Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

10-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #45
FramingLogic
Student
Germany
Rep
Drives: GT3, 335i, Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3st View Post
Greg, for you the C63S would be the best bet. Tons of power, comfortable to drive and tons of options (air cooled seats are my favorite).
The sad thing is, they turned that lovely 6.3 into a biturbo 4.x ....
GTS is not worth the money. for 130k id get a GTR. agree though, mercedes might be more your taste
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #46
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Yeah forget the GTS. Muchos $$$, impossible to get, likely not here until late spring 2016, relative uncomfortable and track focused.

If you are willing to go uncomfortable, don't mind some weight ( you like verts. ) and want huge power why not a GT-R? Otherwise the new Benz C63 offer big power potential and has a panorama roof, not full vert but closer. If your current car has 600 whp and you don't mind the handling shortcomings of a 335 vert. the M4 might not be the right car. It has a very good chassis but nowhere near the power potential of a GT-R or C63. The C63 should also feel more luxurious what I hear from people who have driven it. But make sure to drive an M4, it's a real M3 with excellent balance between chassis and engine and no real weakness. Great car.
Good input. I was hoping they made some power improvements for the M4 to pump up the turbos a bit adding 100 or so HP/TQ.. C63 is a possibility but I'm a manual transmission guy and would miss it greatly. The C7 Z06 is a 2 seater but verts with Z07 performance suspension and a few other goodies can be had for $85,000 new. GT-R is awesome but it's still more pricey and I'd have to go used. I'd spend the extra coin if it was worth it but I can't see myself doing that for a Nissan. Maybe a BMW or Merc.

Thanks for the input though. I guess the list is now-
M4, C63, Z06, GT-R. Tests drives will be coming in a few months. I'm looking at year end for this.
As awesome of performance as the GTR delivers - many reviews and former owners have complained that it is nowhere near as exciting to drive as its numbers suggest - and not a good daily driver (never driven one myself - I'm just the messenger).

That being said - you should still test drive all of the above to make sure you buy the car that you like best...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 09:13 PM   #47
gonoyaro11
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Ok. Skip the GTS. What about the M4. What upgrades power wise are available? Any common problems people are having?
Please search out infos yourself.
Appreciate 0