proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

07-31-2023, 07:29 PM   #23
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
so a gentle hint from our intrepid mods reminds me that I’d forgotten about this thread and the promised followup, so here it is:
first chip repair back in 2018 was done with Dr ColorChip followed by PPF to most of the car. original three chips were rendered invisible by Dr ColorChip, so perfect result.
second repair to a more substantial lower quarter panel stone chip also completed with Dr ColorChip and perfect again.
third repair last year to the hood (bonnet to some) from a glancing strike that got through the PPF. R&R the PPF, repair with Dr ColorChip and perfect again.
so I take it all back, no need at all for BMWNA to bother stocking this stuff, Dr ColorChip has it covered.
regarding the PPF: it’s noteworthy that the new Xpel on the hood matches exactly the five y/o Xpel on both fenders.
R
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 08:14 PM   #24
Rokoz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f80 M3

Another Dr. Colorchip vote.. just used it the other day. It's a great product