Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #67
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

i’ve been married for ten years, this thread makes me appreciate that

thanks
Appreciate 7
RABAUKE4653.00
scostu1619.50
eluded2959.00
Germanauto9665.50
      12-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #68
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Yeah, your asking for a very, very complex equation to be solved: finding one without kids and a good job will==nuts but fuck you. Finding one that will love and fuck you will not have a good job. Finding one without kids, a good job and love you will be a dead fish.

So, you really need to lower your standards. Add in ugly and you might hit if you can tolerate that.
It's a good thing I can masturbate.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:05 AM   #69
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
so i had been talking to that one for at least a month, we finally met up, cute girl, we go out a few times the last being a christmas party last weekend where we basically made out in the bathroom all night I didnt hear from her the day after so i asked whats up and shes back with her ex-boyfriend. i immediately blocked her but she's been trying to get a hold of me ever since, probably out of guilt i'm guessing...
I love when I get the "I went back to my ex" nonsense. Auto block is right
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #70
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Aint that the truth. And the number of women these days who put "being single never married no kids isn't the badge of honor you think it is" - WTF? Being single with three kids to three different fathers isn't a badge of honor either bitch.

Or the classic "I don't know why I'm here" aka "I think I'm way to hot for online dating but for some reason nobody wants to date my fat ass and ugly face".

I know I'm ugly and I own it. The day I got an M3 (and I plan to get a Ferrari in the next 6 months) I swore off dating - nobody wanted to date this ugly bastard before, so anyone who does now must be a gold digger.
Welcome to the ugly club, brother. I am the president.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #71
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Jokes, aside it's sad that even the bolded is hard to come by nowadays...

Maybe I'm too young to know for sure, but it seems like chicks (and people in general) were less nutty before the internet and social media.
You are 100% right. Social media & the net have really ruined society. Everyone & their mother thinks their opinion must be heard & that everyone wants to hear it on everything & they are geniuses & they are super awesome & super hot. SMH
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #72
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

im a pretty average looking dude and ive managed to pull some fine women. a lot (most) of women are superficial as fuck but they arent all like that. its a little harder online because they have so many options and make snap judgments based entirely on your appearance but you just gotta make your profile stand out.

and btw, 99% of women couldnt give less of a fuck about your m3. ive never met a girl who was impressed by my car.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #73
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
nobody wanted to date this ugly bastard before, so anyone who does now must be a gold digger.
With that attitude, you won't get far in dating. Ugly or not.

But if you're happy with yourself now, you do you, dawg.
      12-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #74
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
You are 100% right. Social media & the net have really ruined society. Everyone & their mother thinks their opinion must be heard & that everyone wants to hear it on everything & they are geniuses & they are super awesome & super hot. SMH
It is a very sad state of the world, where most of the younger generation and some older generations are obsessed with social media. It has invaded every aspect of life. It has totally taken away from basic human interaction. Thus creating a culture of people who are socially awkward and unengaging. Between YouTube, Twitter, instagram, Facebook, Vloggers, Bloggers....majority of these people want their 10 mins of fame, more subscribers, more followers and more views. I can’t even imagine if I still had to be mixing trying to date into that mess. It is definitely more complicated then ever. My wife and I met on match 3.5 years ago but my lord things have changed a lot since then. Hang in there peopl, it can’t get much worse!

Last edited by FlaPatsFan; 12-09-2017 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      12-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #75
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
nothing will top the old tinder thread

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
Aatish3458.00
      12-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #76
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
nothing will top the old tinder thread
That and The Doll Thread are the best ever.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #77
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
That and The Doll Thread are the best ever.
the good ol days

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      12-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #78
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
im a pretty average looking dude and ive managed to pull some fine women. a lot (most) of women are superficial as fuck but they arent all like that. its a little harder online because they have so many options and make snap judgments based entirely on your appearance but you just gotta make your profile stand out.

and btw, 99% of women couldnt give less of a fuck about your m3. ive never met a girl who was impressed by my car.
Yup with dating apps/online dating even average looking chicks have endless options.

When it comes to girls with a decent head on their shoulders who are looking for something long-term, they do care about career, family background, etc. But I've found literally none of that matters when it comes to gaming on Tindering or at bars. The more vapid you are the more success you'll have with these vapid chicks.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #79
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Damn dude that's deep. I don't know your situation, but I've seen good looking women with not so great looking guys, and it didn't involve her being a gold digger. Such girls tend to have good career and were raised with middle class values. All hope 'aint lost.
I guess I'm just keeping it real - I have no illusions that I put James Bond to shame when dressed in a suit.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #80
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Welcome to the ugly club, brother. I am the president.
I'm the founder
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #81
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
With that attitude, you won't get far in dating. Ugly or not.

