin. The car looks way better in person than in photographs as well. I don't even care anymore about having only 2 seats, how low you sit or you have to guess where the front bumper is. I hated the rear of the car in photos until how the rear glass is integrated into the car and the view it provides...It looks like a true pure unadulterated piece of sportscar sculpture now. If I make a move it's gonna be to a C7. It's just too compelling.
My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately I have a kid and need 4 doors, so I cant get the C7, but if I were coming out of a E92, I honestly wouldn't even bother with anything else but C7 IF you dont have to daily drive it and it can be your weekend car. If you are going to put 15000 miles a year driving in city, M4 is the best value for money, C7 cannot beat that. But in terms of performance, looks, aggressiveness etc, M4 does not even come close to the C7.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 05:53 PM   #91
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately I have a kid and need 4 doors, so I cant get the C7, but if I were coming out of a E92, I honestly wouldn't even bother with anything else but C7 IF you dont have to daily drive it and it can be your weekend car. If you are going to put 15000 miles a year driving in city, M4 is the best value for money, C7 cannot beat that. But in terms of performance, looks, aggressiveness etc, M4 does not even come close to the C7.
Your comparing apples to oranges. One vehicle serves one purpose and one serves another.. One is a pure sports car and one is that perfect blend that the M3 has always been.. This isn't a c7 vs F80 forum. I have driven the c7 and it's incredible but as I stated they don't serve the same purpose. It's by far the best vette IMO and an amazing machine but one shouldn't be compared to the other.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #92
RealStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by messm3 View Post
Your comparing apples to oranges. One vehicle serves one purpose and one serves another.. One is a pure sports car and one is that perfect blend that the M3 has always been.. This isn't a c7 vs F80 forum. I have driven the c7 and it's incredible but as I stated they don't serve the same purpose. It's by far the best vette IMO and an amazing machine but one shouldn't be compared to the other.
I am not comparing them. I specifically said if you want to daily drive the car, M4 is the best value for the money. Did you read my post? It looks like you haven't. From a sports car perspective, C7 is in another league. So if the person is interested in simply tracking the car and will put 2000 miles a year, C7 is a much better value. But as an every day car that is fast, luxurious, comfortable, AND functional, C7 doesn't come close to M4.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #93
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig
Quote:
Originally Posted by messm3 View Post
I am not comparing them. I specifically said if you want to daily drive the car, M4 is the best value for the money. Did you read my post? It looks like you haven't. From a sports car perspective, C7 is in another league. So if the person is interested in simply tracking the car and will put 2000 miles a year, C7 is a much better value. But as an every day car that is fast, luxurious, comfortable, AND functional, C7 doesn't come close to M4.
I agree on both of your views on C7 vs M4 but for me it's simple. The C7 at the Car Show was simply predominately mobbed by 60+ year old men with Chevy Tshirts talking bout how they can't wait to take it for a Sunday stroll for pound cake at the coffee shop on 5th and Spruce. AND this is my issue. Pretty much any corvette meet I have ever attended involved a dominant older population that all they want to talk about is how they just don't make cars like they used to..blah blah.,bash other cars...blah blah...and talk about classic cars 24/7.

That's all cool to a point but Just shoot me now if it's not every time. For me a car is not just a personal thing but a common culture where at least you can always find a great conversation and a few friends about common interests. This is what I love about a BMW. No matter the age for the most part always a diverse and cool crowd. Now I I have met some amazing older folks who can drive me under the table who are great to talk to but yeah here's to hoping that the C7 will put a dent in that stigma which I think it will. For now M4 all day now just try and convince me I'm wrong..
      02-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #94
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Sexy car(s).

I am wondering however, if it's possible for BMW to make attractive looking tail pipes. IMO, the E92 looked pretty good, but the current F8X series looks hugely meh. And don't even get me started on how ugly the E46's was.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #95
Congen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw335i

I think that C7 is bloody ugly! Must be an American thing if you guys like it! Comparing an M4 to that is like me choosing between a lotus Elise and M4 doesn't add up
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #96
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congen View Post
I think that C7 is bloody ugly! Must be an American thing if you guys like it! Comparing an M4 to that is like me choosing between a lotus Elise and M4 doesn't add up
everyone has their own opinion, and I doubt where you are from has a ton to do with it.

im from the US, as is my GF, and we both saw the vette and m3 at the Houston auto show. neither one of us looked much at the vette, but both greatly preferred the m3.

different strokes for different folks. I also don't think the base vette performance will eclipse that of the new m3 by much, if at all.
      02-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #97
House MD
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i

I really do like the M3 chassi more then the M4, always when I see a 4er, it reminds me of the GT modells and those looking horribly imho.

