R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

06-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Recommended garage lift installer: South FL

Hey guys , has anyone worked with a great local company to install a lift in your garage? I have a quote from someone but I'm looking to shop it around a little.

Super bonus if you can tell me around how much it cost you. I'm looking at something like the Directlift ProPark 8s or the BendPak HD-9.

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
DJM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Can you post your quote for everyone to see?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

$4500 for a DirectLift ProPark 8s, delivered and installed. Thanks in advance
Appreciate 1
qmp123.50
      06-23-2018, 10:24 AM   #4
qmp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15F80

In some situations the garage door will need to be modify so the tracks and opener will clear the height of new lift especially when utilized as a rack system. Is this the case for your garage space? If so, was this cost included in your estimate?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #5
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmp View Post
In some situations the garage door will need to be modify so the tracks and opener will clear the height of new lift especially when utilized as a rack system. Is this the case for your garage space? If so, was this cost included in your estimate?
Yes, I'll have to re-track the door so it lifts up higher, and convert the garage door motor to a side-mount so it doesn't get hit either. That's gonna be another $2k.

The $4500 is just for the lift and install. I only mentioned that figure because I didn't want to confuse and end up comparing apples and oranges. Sorry if it feels like it's difficult to extract the info from me!!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
qmp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmp View Post
Yes, I'll have to re-track the door so it lifts up higher, and convert the garage door motor to a side-mount so it doesn't get hit either. That's gonna be another $2k.

The $4500 is just for the lift and install. I only mentioned that figure because I didn't want to confuse and end up comparing apples and oranges. Sorry if it feels like it's difficult to extract the info from me!!
Nah this is a great topic. I'm sure most of us gear-heads have always wanted a lift in our garage. These discussions will allow us to see if it's within reach.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 11:11 PM   #7
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

I installed my lift myself, the quotes for install only was costing more than the lift itself. Didn’t make any sense to me.

I also installed the side mount lift master and high raise tracks myself. The LiftMaster itself was less than $400 and was easier to install than a normal overhead.

The tracks were a little tricky but there is a company online that sells a kit, you just have to give them all the measurements.
Appreciate 0