Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Lightbulb Got a chance to see Mineral White m3 and AY M4 in person!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
TGIF, went out with a buddy for lunch and decided to drop by to finally see these cars in person. First let me say you can look at pictures all day on the internet but seeing them in person, the lines on both of these cars are simply amazing.

I don't consider myself a BMW fanboi or Lexus or even Audi loyalist. I love all 3 brands when the right car appears. With that said I'm pretty neutral with cars, either I like it or I don't

I have to say both of these cars in person tells me it's a great era for BMW owners I first walked in and saw the AY M4. In photos I absolutely hated the M4 lines but in person I can see it really looks way better. The AY is so different from the e46 m3 Phoenix Gold color. It's a bit more deeper in color and has more yellow in the mixture. The CF roof really sets off the color and I think without it (aka sunroof guys) it would not look as good. The wheel arches, black wheels and blue brakes all pull the car together nicely. There is so many angles and lines that looking at this car reminds me of my buddies F-car 458. The headlights are shapely and the entire shape flows nicely into the rear bumper. I can honestly say there isn't a single bad angle for the M4. The black interior is luxurious but not overly done. Seating positing and electronics are all top notch and 1 step above the older e90. I can't say it's as good as the Audi RS5 interior but it's definitely not bad. I'm glad BMW toned it down with the m-badge, I only saw a few strategic ones, not overdone which is a big relief for once!

So then we moved to their other showroom and there was a MW m3 sitting there. It had the Exec package, LED lighting, DCT and a few other options like driver assist. My last m3 was AW and the Mineral has so much more depth. Under the dealership lights, this color is probably the most stunning color for the F80 m3. It's classy yet sedate and elegant all at the same time. The black trim around the side mirrors, the CF roof, and front bumper all work well on this car. Nothing is overdone, it speaks aggressive without the boy racer attitude. I think the aftermarket has it's work cut out because this car is amazing in stock form. Maybe a slight drop and different wheels + an exhaust but that's about it!

Sitting in this car, the first thing I noticed were the 1-piece seats with integrated headrests. The lit m3 seat logos were cool but it's no deal breaker either way since you don't really see it. Rear seats are well upholstered and I think you can fit two baby seats side by side with just enough width. There is no funny hump in the back so that helps with leg room. I'm pretty tall so whenever I drive, the person behind me has little leg room so the rear seat back with cutouts for passenger knees is very important. I know it's not an option from factory but I think if you get a body shop to paint those body color or even CF would look sick! Steering wheel is just the right thickness, all leather is cool but I was hoping for some suede or CF in there. The gauges light up beautifully and the small CF trim accents is again just right.

I'm in love with the F80 m3 sedan for sure, just not sure I want a first year model so will probably wait a bit to see what changes trickle out. But to be honest this car is the perfect family sedan for occasional track days. I'm so glad I did not pick up the F10 m5 as the two cars really look dramatically different. Given the 30k premium for the m5, no thanks I'll take the m3 anyday!

My plan is to test drive the car this weekend if time permits since I got a full schedule but the dealer was very nice and helpful. I'll try to get some pictures of the m3 out in the sun next to my suzuka grey Audi so you can see the color differences. I'm still on the fence about exterior color, as much as I love the mineral white, we already have way too many white cars so seriously considering the AY at this moment

P.S. This leader has my kudos since they were selling the car at MSRP, not trying to add a "market adjustment"!

Now onto the pictures....

Sexy butt:

Carbon Roof

LED headlights are a MUST have:
15 Ferrari 458 Spider

Last edited by s4play; 06-20-2014 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: added pics
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #2
D3rStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post
TGIF, went out with a buddy for lunch and decided to drop by to finally see these cars in person. First let me say you can look at pictures all day on the internet but seeing them in person, the lines on both of these cars are simply amazing.

I don't consider myself a BMW fanboi or Lexus or even Audi loyalist. I love all 3 brands when the right car appears.

With that said I have to say both of these cars in person tells me it's a great era for BMW I first walked in and saw the AY M4. In photos I absolutely hated the M4 lines but in person I can see it really looks way better. The AY is so different from the e46 m3 Phoenix Gold color. It's a bit more deeper in color and has more yellow in the mixture. The CF roof really sets off the color and I think without it (aka sunroof guys) it would not look as good. The wheel arches, black wheels and blue brakes all pull the car together nicely. There is so many angles and lines that looking at this car reminds me of my buddies F-car 458. The headlights are shapely and the entire shape flows nicely into the rear bumper. I can honestly say there isn't a single bad angle for the M4. The black interior is luxurious but not overly done. Seating positing and electronics are all top notch and 1 step above the older e90. I can't say it's as good as the Audi RS5 interior but it's definitely not bad.

