EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

05-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #67
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by N & M View Post
Moves beautifully but BMW is cutting edge in every area except aero; when will we see the introduction of proper active aero into its performance cars?

Please no washboard wings.
Exactly. You don't see that kind of wing on a 458 speciale, and it looks silly on this car. A good pronounced rear lip spoiler like the one on the Z06 and other active aero bits would look much better and would provide plenty of downforce.
You must think the gt3ts looks like a bad cartoon as well?
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #68
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01
Quote:
Quote:
Moves beautifully but BMW is cutting edge in every area except aero; when will we see the introduction of proper active aero into its performance cars?

Exactly. You don't see that kind of wing on a 458 speciale, and it looks silly on this car. A good pronounced rear lip spoiler like the one on the Z06 and other active aero bits would look much better and would provide plenty of downforce.
Doesn't it?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2015, 10:53 AM   #69
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01
Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't it?
Totally :
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 11:20 AM   #70
Revcrazy
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3 View Post
Awesome.

Hopefully that wing is for track use only.
It's a track version of the M4. It only has one mission, too be as fast as it can on the track while still being street legal. The M4 fills the niche of being a good value sporty but practical and reasonably comfortable and luxurious street car that can do track duty. The GTS does not need to adhere in the same extent to those compromises. A huge wing is expected since down force ( and good track tires ) will make best use of the M4s power curve to improve the average speed around a track. There's enough power to not let the added drag bring down top speed too much on most tracks and the wing will help catapult the car early out of turns. This thing will be a surprise to revcrazy and his crowd I love how it looks on the track, exciting.
It won't. They are and will always be way off the pace set by the big boys. Just like the m3 GTS couldn't hang with a 996 GT3 RS which was 11 year old at the time this will be LUCKY if it can keep pace with a 2007 Base GT3. 2007 party in 2017 and still losing. LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #71
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Pretty much all race cars have large fixed wings, it's only natural that track versions of street legal cars get them as well. Ferrari is an exception not the norm. However the base 458's aero that the speciale is based on is on another level the the 4-series. BMW is absolutely doing the right thing by adding a large wing to the GTS, especially to make best use of the power curve with all that midrange grunt.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #72
TahoeM3
Major
Rep
Drives: F-type R, GTR, X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
Well, I wouldn't drive it on the street, I'll say that. But it's fine as a track car. The giant cheese cutter wing actually fits better on a 911 because of the downsloping shape of the rear, whereas on the M3/M4 it looks completely out of place.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 11:53 AM   #73
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy View Post
It won't. They are and will always be way off the pace set by the big boys. Just like the m3 GTS couldn't hang with a 996 GT3 RS which was 11 year old at the time this will be LUCKY if it can keep pace with a 2007 Base GT3. 2007 party in 2017 and still losing. LOL
lol I like how he didn't even bring up Porsches specifically and you just couldn't resist yourself.

haha I'm challenging you to actually post something, anything, that has nothing to do with Porsches. Then again that's probably too much of a mountain for you to climb over.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 12:04 PM   #74
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:

Cutting edge except for aero and interiors
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #75
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3 View Post
Awesome.

Hopefully that wing is for track use only.
It's a track version of the M4. It only has one mission, too be as fast as it can on the track while still being street legal. The M4 fills the niche of being a good value sporty but practical and reasonably comfortable and luxurious street car that can do track duty. The GTS does not need to adhere in the same extent to those compromises. A huge wing is expected since down force ( and good track tires ) will make best use of the M4s power curve to improve the average speed around a track. There's enough power to not let the added drag bring down top speed too much on most tracks and the wing will help catapult the car early out of turns. This thing will be a surprise to revcrazy and his crowd I love how it looks on the track, exciting.
Losing? As if any of your comments have the slightest credibility. The 911 is completely overrated and anything and everything Porsche does is somehow always acceptable to their fan boys. "Hi I'm the 991RS, I have super cool aero that you'll never use on the street and 21" rims to rival Rich Ross' Phantom. Please buy me in Mexico Blue and park me at Starbucks for all to envy."

I've owned a 996 GT2 and 997 GT3 for the record.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 2
      05-30-2015, 12:11 PM   #76
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshortguy View Post
lol I like how he didn't even bring up Porsches specifically and you just couldn't resist yourself.

haha I'm challenging you to actually post something, anything, that has nothing to do with Porsches. Then again that's probably too much of a mountain for you to climb over.
No need to get all worked up.
Its like how everyone compares cars to the M3. Its because bmw is the benchmark for midsize performance sedans. The same can be said about Porsche in terms of track cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #77
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
Its like how everyone compares cars to the M3. Its because bmw is the benchmark for midsize performance sedans. The same can be said about Porsche in terms of track cars.
ha nah it's not me getting worked up, just having some fun if you don't know who revcrazy is.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 12:35 PM   #78
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Impossible. He even uses two different screen names to spew his Porsche fanboyism. Revcrazy is also Wolfinwolfsclothing.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #79
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekn8286 View Post
This car looks amazing; definitely won't be anything less than 110K or so.
Probably more to the "or so". It will probably be significantly lighter than the regular M4. In a major part of its program of weight reduction, BMW will make sure your wallet will be much lighter as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #80
Revcrazy
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW
Quote:

Porsche is the benchmark for sports cars and any segment they compete. Nothing else comes close. And there is fierce competition against everyone always aiming for the 911 yet none for 50 plus years have accomplished.

Bmw is the benchmark for the mid size sedan category but there isn't a lot of competition in that segment.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #81
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Pretty much all race cars have large fixed wings, it's only natural that track versions of street legal cars get them as well. Ferrari is an exception not the norm. However the base 458's aero that the speciale is based on is on another level the the 4-series. BMW is absolutely doing the right thing by adding a large wing to the GTS, especially to make best use of the power curve with all that midrange grunt.
Yeah, but it looks like a wart on the M3. It doesn't flow well with the lines of the m3. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 01:35 PM   #82
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Impossible. He even uses two different screen names to spew his Porsche fanboyism. Revcrazy is also Wolfinwolfsclothing.
Being a fanboy is using conjecture to argue. Omitting facts to argue. From what I've read, not much one can argue against Porsche being the benchmark of performance. That doesn't make BMW lesser. It's just the facts.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 02:05 PM   #83
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Being a fanboy is using conjecture to argue. Omitting facts to argue. From what I've read, not much one can argue against Porsche being the benchmark of performance. That doesn't make BMW lesser. It's just the facts.
You aren't familiar with this member and his posts.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 02:09 PM   #84
f82mw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 MW/SO 2015

Is that stock suspension ?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #85
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Yeah, but it looks like a wart on the M3. It doesn't flow well with the lines of the m3. Sorry.
Function over form. It's not bad looking, better than this for example:

What will look bad is pussy footing this thing around a track and being passed bi Miatas etc. It needs to move
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #86
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_ View Post
Stock M4, no way.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #87
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
Cutting edge except for aero and interiors
Meeeh, who cares about the interior? I think it's fine! But aero is really needed here. I'm sure the M4 was designed to have as little drag as possible. The M4 has no downforce whatsoever anyway, this huuuge wing compensates for it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #88
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_
Prob KW V3 or equal