ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-27-2018, 03:22 PM   #89
jasnh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Atlantis Metallic

Garage List
The officers in the town I live in know and love my F80....I actually had a police officer in another town give me a thumbs up as we drove past each other earlier today
      03-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #90
DeadM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 F80

To those saying " Stop driving like a dick and you won't get pulled over" I call major BS. I was going 49-51mph in a 45MPH ZONE and a Kia was going prob around 55-58mph passing me and the cop that was hiding decided to follow me for 4 lights.. not even bothering the speeding kia. But staying behind me.

****Note this is around midnight in Efficient mode, only mod so far is Spoiler by Morph Auto Design.
Appreciate 3
      03-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #91
jasnh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Atlantis Metallic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
The point is, you shouldn’t have to do this.

To all officers I say, if the job is too dangerous or it stresses you out no end or brings out the asshat in you, then change jobs. Yolo.

Otherwise, as a police officer, you should always treat people with respect, even when they’re being dicks. And never abuse your power, ever. Just my opinion...
Sounds like something a millennial would say....”I can be a dick all I want, but a police officer has to keep his cool”
Bullshit....if you’re being a dick to a police officer, you deserve what you get (ticket, fines....arrest depending on the situation). If you want an officer, or anyone for that matter to treat you with respect then you need to treat them the same.
      03-28-2018, 08:34 AM   #92
dreventador
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, Hellrot F80 M4

Now pair that up with a bright Red color. Cop magnet *
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 01:19 AM   #93
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Bravo on a hilarious and stupid thread. When I had my M3 I got pulled over 4 times in 2 months for no other reason that I could attribute except that I was in an M3. Sold that car shortly thereafter and learned real quick there is no point in saying a goddamn thing to the officer except minimum required. Legal culpability is less that way too. Let them have their time on the side of the road and then fight their bad judgement in the court. 2 of those 4 pull overs resulted in phoney tickets and both were thrown out in court. Public safety is not the objective of traffic enforcement where I live, in my experience. Kudos to cops out there because you are needed but many of your brethren have issues.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2018, 08:51 AM   #94
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Bravo on a hilarious and stupid thread. When I had my M3 I got pulled over 4 times in 2 months for no other reason that I could attribute except that I was in an M3. Sold that car shortly thereafter and learned real quick there is no point in saying a goddamn thing to the officer except minimum required. Legal culpability is less that way too. Let them have their time on the side of the road and then fight their bad judgement in the court. 2 of those 4 pull overs resulted in phoney tickets and both were thrown out in court. Public safety is not the objective of traffic enforcement where I live, in my experience. Kudos to cops out there because you are needed but many of your brethren have issues.
The traffic judges always nicer than the cops.

I had a young co-worker way back, went to MS got rich on stock-option. Got bored then became a cop, he told me (his words): "you won't believe what I can get away with nowadays"
nough said
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #95
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreventador View Post
Now pair that up with a bright Red color. Cop magnet *
I do have a Guard Red 911 GTS. As what they said, "An Arrest Me Color" or "Ticket Magnet". I was pulled once due to no front plate. I know it is illegal and I deserve it. I already paid the fine twice in a span of 2 years (ticketed my Meter Maid). This time the cop just gave me a verbal warning. After he let me go, he said, I like your car. I deserved my sole speeding ticket, which I am not proud of. It was in a normal black C300.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 07:59 PM   #96
AllForTheCash
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Bravo on a hilarious and stupid thread. Kudos to cops out there because you are needed but many of your brethren have issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC-M3-F80 View Post
To those saying " Stop driving like a dick and you won't get pulled over" I call major BS.

+1. .

