Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

01-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #45
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
Haha, every lookout along the route seemed to be a burnout/donut site. Unfortunately hadn't yet reached 1200 miles by this time, so didn't light up the rear end!!
Wow. That's some serious willpower.
Great photos, fantastic car!
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #46
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Nice job, beautiful car!

I did the PCD and M class in August, LOVED IT. I am thinking about my second Euro Delivery, I think M6 Gran Coupe next.

Beautiful pics BTW
      01-21-2015, 09:46 PM   #47
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Hey thanks for sharing. Seems like you had a great time.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your ethnicity? Only reason I ask is to try to understand why you were pulled over/detained/profiled so much in Germany. The only other reason I can think of is because of the color of your new M3. When I did ED a couple of years ago, I had no problem with law enforcement whatsoever. I was never pulled over in over 2,000 miles of driving in 5 countries. Then again my M5 was Black Sapphire Metallic. I myself am Puerto Rican, but like I said I never had an issue. Another friend of mine doing ED in his Sakhir Orange M5 at the same exact time as me got pulled over almost every day he was on ED. He said a lot of the police were wanting to make sure that the car was not stolen. Or maybe things have just changed a lot since I was last there a couple of years ago. What with these incidents in Paris and Belgium lately, I can understand if the law enforcement is a little on edge.

Anyways, I'm glad you at least didn't have any car troubles throughout the entire adventure. Nice pix too!

Appreciate 1
      01-21-2015, 11:36 PM   #48
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Congrats on the whole experience... Next time if ever, I also want to do the PCD, at least for my wife to experience ...

Love your f80!

Awesome picture, especially the rolling ones in the woods...

How? Did you have a friend photographer tag along ?

Do you have more pictures?
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2015, 11:38 PM   #49
///M Dream
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Brought up so many memories of my ED over summer. Glad you had a great trip. Enjoy the car in good health
      01-22-2015, 02:25 AM   #50
mvallido
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M235i Estoril Blue

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing.
2004 C240
97 E39 VF5 Supercharged
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2015, 05:43 AM   #51
jamiey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Man I wish this was an option here in the UK, what an amazing experience.

Though, probl wouldn't be available on something as prosaic as the F11 530d I have on order...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 08:44 AM   #52
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
CONGRATS! AWESOME pics!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
Wow. That's some serious willpower.
Great photos, fantastic car!
Thanks!!

haha, willpower to not light up the rear end?? I'm two-minds about wearing out the Michelins... prefer to do it on the track than waste away on some 11's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Nice job, beautiful car!

I did the PCD and M class in August, LOVED IT. I am thinking about my second Euro Delivery, I think M6 Gran Coupe next.

Beautiful pics BTW
Thanks!! M6GC is a beast! It's fulfilling to have at least experienced the car in its own backyard; one of the many benefits of ED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Hey thanks for sharing. Seems like you had a great time.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your ethnicity? Only reason I ask is to try to understand why you were pulled over/detained/profiled so much in Germany. The only other reason I can think of is because of the color of your new M3. When I did ED a couple of years ago, I had no problem with law enforcement whatsoever. I was never pulled over in over 2,000 miles of driving in 5 countries. Then again my M5 was Black Sapphire Metallic. I myself am Puerto Rican, but like I said I never had an issue. Another friend of mine doing ED in his Sakhir Orange M5 at the same exact time as me got pulled over almost every day he was on ED. He said a lot of the police were wanting to make sure that the car was not stolen. Or maybe things have just changed a lot since I was last there a couple of years ago. What with these incidents in Paris and Belgium lately, I can understand if the law enforcement is a little on edge.

Anyways, I'm glad you at least didn't have any car troubles throughout the entire adventure. Nice pix too!
Thanks RPiM5!! I did want to bring up the experience without getting into a conversation about ethnicity/race/religion. Not sure that's even possible, but I'll put it like this: from my many travels (both in Europe and internationally), it was the sole experience that this happened in a consistent manner. It helps to be a tolerant, respectful global citizen in such situations. I am fortunate that I have lived in places where I am not subject to such treatment, because it can really bring a person/family down after some time. I also had no enforcement issues in my cross-country treck back home, even with my front Euro plate on the entire way back.

Either way, being aware of our enviroment while travelling, especially in unknown places, is a good strategy to adopt. As with all persons who have experienced ED, we can all however agree that the experience is unmatched!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Congrats on the whole experience... Next time if ever, I also want to do the PCD, at least for my wife to experience ...

Love your f80!

Awesome picture, especially the rolling ones in the woods...

How? Did you have a friend photographer tag along ?