But if you're happy with yourself now, you do you, dawg.
I guess I'm happier being self-aware and happier single than delusional and with the wrong person. I've attracted my fair share of women due to my sparkling personality and amazing charm and wit, just not the sorts of women I want to date...

Last edited by dinonz; 12-09-2017 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #82
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
as we speak i have one of the crazies calling me for the third time today. i blocked her original number so she is using an "unknown caller id" number
That's why I never answer unknown #.....go straight to voicemail
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #83
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz View Post
That's why I never answer unknown #.....go straight to voicemail
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 01:57 AM   #84
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
If only 1% of the women in the dating pool did not care about money. Life would be so much easier. Sure if you look like Brad Pitt a decade ago, the dating life is easy. Also if you have a wallet as big as say Harvey Weinstein maybe women might overlook being a disgusting piece of trash that he was for his money and power. Either way, money wins.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #85
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Damn dude that's deep. I don't know your situation, but I've seen good looking women with not so great looking guys, and it didn't involve her being a gold digger. Such girls tend to have good career and were raised with middle class values. All hope 'aint lost.

Yup. I'm not a model, but I work out everyday to stay in shape and have a decent sense of humor. If you can make a girl laugh, and keep her laughing, the game is yours. Add in a bit of confidence without being an arrogant asshole and the odds are in your favor. And I say game because it really is a game.

People are crazy, you never know what they are looking for. I've seen some of the hottest, well educated chicks dating abusive fat guys with no job because they need validation and don't want to be alone.

I think online dating makes things 100% harder because it is all taking people at face value. I've met chicks online that were so-so in their pictures, but the messages seemed pretty funny. Ended up meeting and they were hotter in person and the personality was icing on the cake.

Also never try to use "devices" to get a girl, such as money, an M3, a boat, talking constantly about how well you are doing in your career, etc. Those will never work, and most women see right through it. Some of the most attractive women I've dated I met when I was broke in college with nothing but my personality to attract them. Most of them are attracted more to the connection you have with the thing than the thing itself. I'll use a boat for example. They don't really care that you have a boat, it's that you are a fun guy who likes going out and doing things, being on the water, living life, etc.

When a friend of mine first bought his BMW before I even knew anything about them, I jokingly asked him if it was a chick magnet. He said don't even get me started, I have more guys coming up to ask me about my car than anything else.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      12-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #86
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Also never try to use "devices" to get a girl, such as money, an M3, a boat, talking constantly about how well you are doing in your career, etc. Those will never work, and most women see right through it. Some of the most attractive women I've dated I met when I was broke in college with nothing but my personality to attract them. Most of them are attracted more to the connection you have with the thing than the thing itself. I'll use a boat for example. They don't really care that you have a boat, it's that you are a fun guy who likes going out and doing things, being on the water, living life, etc.

When a friend of mine first bought his BMW before I even knew anything about them, I jokingly asked him if it was a chick magnet. He said don't even get me started, I have more guys coming up to ask me about my car than anything else.
this is what im saying. ive only had one girl ever ask me about my car, and she was driving an e46 m3 so she was an exception.

Quote:
I guess I'm happier being self-aware and happier single than delusional and with the wrong person. I've attracted my fair share of women due to my sparkling personality and amazing charm and wit, just not the sorts of women I want to date...
so you dont want the women who are attracted to your m3 and you dont want the women who are attracted to your personality?

sounds like youre the problem, not them.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #87
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Crazy stories but fun. Mine is not online but kinda became online. I met my future wife at her brother’s party. I was separated, lonely etc and we just hit it off. Over the next several months we talked online a lot, dated etc.

We got married like four months after my divorce came through. I think people thought it was some sort of plan but honestly I was so tired of being abused, lonely from not being with my kids, I was hungry for a true companion. We’ve been together almost nine years and very happy.

I did talk to a lot of women online and was really weirded out by a lot of it. I met one woman from POF but like most of you have mentioned, she lied about her body state and looks. Embellish would be an understatement. My tolerance threshold was pretty low due to my first wife, so I met her and didn’t even order a drink. I simply said this isn’t for me and walked out.

This sounds kind of like a MGTOW thread lol.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      12-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #88
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Never had much luck with online dating. I didn’t try hard but gave Tinder a shot and also created profiles on 2 other dating sites. Most of it was garbage, especially Tinder. Most people on there were trashy, scammers, or just used it to increase their IG followers.

All the gf’s I’ve had and including the current one were met in person. I’m shallow in that I prefer the girl to be at least cute and have a good personality. With online stuff, you could never tell. I either judge too quickly or get judged too quickly. I do see the direction our society is heading towards though. 10 years from now people will be going on dates from the comfort of their leaving room with AI/VR.

Btw, @upstatedoc - sorry to hear about your divorce man. IiRC there was a thread on posting a pic of you and your SO and you won.
Appreciate 0