So then we moved to their other showroom and there was a MW m3 sitting there. It had the Exec package, LED lighting, DCT and a few other options like driver assist. My last m3 was AW and the Mineral has so much more depth. Under the dealership lights, this color is probably the most stunning color for the F80 m3. It's classy yet sedate and elegant all at the same time.

Sitting in this car, the first thing I noticed were the 1-piece seats with integrated headrests. The lit m3 seat logos were cool but it's no deal breaker either way since you don't really see it. Rear seats are well upholstered and I think you can fit two baby seats side by side with just enough width. There is no funny hump in the back so that helps with leg room. I'm pretty tall so whenever I drive, the person behind me has little leg room so the rear seat back with cutouts for passenger knees is very important. I know it's not an option from factory but I think if you get a body shop to paint those body color or even CF would look sick!

I'm in love with the F80 m3 sedan for sure, just not sure I want a first year model so will probably wait a bit to see what comes out. But to be honest this car is the perfect family sedan for occasional track days. I'm so glad I did not pick up the F10 m5 as the two cars really look dramatically different. Given the 30k premium for the m5, no thanks I'll take the m3 anyway!

My plan is to test drive the car this weekend if time permits since I got a full weekend but dealer was very nice and helpful. I'll try to get some pictures of the m3 out in the sun next to my suzuka grey Audi so you can see the color differences. I'm still on the fence about exterior color, as much as I love the mineral white, we already have way too many white cars so seriously considering the AY at this moment

You are probably smart enough to add 2 and 2 together, but just in case you didn't, you do know that the M3, with the current pricing and lease programs, is more expensive than the M5 right?

You can get a 120k M5 for about same monthly payment as a 80k M3. And you do get a lot, I mean A LOT more features, more bang for your buck, with M5 than you do with the M3. I don't have to list them here.

I drove 2 M4s back to back this week at different dealerships, and I own an M5, and my view is the new cars are much louder (not saying they sound good, just louder) inside the cabin (but very quiet outside), they are quick, but definitely not no where near as fast as the M5/M6. I also did not like the overall engine characteristics of the M4 where going pass 5500 rpm felt like the car was tired and felt like it was running out of juice. This was very surprising to me because M4 makes peak power at 5500-7300 rpm. Also I did a few 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear long pulls, it had the typical previous M3 characteristics of lack of horsepower.

Lastly, my other feedback regarding traction and handling is, because the car is very lightweight, it sort of feels like the torque in rear wheels on 1st and 2nd is a bit more than what the car can handle. For example, in my M5, past 3000 rpm, I can apply the throttle pretty much at max and all the way to 2nd and 3rd at max WOT rpm, and the traction control never lights up, the rear doesn't go zig zag. With M4, I have done the same several times, and the car had difficulty. I had to have both of my hands on the steering wheel at all times and the traction control kept lighting up. That being said, I wasn't going that fast at all. So my view is, too much torque for the chassis (at least in RWD form, maybe that's the problem) and not enough horse power for high speed pulls.

Looking at stats, the M5 CP does lap hockhenheim ring at the same time as the M4, which may explain the horsepower phenomena.

However, I'll admit that M3/M4 is easy to have fun with. To be able to have fun in my M5, I have to drive at dangerously high speeds. The car is like a rocket ship, it goes so fast, so quickly. With M3, they have done such a great job with the active sound, you can shift at 2000-3000 rpm and still feel like you are going fast in a loud race car and have that enjoyment. It feels more raw, more fun.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like both cars look great at all angles.

The M4 sure seems bloated (and even boxy up front) in pics. I'm favoring the M3 from what I can tell so far, and I have always preferred coupes.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #4
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3rStig View Post
You are probably smart enough to add 2 and 2 together, but just in case you didn't, you do know that the M3, with the current pricing and lease programs, is more expensive than the M5 right?

You can get a 120k M5 for about same monthly payment as a 80k M3. And you do get a lot, I mean A LOT more features, more bang for your buck, with M5 than you do with the M3. I don't have to list them here.

I drove 2 M4s back to back this week at different dealerships, and I own an M5, and my view is the new cars are much louder (not saying they sound good, just louder) inside the cabin (but very quiet outside), they are quick, but definitely not no where near as fast as the M5/M6. I also did not like the overall engine characteristics of the M4 where going pass 5500 rpm felt like the car was tired and felt like it was running out of juice. This was very surprising to me because M4 makes peak power at 5500-7300 rpm. Also I did a few 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear long pulls, it had the typical previous M3 characteristics of lack of horsepower.

