Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

01-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #45
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

Congrats! Glad you love it. I remain so happy with mine after almost two years. Enjoy, and try to get up to COTA for the BMW Driving Experience if it comes again next year. Loved it!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #46
PaulSvk84
Rep
Drives: M3

I took delivery of my 2018 M3 ZCP in October. My previous car was also a stage 1 Audi S3, and there is simply no comparison between the two. The M3 is pretty much everything i wanted in a car! I was able to drive a coworkers RS3 a few months ago and i wasn't impressed at all....
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #47
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSvk84 View Post
I took delivery of my 2018 M3 ZCP in October. My previous car was also a stage 1 Audi S3, and there is simply no comparison between the two. The M3 is pretty much everything i wanted in a car! I was able to drive a coworkers RS3 a few months ago and i wasn't impressed at all....
Congrats! Yeah they are very different cars... the M3 just feels more alive whereas the S3 was good at accelerating from a stop.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #48
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Hi everyone -

The M3 has always been an icon that I sought to own one day, and early next week I'll get to check the box!

I am picking up a 2017 MG M3 with Comp package, Exec package, Driver assist and DCT.

As some background, this is my first BMW. I've owned a variety of cars over the years, from an S2000 to Mustang GT to Audi S3 (current car). I had an order in for an RS3, but after a string of logistical issues and waiting entire months with no explanation, I decided to look at other options. The idea of trying something unfamiliar is also appealing to me.

Anyway, I am really excited and take delivery this coming Tuesday. For the veterans, what tips do you have for a new M3 owner? My biggest concern is traction issues, but I drove a new M3 a couple of days ago with the comp package and it seemed to do just fine (keep in mind I am coming from an AWD S3 and prior to that an AWD Golf R).

And oh that exhaust sound After hearing it in person and driving it, any reviewer that says the M3 does not sound good has a couple of screws loose.

-Phil
you will never go back to Audi
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 11:05 PM   #49
PaulSvk84
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
you will never go back to Audi
I still love the R8 though!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #50
IDBGOD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSvk84 View Post
I still love the R8 though!
R8 is the only Audi I'd take over a BMW. It's just in a different league.

BMW really has no supercars to compete with it either.

Test drove an RS3 today. It was a nice car but felt nothing like my F80. Well, at least I'm not losing traction in the RS3 (I start losing it in 2nd in my F80 lol).

I will say though the seats and interior in the Audi is always nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 05:47 AM   #51
yjypm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SemiSlow View Post
I did the swap from a S4 to the M3 2 weeks ago.
No regrets after driving it off the lot.

Your gunna luv it, enjoy.
Was yours a b8? I also traded in my supercharged v6 S5 in December for 18 ZCP M3. I had almost everything you could throw on the S5 today including the dual pulley setup making 500+ crank hp and a 3.2s 0-60 time.

However the m3 feels more alive, love how much easier to kick the rear end out in the middle of a corner than the s5. It has a lot more technology. The iDrive is much better than the old MMI system in the S5. Led headlights are much brighter than the Xenons in the S5 too (although I miss the sharp projector cut-off line). Exhaust sounds meaner than the S5 IMO, especially with the ZCP overrrun. The steering wheel has a little more feedback from the road. The braking ventilation is much better designed than the S5 even though I got brembo BBK on the S5 (noticed this every time I washed my car right after I got home from work while spraying water on the discs). However the M3 feels a little slower than the modified S5 for now, but that’s definitely going to be changed when I get a tune.

No regrets except I do miss that instant supercharged torque in my S5, the cabin is quite a lot noisier in the M3 coasting at hwy speed, and, that intoxicating supercharger whine...

The blue S5 was mine:

And now...

Last edited by yjypm; 01-24-2018 at 06:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
f80er2056.00
      01-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #52
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
I had a new s6 for few months.. respected it and it did everything and more but thats the problem.. never did it provoke any emotions apart from the lovely over run from tt v8.
      01-24-2018, 11:27 PM   #53
PaulSvk84
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBGOD View Post
R8 is the only Audi I'd take over a BMW. It's just in a different league.

BMW really has no supercars to compete with it either.