Do you have more pictures?
Thanks!! In addition to the PCD experience, may I also suggest you tack on some days in the Smoky Mtns - the wife will especially enjoy it! Lots of great B&B's, and driving roads of course!! I did have company for both experiences and had a lot more time to do photo shoots on the way back home following PCD. There are a ton more pictures, just haven't got the time to go through them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Dream View Post
Brought up so many memories of my ED over summer. Glad you had a great trip. Enjoy the car in good health
Much appreciated, and same with yours! Can't do it otherwise... we just know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiey View Post
Man I wish this was an option here in the UK, what an amazing experience.

Though, probl wouldn't be available on something as prosaic as the F11 530d I have on order...
That's a good comment - wonder why it's not an option especially considering that the UK is a part of the EU?? As with everything, I'm sure the more that BMW UK hears from its customers, the greater the chance it can be an option. With BMW trying to break previous yearly records with everything (including Welt deliveries), I don't see why it can't be done!

There is no discrimination of cars that are delivered at the Welt from what I've seen, and I can assure you that an F11 530d is not prosaic
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 08:51 AM   #53
Amos1262
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 20113 M3 Vert

Very nice!
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2015, 09:18 AM   #54
F80AYM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80AYM3

Nice experience and photos.
      01-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #55
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Thanks Powerbeast!!! When are you gonna make the switch??

Thanks for the compliments, hope to meet up with the Houston group as well. I also missed the TWS event because I hadn't done a clear bra yet and had my appointment this past Saturday. The front end already picked up some knicks during the drives in Europe and back from SC. Once everything is cured, I'm ready to go!

How did you find the driving school? I so wanted to oppo lock on the skidpad on my delivery day, but they had the routine canned and wanted to demonstrate the DSC capabilities (on vs. off). I also did enjoy the slalom course a lot... too bad we only got a few mins each since it was a sizeable group (first day of deliveries for the year).

Otherwise, the Smokies are a hoot to drive, and our journey through them on a Tuesday morning meant no cops or traffic as a matter of fact. Be sure to take some days to drive them if you can at your next school!
If you think you will like the driving school, then I promise youll LOVE it. I did the full day car control school and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. I met a guy from Virginia in Munch during our ED and we both agreed to meet in SC for the school in December. We loved it so much we're going back for the full 2-day M school in October. I'm totally addicted to learning how to drive better, and left that one day school a safer and more confident driver. I can only imagine what a 2-day school will be like.

We are lucky to have experience the ED process, I cant say enough about it!
Attached Images

01-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #56
justinco
btr.life
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36

Garage List
1994 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
2005 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
Very cool, great looking car!

ED is still on my bucket list of things to do, for whenever I decide to get an M3
      01-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #57
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

After not seeing that color very often anymore, and never in person other than at the dealer on occasion, I must say it looks absolutely fantastic!
Thank you for sharing your experience as well.
Regards,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #58
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Great post and pics!
Really feel like AY is coming on strong. When I first saw it, I thought it looked terrible. Now seeing in more photos and in person, it's really a standout color. I can see it being highly desired especially if they discontinue it.

Also looking to do ED this summer, hopefully the police will have calmed down a little.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #59
The long haul
Hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Maserati Ghibli, E92m, FTR

Garage List
When were you on the tail d the dragon bro? I saw a AY F80 go by in the opposing lane. I was in my Jaguar
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #60
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Awesome photos. Congratulations & enjoy the ride. Love the combo. Can't wait for my trip In March.
      01-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #61
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian
Quote:
Thanks Powerbeast!!! When are you gonna make the switch??

Thanks for the compliments, hope to meet up with the Houston group as well. I also missed the TWS event because I hadn't done a clear bra yet and had my appointment this past Saturday. The front end already picked up some knicks during the drives in Europe and back from SC. Once everything is cured, I'm ready to go!

How did you find the driving school? I so wanted to oppo lock on the skidpad on my delivery day, but they had the routine canned and wanted to demonstrate the DSC capabilities (on vs. off). I also did enjoy the slalom course a lot... too bad we only got a few mins each since it was a sizeable group (first day of deliveries for the year).

Otherwise, the Smokies are a hoot to drive, and our journey through them on a Tuesday morning meant no cops or traffic as a matter of fact. Be sure to take some days to drive them if you can at your next school!
If you think you will like the driving school, then I promise youll LOVE it. I did the full day car control school and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. I met a guy from Virginia in Munch during our ED and we both agreed to meet in SC for the school in December. We loved it so much we're going back for the full 2-day M school in October. I'm totally addicted to learning how to drive better, and left that one day school a safer and more confident driver. I can only imagine what a 2-day school will be like.

