EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #89
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
Would it be possible to mix up “A” and “B” (the threaded sleeves) and install them on the wrong sides? Or will it just not work the incorrect way? I’m asking because I had a shop do this and just want to double check that it was done correctly.

Are "Left" and "Right" indicated on these sleeves? If so maybe i can confirm myself.

Thanks
Yes, each sleeve clearly has 'left' or 'right' imprinted on them, as well as the part #. Also, if the shop mixed up l/r, they would have had a tough(er) time getting the endlinks back on. The mounting points on the sleeve for the endlinks are tapered.

Also if youre going to doublecheck the shop... might as well in the rear and make sure they put the helper spring (smaller spring) on the top and not the other way around. This too is a common error. (post fixed)

Last edited by 9M71; 07-16-2020 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #90
Rahul718
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Comp 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
Yes, each sleeve clearly has 'left' or 'right' imprinted on them, as well as the part #. Also, if the shop mixed up l/r, they would have had a tough(er) time getting the endlinks back on. The mounting points on the sleeve for the endlinks are tapered.

Also if youre going to doublecheck the shop... might as well in the rear and make sure they put the helper spring (smaller spring) on the bottom and not the other way around. This too is a common error.
Hmm... are you sure about the rear helpers?

I posted that question yesterday and it looks like the helpers go on top

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2472

Also, from all the pictures I saw on the big MP HAS thread, they all showed the rear helpers to be on the top...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 08:58 AM   #91
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
Hmm... are you sure about the rear helpers?

I posted that question yesterday and it looks like the helpers go on top

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2472

Also, from all the pictures I saw on the big MP HAS thread, they all showed the rear helpers to be on the top...
You are correct. helpers on top. still havent had my coffee.
Appreciate 1
Rahul718144.00
      07-28-2020, 12:01 PM   #92
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

How do you reload the suspension before torquing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
I ordered my MPHAS kit from BMWPartsPro and received them yesterday, started my install last night around 10 PM when the kids and wife were in bed. Took my time, torqued every nut and bolt to factory torque settings while watching Office Space and Interstellar Finished her up around 2 AM.

*Another suggestion for the rear, I wouldn't mess with the alignment bolt. Just undo the 18mm bolt through the damper and the large 21mm bolt at the end of the control arm. The whole arm swings down all the way smoothly with no effort and you can pull the damper and springs out super easy. Also, make sure to preload your rear suspension before tightening everything down, the last thing you want to do is put extra stress on the bushings.

I just kinda guessed my height settings and it came out perfect for my first try. I can still go lower as I have about 1/2" of thread in the front and 1/4" in the rear.

The ride is phenomenal! It's firm but not jarring, it absorbs imperfections on the road with a solid refined feeling, just how I imagine an OE+ performance product should be. No noises, no weird behaviors. I can't believe I spent 2 years dicking around with different spring setups when I should have gone with MPHAS from the beginning. 10/10 product.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #93
gonelaxin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
How do you reload the suspension before torquing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
I ordered my MPHAS kit from BMWPartsPro and received them yesterday, started my install last night around 10 PM when the kids and wife were in bed. Took my time, torqued every nut and bolt to factory torque settings while watching Office Space and Interstellar Finished her up around 2 AM.

*Another suggestion for the rear, I wouldn't mess with the alignment bolt. Just undo the 18mm bolt through the damper and the large 21mm bolt at the end of the control arm. The whole arm swings down all the way smoothly with no effort and you can pull the damper and springs out super easy. Also, make sure to preload your rear suspension before tightening everything down, the last thing you want to do is put extra stress on the bushings.

I just kinda guessed my height settings and it came out perfect for my first try. I can still go lower as I have about 1/2" of thread in the front and 1/4" in the rear.

The ride is phenomenal! It's firm but not jarring, it absorbs imperfections on the road with a solid refined feeling, just how I imagine an OE+ performance product should be. No noises, no weird behaviors. I can't believe I spent 2 years dicking around with different spring setups when I should have gone with MPHAS from the beginning. 10/10 product.
Has anyone tried this kit on an F83 zcp?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 07:23 AM   #94
juniordag
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Could anybody tell me if this stock shocks dimensions are good (53'7 mm)? Or my stock shock is different from others?

Thanks you very much
Appreciate 0