Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

07-01-2017, 12:40 AM   #23
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
Moar powa Seriously though for warranty sake the guidelines should be followed. I just don't worry about warranty.
They did say the break in was more importantly for the diff to wear in. I still remember schnell325 with that burn out at the Interalpen in 2015 and his diff is doing just fine.

Good times!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #24
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
So, i just had the break-in service done early at 700 miles; still no full boost, no launch control, and sports display gauge still shows peak of 420-440 HP.

I am inclined to believe that these features do not become available until after 1200 miles.

Will report when I get there.
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/

Last edited by Day Laborer; 07-07-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #25
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
So, i just had the break-in service done early at 700 miles; still no full boost, no launch control, and sports display gauge still shows peak of 420-440 HP.

I am included to believe that these features do not become available until after 1200 miles.

The dealer should have activated launch control when you did your service.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 1
M4_GTS1152.50
      07-07-2017, 03:46 PM   #26
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:

I am inclined to believe that these features do not become available until after 1200 miles.

Straight from the engineer at BMW M. "Break in service only activates launch control. There is no other changes to the car."

The dealer plugs into in the car and activates launch control once the car's ecu realizes that break in service is done.

How do you know you are not getting full boost? Are you in sport plus at full throttle reaching redline? Do you even know how to activate launch control? You make me think there's something wrong with you and not your car.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 04:17 PM   #27
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

1st service has no bearing on power output. 100%. Your peak power is not guaranteed to be 493 or near. Too many variables control power, Temperature outside, fuel you are using, altitude, how much load you are applying... 440 is no cause for concern so enjoy!

Quote:

Appreciate 1
      07-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #28
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Besides the sports gauge showing peak @ 420-440 at redline in sport plus, water tank contents remains the same.
Honestly the power is pretty disappointing; there has to be more!
I guess I just gotta be patient and wait to see what happens at post 1200 miles.

Launch control, I'm pretty sure I know how; same as my M2 : DSC off, manual, sport plus everything; left foot brake, right foot all the way down to the ground till the little button at the end of the accelerator.

Read in other places that launch control wont go until both service and 1200 miles have been completed
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #29
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
The dealer should have activated launch control when you did your service.
Quote:
Besides the sports gauge showing peak @ 420-440 at redline in sport plus, water tank contents remains the same.
I guess I just gotta be patient and wait to see what happens at post 1200 miles.

Launch control, I'm pretty sure I know how; same as my M2 : DSC off, manual, sport plus everything; left foot brake, right foot all the way down to the ground till the little button at the end of the accelerator.

Read in other places that launch control wont go until both service and 1200 miles have been completed
The dealer has to activate launch control.

Requirements
Launch Control is available when the engine is
warmed up, that is, after uninterrupted driving
of at least 6 miles/10 km.

To start with Launch Control do not steer the
steering wheel.
Activate Launch Control
1. Deactivate Dynamic Stability Control, refer
to page 115.
2. Select Sequential mode with gear 1 and
driving program 3.
3. With the engine running, apply the brake
with the left foot.
4. Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
The starting engine speed adjusts.
A flag symbol appears in the instrument
cluster.
5. If necessary, change the starting engine
speed by 500 rpm via cruise control.
6. Release the brake, the vehicle accelerates.
Continue to depress the accelerator pedal.
Upshifting occurs automatically as long as
the accelerator pedal is fully depressed.

Launch Control is available again only after a
certain distance has been driven.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org

Last edited by SakhirM4; 07-07-2017 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 3
VCP1390.00
      07-07-2017, 05:01 PM   #30
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Honestly your engine power will continue to climb past the 1200 mile mark. City driving is going to see a lower peak hp number than one that is driven highway and has load variables put to it. If you just get in and run to the store and home ect. you will not have the strongest engine. Again, water is not automatically injected it is fed as required by variables. Get on to a Dyno if you want truth for power output. I will sell you my launch control if you like It blows in any case. You mentioned a 700 mile service? Did they change out diff fluid then? If not they certainly will not activate LC.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #31
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Honestly your engine power will continue to climb past the 1200 mile mark. City driving is going to see a lower peak hp number than one that is driven highway and has load variables put to it. If you just get in and run to the store and home ect. you will not have the strongest engine. Again, water is not automatically injected it is fed as required by variables. Get on to a Dyno if you want truth for power output. I will sell you my launch control if you like It blows in any case. You mentioned a 700 mile service? Did they change out diff fluid then? If not they certainly will not activate LC.

Thanks for your input; yes they did change the differential fluid- they gave me an opportunity to watch them drain it.

I'll just be patience and put on some more miles
Appreciate 1
VCP1390.00
      07-08-2017, 12:04 AM   #32
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Quote:

Dyno you say?
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 1
VCP1390.00
      07-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #33
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Happy to report that I am seeing close to full power on the sports display about 200 miles after break-in service from 700 at 900 miles. (480HP and climbing)
Launch control still to be seen, maybe at 1200 miles but wont really use it anyway.
Appreciate 1