Lastly, my other feedback regarding traction and handling is, because the car is very lightweight, it sort of feels like the torque in rear wheels on 1st and 2nd is a bit more than what the car can handle. For example, in my M5, past 3000 rpm, I can apply the throttle pretty much at max and all the way to 2nd and 3rd at max WOT rpm, and the traction control never lights up, the rear doesn't go zig zag. With M4, I have done the same several times, and the car had difficulty. I had to have both of my hands on the steering wheel at all times and the traction control kept lighting up. That being said, I wasn't going that fast at all. So my view is, too much torque for the chassis (at least in RWD form, maybe that's the problem) and not enough horse power for high speed pulls.

Looking at stats, the M5 CP does lap hockhenheim ring at the same time as the M4, which may explain the horsepower phenomena.

Well...that does it. You have totally changed my mind. The new M4 is vastly inferior to the M5.

Thanks for preventing me from making a huge mistake.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post

I don't consider myself a BMW fanboi or Lexus or even Audi loyalist. I love all 3 brands when the right car appears. With that said I'm pretty neutral with cars, either I like it or I don't

I have to say both of these cars in person tells me it's a great era for BMW owners I first walked in and saw the AY M4. In photos I absolutely hated the M4 lines but in person I can see it really looks way better. The AY is so different from the e46 m3 Phoenix Gold color. It's a bit more deeper in color and has more yellow in the mixture. The CF roof really sets off the color and I think without it (aka sunroof guys) it would not look as good. The wheel arches, black wheels and blue brakes all pull the car together nicely. There is so many angles and lines that looking at this car reminds me of my buddies F-car 458. The headlights are shapely and the entire shape flows nicely into the rear bumper. I can honestly say there isn't a single bad angle for the M4. The black interior is luxurious but not overly done. Seating positing and electronics are all top notch and 1 step above the older e90. I can't say it's as good as the Audi RS5 interior but it's definitely not bad. I'm glad BMW toned it down with the m-badge, I only saw a few strategic ones, not overdone which is a big relief for once!

So then we moved to their other showroom and there was a MW m3 sitting there. It had the Exec package, LED lighting, DCT and a few other options like driver assist. My last m3 was AW and the Mineral has so much more depth. Under the dealership lights, this color is probably the most stunning color for the F80 m3. It's classy yet sedate and elegant all at the same time. The black trim around the side mirrors, the CF roof, and front bumper all work well on this car. Nothing is overdone, it speaks aggressive without the boy racer attitude. I think the aftermarket has it's work cut out because this car is amazing in stock form. Maybe a slight drop and different wheels + an exhaust but that's about it!

Sitting in this car, the first thing I noticed were the 1-piece seats with integrated headrests. The lit m3 seat logos were cool but it's no deal breaker either way since you don't really see it. Rear seats are well upholstered and I think you can fit two baby seats side by side with just enough width. There is no funny hump in the back so that helps with leg room. I'm pretty tall so whenever I drive, the person behind me has little leg room so the rear seat back with cutouts for passenger knees is very important. I know it's not an option from factory but I think if you get a body shop to paint those body color or even CF would look sick! Steering wheel is just the right thickness, all leather is cool but I was hoping for some suede or CF in there. The gauges light up beautifully and the small CF trim accents is again just right.

I'm in love with the F80 m3 sedan for sure, just not sure I want a first year model so will probably wait a bit to see what changes trickle out. But to be honest this car is the perfect family sedan for occasional track days. I'm so glad I did not pick up the F10 m5 as the two cars really look dramatically different. Given the 30k premium for the m5, no thanks I'll take the m3 anyday!

My plan is to test drive the car this weekend if time permits since I got a full schedule but the dealer was very nice and helpful. I'll try to get some pictures of the m3 out in the sun next to my suzuka grey Audi so you can see the color differences. I'm still on the fence about exterior color, as much as I love the mineral white, we already have way too many white cars so seriously considering the AY at this moment

P.S. This leader has my kudos since they were selling the car at MSRP, not trying to add a "market adjustment"!