The M3 looks pretty nice in black, would order one straight away, if I could afford it
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #98
greenmoldy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbonphiber
Quote:
It looks extremely cheap to me, I'm sorry. Not like how it looks like in the pictures. It's basically covered in shiny plastic. It's not like leather carbon fiber in the current M3 model which is much better. You know obviously to each his own, this is one of those things that you will never have a "right" answer, but the carbon fiber trim was probably the biggest disappointment for me.
what the heck is leather carbon fiber? Do you mean matte/satin?

The CF trim pieces are clear coated, like the roof, which gives it a glossy finish...
lol hahaha
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #99
Black Flagged
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

nice pics, thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #100
Congen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers
Quote:
everyone has their own opinion, and I doubt where you are from has a ton to do with it.

im from the US, as is my GF, and we both saw the vette and m3 at the Houston auto show. neither one of us looked much at the vette, but both greatly preferred the m3.

different strokes for different folks. I also don't think the base vette performance will eclipse that of the new m3 by much, if at all.
I'm in the U.S once a year as I love the place, last year Vegas this year Florida with my kids, but I think our taste in style of cars seems different maybe in the UK we are too conservative. Wonder if any car shows are on in Florida in march/April wouldn't mind taking a break from Disney and dropping into one
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #101
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig
Quote:
Originally Posted by karbonphiber View Post
what the heck is leather carbon fiber? Do you mean matte/satin?

The CF trim pieces are clear coated, like the roof, which gives it a glossy finish...
Have you ever seen CF leather trim in the current M3? It looks like this : http://www.reveuro.com/inventory/120...W-white-35.jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.reveuro.c...ite-35.jpg</a>

In my opinion, that looks far more classy than this. This looks too much cadillac/mercedes, not the subtle, understated BMW work. It's way too flashy. Both my wife and my friend who were with me today actually thought the CF trim in the M3 was plastic. I am not joking.
Clearly none of you get out much.

I am not joking either.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #102
unintelligible
Computer Janitor
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 328i

Why the heck is BMW not putting shadow line trim on these cars? It's a $70k M3 yet it has the same matte trim around the windows, B/C pillars and side mirrors as a $30k base 320i?
      02-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #103
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Clarifications :

- Navigation screen is around 10.2" diagonally. It measures exactly as long as 2 iphones in length by 1.5 iphones in width which makes it sqrt(9.6 * 9.6 + 3.45 * 3.45) = 10.2. That being said, around the corners of the screen there is a good 0.5-1 inch large black bazel making the actual screen size a little smaller.

- The M4 had 2x wheel space M3 did. I believe this was due to shipping blocks still being in place.

This is actually really funny. . . Its the second time since Saturday that I've heard somebody directly describe something's size in "Iphones."

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #104
/// M sa
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

Quote:
I am from the good old USA and I absolutely hate the look of the c7. It will perform like a champ but it's one ugly car, it's uglier than my GTR and that is saying something. If any BMW fan boy suggests that the c7 is better looking than the M4 then they are either blind or a troll or perhaps both.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #105
hyperboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Boxster Corvette M5C

omg the black color looks so sharp on the m3!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #106
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

That black ///M3 is so sexy.....

...and the full leather treatment is a must. Must have!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #107
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
I think you're wrong about that. explain to me what other parts of the car in the e9X M extended leather are covered that are not in the new car? as I see it in the pictures, it seems that it's only the transmission tunnel sides, which is minor compared to the addition of the leather stitched dash and leather stitched door tops. not to mention what an upgrade the contrasting stitching is. please explain.
I think that the "confusion" (for lack of a better word) is one of BMW terminology: Full Leather should mean full leather as in the other BMW models -full doors, full center console, full dash, B-pillars trim.

This is an Extended Leather option at best, but renamed "Full" when it is not.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #108
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Black on light grey interior is great.

I noticed they are doing the same thing as other companies with having black carpet/ect, yet grey seats. I like that in a way.
      02-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #109
hyperboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Boxster Corvette M5C

looking at picture from my desktop again, that interior is so much improved over previous generations.
21 M5C DD|21 M550 xDrive|05 E46M3 race car 6SPD|2019 2LT Corvette GS 7SPD track car|22 Tundra SR5 TRD Sport|19 Q7 V6 & 22 Q7 2.0T|20 G63|19 Vantage 4.0TT|22 Boxster 25 Year 6SPD sold|08 Porsche Cayman 5SPD sold|18 R8 RWS sold|Many previous cars
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #110
audioslave
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 IB-FR

The leather wrapped upper dash looks awesome, but is anyone else disappointed to still see the orange peel paint texture? IMO they've had enough time to work through the application/finishing issues with the water based paints. Change the process or spend the extra time wet sanding the finish.
Appreciate 0