2015 911 Carrera 4S 7MT
2018 911 GT3 6MT
2019 BMW M5 Comp
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #97
Rockshaker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, MG 318i 1997

I was at a traffic light waiting for the light to change. A cop that was at the intersection behind me approached in the lane next to mine, but once he saw my car he quickly changed lanes without signaling. The light went green and I left him there playing with his radio. I must of struck a nerve because he sped up to catch up with me. Since I was only going the speed limit he must of felt intimidated because he was behind me. He changed lanes again, no signal and sped by me. As he entered the next intersection, he almost got T-boned by a Red light runner. Who's at fault then; the speeding cop or the Red light runner?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 10:25 PM   #98
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Cops never speed, that' why they never get tickets
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 10:46 PM   #99
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshaker View Post
I was at a traffic light waiting for the light to change. A cop that was at the intersection behind me approached in the lane next to mine, but once he saw my car he quickly changed lanes without signaling. The light went green and I left him there playing with his radio. I must of struck a nerve because he sped up to catch up with me. Since I was only going the speed limit he must of felt intimidated because he was behind me. He changed lanes again, no signal and sped by me. As he entered the next intersection, he almost got T-boned by a Red light runner. Who's at fault then; the speeding cop or the Red light runner?
Red light runner?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #100
AJJ3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

I got pulled over this weekend and given a repair order because my tint was to dark. I saw the cop parked on a side street and as soon as I got to the light the cop pulled out and got behind me and turned on their lights. I wasn't speed or doing anything illegal. Even if I had legal tints it was still 830pm at night, you still wouldn't be able to see in my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #101
G-AZ-M4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp Pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_DRlVER View Post
I’ve been commuting in my M3 for 3 years now in northern NJ. I See at least 6 cops every morning and every night during my 30 mile commute. Lowered, carbon front lip, spoiler, diffuser, etc. never been pulled over. Want my opinion? Stop driving like a douche. I’m a cop, and I would also pull you over. Yellow(amber) doesn’t mean go 45mph while making a left turn through the intersection. It means slow down and use caution.
Ex-LEO here. I see a lot of cops in my travels. Occasionally, I do something stupid around one and get to meet one in person. On the occasions when I am not stupid, I do not.
Uniden R3 beeping / 70s rock competing with perfect exhaust note
Wheels & Moonroof I like and you don't have to
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #102
Shoof
Inspector Gadget
United_States
Rep
Drives: Street Legal Racecar

Was coming home a few weeks back on a Saturday night. It was a somewhat long drive to PA and back that night. Cops everywhere. Was careful, no problems. I get off the exit to my house, turn onto the road I live on, There was a cop on the light I just crossed, and another one at the next light/corner. I start moving as the light changes, and get to the next corner, which was a red light. Next thing you know, lights behind me. I drive the next block down, and turn into the avenue, now about 100 footsteps from my front door. I pretty much got profiled because nice car at 1:30am. He was looking for anything to ticket me for (license is clean/clear), wouldn't tell me why he pulled me over until AFTER looking at my license/reg and asking me 20 questions...gave me a ticket for window tint (35%). The last time I got a ticket for tint was 10+years ago. It was a BS ticket, and cost me close to $200 for the two tickets they gave me, but it is what it is.
      04-04-2018, 07:13 AM   #103
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Garage List
2 days after getting my 18 with car in sport plus I was pulled over for excessive nose while doing the speed limit... My car is orange though.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 07:40 AM   #104
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
It comes down to wrong place wrong time or being wrong/dick .
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #105
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

I want to instinctively agree with OP, however, my wife and I drive her F80 in Texas (for more than three months now) without plates (only have an EAS dummy plate) in her bright ass Yas marina blue M3 and haven't gotten pulled over or harassed once (which is also surprising given that I'm brown). And we have had at least 10 cops ride our ass in traffic or on the highway for a bit. I guess we just aren't stupid and don't speed etc when a cop is around.

**knocks on wood**
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 09:20 AM   #106
JayZap16
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, Merc GLE 63s, F90 M5

Haven't gotten pulled over yet in my F82 (knock on wood). However, since I did valve mod and remus mid pipes, I do tend to pucker by lower lips when I accelerate by a cop, Lol, accelerate slower then a grandma.

Side story, this winter I was in my 14 C class 4 matic with winter tires, beast of a snow machine. Cop pulled me over because I was going 50 mph on the highway in a snow storm and he thought it was reckless. Psssssh Winter tires and all wheel drive in 2 in of snow is nothing at 50 mph. The cop (State Trooper) was pissed lol, but I handed him my CPL and Military ID (in the reserves) and he seemed to calm down. Then lectured me on how I should know better. I agreed, and told him I am loser f%$k up, jk, agreed with him and he let me carry on with my day.