Sexy butt:

Carbon Roof

LED headlights are a MUST have:
East Bay BMW, right? Saw them both on Tuesday. Very nice indeed.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:

However, I'll admit that M3/M4 is easy to have fun with. To be able to have fun in my M5, I have to drive at dangerously high speeds. The car is like a rocket ship, it goes so fast, so quickly. With M3, they have done such a great job with the active sound, you can shift at 2000-3000 rpm and still feel like you are going fast in a loud race car and have that enjoyment. It feels more raw, more fun.
You do make a valid case for the M5.....one that I cannot even attempt to dispute, BUT.......the M3/M4 is more fun to drive, more nimble and more fitting for an MT (..the latter being a deal breaker for me, along with the fact that I want a coupe), so the pendulum swings in favor of the M4.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
tomwac
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 545i/520d/320d/S1000R/E24

Quote:

You can get a 120k M5 for about same monthly payment as a 80k M3.
How is that even possible?? Here, I would pay about 600-700€/month more for an M5...
In case the monthly lease would be the same for both cars, I think I would really have a hard time deciding...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
D3rStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-TownM3 View Post
Well...that does it. You have totally changed my mind. The new M4 is vastly inferior to the M5.

I am not saying the new M4 is a bad car. It's a great car. It's just not on par with the M5 in terms of sheer power, acceleration, and speed. And to be perfectly honest with you, no M3 ever was right? BMW was always very careful positioning the M3 right where it should be.

I have over 2000 miles on my M5 and even as of now, I have to be extremely careful driving this car. It has so much power. It stops oxygen from flowing into my brain when go full power 1-2-3 to 110-120 mph. Doing the same on the M3, I didn't feel that way. Sorry, it may upset people, but it's how it is.

Coming from an M5, M3 sounds very loud. In fact, I'll be honest with you, it's too loud. In an M3 for example, with kids in the back and a wife, I don't see myself taking a 2 hour long trip on this car. Once you go past 4000 rpm, the sound module goes into some crazy mode and you feel like you are driving one of those nascar race cars! Great! and don't get me wrong that's what you want from a track car. I just wouldn't replace my M5 with it, I'd get an M4 to complement it.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #9
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Why the hell would you be above 4k RPM on a road trip?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
D3rStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwac View Post
How is that even possible?? Here, I would pay about 600-700€/month more for an M5...
In case the monthly lease would be the same for both cars, I think I would really have a hard time deciding...
In the US, the lease program and the pricing for M5 is very aggressive. First off, the difference between MSRP and invoice is quite huge giving you a big room to negotiate. In the M3, in order to keep the price competitive, BMW left very little room (it's around 4k between MSRP and invoice vs 13-14k in the M5 depending on options). In addition, you get multiple cash incentive and the lease program is very good for the M5. In contrast, all of these aspects are terrible in the M3. You pay MSRP or above, no cash incentive, bad lease program. I have done the math many times and many prospective M3 owners went the M5 route too.

That being said, same thing happened 6 years ago. When the M3 launched, you could get into a good M5 lease for the same monthly payment. In 3 years when my lease is up will the perfect time to get into a ZCP LCI M3 lease. By then M3 will be below invoice, great lease program, LCI already happened, and they will have ZCP released.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #11
D3rStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Why the hell would you be above 4k RPM on a road trip?
Uh? Passing cars? Do you drive at 7th gear and 2000 rpm for 4 hours?

Also, even at 2000 rpm, car is very loud. I'd even say that it's louder than the previous M3 by a large margin. I think BMW was very afraid of the way this car sounded and went very aggressive with the active sound design. I am not saying it's bad, just will take some time to get used to it.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #12
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
It has so much power. It stops oxygen from flowing into my brain when go full power 1-2-3 to 110-120 mph.
You must have done that a few too many times to someone excitingly writing about their new M3 on an M3/4 forum so that you can boast why you think your M5 is better.
      06-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #13
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Here we go again. Joined today, posts furiously on the M3 board when he says he has an M5, knows everything about everything. I smell bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #14
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
I am not saying the new M4 is a bad car. It's a great car. It's just not on par with the M5 in terms of sheer power, acceleration, and speed. And to be perfectly honest with you, no M3 ever was right? BMW was always very careful positioning the M3 right where it should be.

I have over 2000 miles on my M5 and even as of now, I have to be extremely careful driving this car. It has so much power. It stops oxygen from flowing into my brain when go full power 1-2-3 to 110-120 mph. Doing the same on the M3, I didn't feel that way. Sorry, it may upset people, but it's how it is.