No need to go all the way to South Carolina to go to a driving school!
Check out your local BMW CCA chapter for events at local tracks. www.texastrifecta.com
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2015, 09:12 AM   #62
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79 View Post
After not seeing that color very often anymore, and never in person other than at the dealer on occasion, I must say it looks absolutely fantastic!
Thank you for sharing your experience as well.
Regards,
Chris
Agreed! Thanks Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Great post and pics!
Really feel like AY is coming on strong. When I first saw it, I thought it looked terrible. Now seeing in more photos and in person, it's really a standout color. I can see it being highly desired especially if they discontinue it.

Also looking to do ED this summer, hopefully the police will have calmed down a little.
I guess it depends on where you are. Giev it another couple years and they can be commonplace. Enjoy your ED if you decide to take the plunge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The long haul View Post
When were you on the tail d the dragon bro? I saw a AY F80 go by in the opposing lane. I was in my Jaguar
I was on the tail during the week of Jan 5th. Brilliant roads out there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs24F10 View Post
Awesome photos. Congratulations & enjoy the ride. Love the combo. Can't wait for my trip In March.
Thanks and enjoy yours too! Don't forget to share the experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos1262 View Post
Very nice!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AY Austin Yellow View Post
Nice experience and photos.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post

haha... one day, one day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinco View Post
Very cool, great looking car!

ED is still on my bucket list of things to do, for whenever I decide to get an M3
Thanks and don't wait too long!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
No need to go all the way to South Carolina to go to a driving school!
Check out your local BMW CCA chapter for events at local tracks. www.texastrifecta.com
We're fortunate to have a few tracks here in TX within a reasonable distance fom where we live. The TX trifecta however requires some level of track experience and you are basically pre-selected to register, which doesn't work for the majority of us.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 09:46 AM   #63
The long haul
Hi
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agreed! Thanks Chris!

I guess it depends on where you are. Giev it another couple years and they can be commonplace. Enjoy your ED if you decide to take the plunge!

I was on the tail during the week of Jan 5th. Brilliant roads out there!

Thanks and enjoy yours too! Don't forget to share the experience!

Thanks!

Thanks!!

haha... one day, one day!!!

Thanks and don't wait too long!!!

We're fortunate to have a few tracks here in TX within a reasonable distance fom where we live. The TX trifecta however requires some level of track experience and you are basically pre-selected to register, which doesn't work for the majority of us.
In that case I'm almost positive that was you as I ran it on the fourth and fifth multiple times! That's pretty awesome man, your car is gorgeous.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #64
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The long haul View Post
In that case I'm almost positive that was you as I ran it on the fourth and fifth multiple times! That's pretty awesome man, your car is gorgeous.
thanks again, much appreciated!! If those roads are in your backyard then consider yourself fortunate!!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 10:59 AM   #65
ciressiws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Smile Ed and PCD /2015 M3 /mineral grey

This trip sounds very similar to ours.
We did our third ED with my M3 on Sept 19th. It is always a great experience.
PCD delivery was on Dec. 6th. As I instruct in Performance driving events, the track driving was fun just to see how much more powerfull this beast is compared to my 1995 M3 which was set up for some track driving.
Since we originally are from Switzerland we spend usually our vacation there.
This time we were over there for 4 weeks hiking and driving the German,Austian, Italien and Swiss Mountain road. Since we did the Stilfser Joch previously, we decided to try the lesser known Timmelsjoch. We highly recommend it. The day after we drove it it was snowed in.
Since we drove more than the 2000 km, we had to turn it in for service in a local dealership in Switzerland. If you ever do ED, stop at a dealership and compare the sticker price. You will not believe what a comparable car will cost.
Add about 30%.
After the PCD we also did the tail of the dragon because my motorcycle buddies were always talking about it. What a trip!
I would recommend to also take the foothill parkway as we did, to Ashville , then hook up to the blue ridge parkway. We went on the parkway to Blowing Rock and stayed over night.
It was a great drive and sine the weather was good and no traffic. It was a blast. My hart rate went up a few beeps when I swept around a turn and Smokey flew by in a flash. I observed the rear view mirror for a while but he did not come after us.
Since I am familiar with Europe, a couple hints; Do not park in under ground garages, they are to tight and difficult to get out. Watch out for the curbs, they have a lot of granite in the Alps and the curb stones are very sharp and rim eaters. Do not speed, they only have a 3-5 km/h grace limit and they will find you. Two years ago, when we picked up my wife's 328, we received a 40 SFr ticked for 7 km/hr over the posted limit of 50 km/hr. The ticket arrived 2 month later.
I still have not down loaded lots of go pro videos from the dragon and parkway but hope do do it on a snowy weekend.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #66
The long haul
Hi
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
thanks again, much appreciated!! If those roads are in your backyard then consider yourself fortunate!!
Thanks buddy
Appreciate 0