Test drove an RS3 today. It was a nice car but felt nothing like my F80. Well, at least I'm not losing traction in the RS3 (I start losing it in 2nd in my F80 lol).

I will say though the seats and interior in the Audi is always nice.
Look at your old Audi, now look at the M3.... No comparison what so ever dude! I was looking at pictures of my S3 the other day. It was a good looking car no doubt, but the M3 is the complete package.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 05:11 PM   #54
M3SemiSlow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 10' OME X, M3, glc43

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
Was yours a b8? I also traded in my supercharged v6 S5 in December for 18 ZCP M3. I had almost everything you could throw on the S5 today including the dual pulley setup making 500+ crank hp and a 3.2s 0-60 time.

However the m3 feels more alive, love how much easier to kick the rear end out in the middle of a corner than the s5. It has a lot more technology. The iDrive is much better than the old MMI system in the S5. Led headlights are much brighter than the Xenons in the S5 too (although I miss the sharp projector cut-off line). Exhaust sounds meaner than the S5 IMO, especially with the ZCP overrrun. The steering wheel has a little more feedback from the road. The braking ventilation is much better designed than the S5 even though I got brembo BBK on the S5 (noticed this every time I washed my car right after I got home from work while spraying water on the discs). However the M3 feels a little slower than the modified S5 for now, but that’s definitely going to be changed when I get a tune.

No regrets except I do miss that instant supercharged torque in my S5, the cabin is quite a lot noisier in the M3 coasting at hwy speed, and, that intoxicating supercharger whine...
I had a B8.5 S4, "dubbed_monk" on audizine. Sounds like we had more or less the same mods.. full dual pulley, Milltek non res, pss10, 6mt and every other bolt on possible. She was fast and the low end tq was insane and reliable. Even tho the car had everything and stupid fast, still felt like it was missing something.

I'm still in the break in period on the M3.. But she feels alot more raw, connected and fun. "cause racecar" hahaha.
Even tho the M is slower in stock form vs a fully modded S. The M in stock form is definitely more fun and stiffer than my S4 on pss10 set on 8 & louder than my milltek non res.

Luv this car... Had to make the jump with it being the last yr for the F80 M3 & rumors of no more manual....
No regrets... "save the manuals"
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 06:13 PM   #55
whitedc5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f82

just made the switch from a S5, best decision of my life
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 07:10 PM   #56
yjypm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SemiSlow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjypm View Post

I had a B8.5 S4, "dubbed_monk" on audizine. Sounds like we had more or less the same mods.. full dual pulley, Milltek non res, pss10, 6mt and every other bolt on possible. She was fast and the low end tq was insane and reliable. Even tho the car had everything and stupid fast, still felt like it was missing something.

I'm still in the break in period on the M3.. But she feels alot more raw, connected and fun. "cause racecar" hahaha.
Even tho the M is slower in stock form vs a fully modded S. The M in stock form is definitely more fun and stiffer than my S4 on pss10 set on 8 & louder than my milltek non res.

Luv this car... Had to make the jump with it being the last yr for the F80 M3 & rumors of no more manual....
No regrets... "save the manuals"
I was on Audizine as well. I agree with everything you've said except the m3 is not nearly as loud as my previous AWE touring S5. Although no tune right now Im already thinking to get down pipes and mid pipes.

Instagram:catpupu_f80
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #57
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 Imola 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
Oh, nice... Father-in-law lives in the Terrell Hills area.

I'm actually an Air Traffic Controller.
My bro worked ATC in Austin for a couple years.. Small world
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 07:35 AM   #58
gunsmoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Traded in my 2011 Stage 1 6MT Sport Package A4 quattro for a 2016 6MT M3 in YMB with 6k miles on it. Bye-bye audizine, hello bimmerpost!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 06:29 PM   #59
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post
Traded in my 2011 Stage 1 6MT Sport Package A4 quattro for a 2016 6MT M3 in YMB with 6k miles on it. Bye-bye audizine, hello bimmerpost!
Congrats! How do you like the manual in the M? I went with a dual clutch in my S3 and got the DCT.
Appreciate 0