Coming from an M5, M3 sounds very loud. In fact, I'll be honest with you, it's too loud. In an M3 for example, with kids in the back and a wife, I don't see myself taking a 2 hour long trip on this car. Once you go past 4000 rpm, the sound module goes into some crazy mode and you feel like you are driving one of those nascar race cars! Great! and don't get me wrong that's what you want from a track car. I just wouldn't replace my M5 with it, I'd get an M4 to complement it.
i'm pretty sure the M3/4 have better acceleration than M5 down low. obviously the extra power of the M5 give it an edge up top.

i'd take the M3 over the M5 any day though.

oh, and why are you calling it your M5? you lease it therefore you don't own it. its not yours.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #15
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Why are the M5 people so insecure? Oy. Especially the ones that lease.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #16
D3rStig
Banned
Rep

What's with all the immature posts on this forum and all the hostility? Have I said anything wrong?

Something is seriously messed up with the M3 forums. I just stated my opinion.

And what does leasing a car have to do with insecurity? Are we going to compare who makes more money next or whose father is stronger? You want to have a fist fight too?

You guys are bunch of kids seriously.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #17
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
What's with all the immature posts on this forum and all the hostility? Have I said anything wrong?

Something is seriously messed up with the M3 forums. I just stated my opinion.

And what does leasing a car have to do with insecurity? Are we going to compare who makes more money next or whose father is stronger? You want to have a fist fight too?

You guys are bunch of kids seriously.
Troll 101. When called out, immediately go defensive about "just stating my opinion". There's a separate subforum for "M3 vs". Go there, vent away.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #18
D3rStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
Troll 101. When called out, immediately go defensive about "just stating my opinion". There's a separate subforum for "M3 vs". Go there, vent away.
I'm not going to fuel the fire

OP started with comparing the car to the M5 and I responded. If anyone needs to go to the VS forum, it was him

Don't let the door hit you on your way out. Door is right there ====>
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #19
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M / 991 Turbo S / Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3rStig
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-TownM3 View Post

I traded in my f10 m5 last year for a 991 c4s. M5 was too quite. Very fast ( faster than 911) but has no passion and is too heavy in handling. I am keeping my 911 this time and will add the m3 as daily drive.
      06-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #20
D3rStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan View Post
I traded in my f10 m5 last year for a 991 c4s. M5 was too quite. Very fast ( faster than 911) but has no passion and is too heavy in handling. I am keeping my 911 this time and will add the m3 as daily drive.
I have a CP and have the exhaust flaps wired open. My car is loud enough but it only comes alive past 4000 rpm and at that point there is very little room for enjoyment. It builds revs so quickly and reaches extremely high speeds. At which point it doesn't become fun anymore.

I agree that a slower car that has a bit more cabin noise and a louder engine is a more fun car. But M5 does so many other things so good, I mean it's hard to pass it as a perfect sedan. It's a joy to drive every time. The B&O is enough.

It was 100 degrees last week and I was at the beach sweating like a big. I get in the car and turn on the ventilated seats and oh boy I was like HELL YEAH!

Anyways, but I agree, smaller and nimbler cars are more fun
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #21
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
I'm not going to fuel the fire

OP started with comparing the car to the M5 and I responded. If anyone needs to go to the VS forum, it was him

Don't let the door hit you on your way out. Door is right there ====>
You would probably get a warmer reception on your own forum. In case you missed the banner on the way in but this is an M3/4 forum - so not the best place to brag about your car. So happy trails to you and here's some reading material for your trip back (what an M6 owner thinks about the the M4):

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1000158
      06-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #22
D3rStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TW View Post
You would probably get a warmer reception on your own forum. In case you missed the banner on the way in but this is an M3/4 forum - so not the best place to brag about your car. So happy trails to you and here's some reading material for your trip back (what an M6 owner thinks about the the M4):

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1000158
I am in the market for the M4, so I don't see your point. I didn't test drive the cars for fun or just to put M4 owners down. I was initially deciding on whether or not I should replace my M5 with an M3 and found out that would be a very dumb thing to do with the current prices and how the M3 compares. M4 as a second car is not such a bad idea

And that guy's review does not sound believable. Just the fact that he is saying the M4 is faster makes him less credible. He is obviously happy about his new car and good for him, but I'd take what he says very subjectively. I now read multiple reviews comparing these two cars, and in terms of sheer power and acceleration, they don't even compare.

The problem is, you guys keep comparing this car to the M5 and get upset when people discuss the truth. There is a 145 hp between two cars and over 100 torque. M5 is faster off the line, to 100, 200, 60-130, I mean as long as there are no corners, it's going to eat the M3. So stop comparing it in that aspect. M3s were never meant to beat M5s in any generation. By constantly comparing them in this aspect, you are allowing these flamewars to continue.

M3 is a smaller, nimbler, louder, more fun car to drive. It is not as fast (straight line), does not push you back to your seat as much (straight line), is not as luxurious. I don't see how anyone can disagree with this statement.
Appreciate 0