Everyone has opinions on Law Enforcement as a result of experiences or lack of experiences. In my opinion I respect the law and when its a BS situation that I am not at fault, our law system allows for appeals of such discrepancies.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #107
gunsmoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZap16 View Post
Haven't gotten pulled over yet in my F82 (knock on wood). However, since I did valve mod and remus mid pipes, I do tend to pucker by lower lips when I accelerate by a cop, Lol, accelerate slower then a grandma.

Side story, this winter I was in my 14 C class 4 matic with winter tires, beast of a snow machine. Cop pulled me over because I was going 50 mph on the highway in a snow storm and he thought it was reckless. Psssssh Winter tires and all wheel drive in 2 in of snow is nothing at 50 mph. The cop (State Trooper) was pissed lol, but I handed him my CPL and Military ID (in the reserves) and he seemed to calm down. Then lectured me on how I should know better. I agreed, and told him I am loser f%$k up, jk, agreed with him and he let me carry on with my day.

Everyone has opinions on Law Enforcement as a result of experiences or lack of experiences. In my opinion I respect the law and when its a BS situation that I am not at fault, our law system allows for appeals of such discrepancies.
While I admit I have done stupid things in the winter when I had a quattro, I wouldn't argue that snow did not matter. Stopping and cornering sucked. There was this article where they tested sumner, A/S, and winter tires on snow and the A/S tires pulled 0.34g in a corner while the winter tires pulled a "whopping" 0.36g. So watch out. The summer tires could not get to that corner!

Last edited by gunsmoker; 04-07-2018 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #108
Kooch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC-F80-M3 View Post
To those saying " Stop driving like a dick and you won't get pulled over" I call major BS. I was going 49-51mph in a 45MPH ZONE and a Kia was going prob around 55-58mph passing me and the cop that was hiding decided to follow me for 4 lights.. not even bothering the speeding kia. But staying behind me.

****Note this is around midnight in Efficient mode, only mod so far is Spoiler by Morph Auto Design.
This. I was driving to new London from Boston last October and pulled off 95 on a small exit in RI for gas - one of those where the gas station isn't right there, but a mile or so down the road. So I'm rolling through this small town and pass a nameless gas station. I continue on looking for something more mainstream and end up on the outskirts of town a couple miles later. On the way a cop is pulling out on the right. He waits for me to pass and then falls in behind and follows me closely for the next couple miles. On the way the speed limit drops form 35 to 25 (this is their revenue stream evidently) so I behave accordingly. Once I hit the out side of town and realize there are no other stations nearby I pull into a side street and turn around - well so does the cop...it was at that point I realize he really is following me and not just traveling the same direction. I'm thinking if you want to pull me over then do so, but no need to screw around. He then proceeds to follow me all the way back to the nameless station. I need fuel so am committed to stopping there - not sure if I'm going to have to interact with said cop or not. Finally I pull off to fill up and only then does he continue on. Frankly I was a little pissed at the whole experience - wonder if he harasses everyone with a nice car that come through.
Appreciate 3
      04-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #109
Spike Spiegel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Imprezza, '19 Audi RS 3
Location: Currently dragging myself toward my masters degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooch View Post
. Once I hit the out side of town and realize there are no other stations nearby I pull into a side street and turn around - well so does the cop...it was at that point I realize he really is following me and not just traveling the same direction. I'm thinking if you want to pull me over then do so, but no need to screw around. He then proceeds to follow me all the way back to the nameless station. I need fuel so am committed to stopping there - not sure if I'm going to have to interact with said cop or not. Finally I pull off to fill up and only then does he continue on. Frankly I was a little pissed at the whole experience - wonder if he harasses everyone with a nice car that come through.

I'd be annoyed with that too. Just pull me over instead of doing all that.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #110
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

The last time I got pulled over was in my old track car....modified Subaru STI. I accelerated a little too quick and a state trooper going the opposite direction flips around and pulls me over. He walks up to the car and asks why I thought he pulled me over. I say "speed?". He says "no, I just bought one of these and wanted to ask you a couple questions if you don't mind?". He ended up joining our car group and came to our meet that night. Cops are people too!
Appreciate 1
SDPLV493.00