Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

01-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #89
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2///M View Post
Thanks for the tips; I added Feuchtwangen to my list of over a 100 small towns/cities; always so much too see and never enough time. We'll be there in late may to early June. Bamberg, Bayreuth, Nurnberg where on my list, but did not know about the "MANY" beers....definitely not to be cut from the list. I'll have to research the beers/breweries in the area to select a few to visit/sample.
Another off beaten place is the Würth Museum's. Its from that fastener company(nuts & bolts), but they have several museums in the Künzelsau area.

http://www.kunst.wuerth.com/en/portal/startseite.php

I've been meaning to go check out this Wurth Museum on their nuts and bolts stuff.

Museum Würth
Reinhold-Würth-Straße 15,
74653 Künzelsau

http://www.kunst.wuerth.com/en/mw/st...startseite.php

Another cool place to visit in this area is the Langenburg Castle and Automuseum. You can tour the castle if you like and also have lunch in the small village or in the Castle's garden. The garden is very nice and has a great view of the valley bellow. It's a nice place to spend an afternoon at. Its also close to Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

Automuseum Schloss Langenburg
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1182399

Also... near Schweinfurt(SW) is the Stammheim Military Museum(its near the nuclear power plant there). Btw... Schweinfurt is known for a couple of things. Most famous for Germany's worst drivers! Its also known as the "ball bearing" factory from WWII. It is still home to SKF(ball bearings) and ZF and *** auto components.

Stammheim Military Museum - near Schweinfurt, Germany...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498500

If you have any other questions just ask.

Dackel
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #90
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Dang V, not sure why I haven't seen this before. Have we even discussed ED in person? Really well done report, looks like you had a great time.

My wife & did ours in September 2014. We ended up doing Germany-Switzerland-France, and dropped the car off in Paris after about 10 days of driving through the Alps. We look back fondly on that trip. One day we'll have to get the ladies together for a trip down memory lane. Kristen and I will never forget it.
Attached Images

02-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #91
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
Dang V, not sure why I haven't seen this before. Have we even discussed ED in person? Really well done report, looks like you had a great time.

My wife & did ours in September 2014. We ended up doing Germany-Switzerland-France, and dropped the car off in Paris after about 10 days of driving through the Alps. We look back fondly on that trip. One day we'll have to get the ladies together for a trip down memory lane. Kristen and I will never forget it.
Haha, I think we did speak about it briefly the first time we met. One thing that we have in common is that you don't realize how tremendous the trip is until it's ended.

For everyone who has done ED, we all have unique experiences that are still all shared in a way that we have a similar passion for cars, travel, driving spectacular roads and food. The more we experience is the more we seek to explore. This was one of many European road trips, and I can say that my wife and I will be back for a lot more.

Hopefully we'll be able to join the inaugural ED party after the G-series M3/4 launches!
Appreciate 2
      02-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #92
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
Haha, I think we did speak about it briefly the first time we met. One thing that we have in common is that you don't realize how tremendous the trip is until it's ended.

For everyone who has done ED, we all have unique experiences that are still all shared in a way that we have a similar passion for cars, travel, driving spectacular roads and food. The more we experience is the more we seek to explore. This was one of many European road trips, and I can say that my wife and I will be back for a lot more.

Hopefully we'll be able to join the inaugural ED party after the G-series M3/4 launches!
I now remember a quick chat. As I approach 40 my memory is failing me.

Looks like I may attend the Texas M Group meet at Cedar Creek this Saturday. If I come, Ill have my toddler with me. You open?
      02-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #93
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post

Great color choice!!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #94
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
Great color choice!!
Thank You. I agonized over the decision for weeks, my wife was so over it after day 2.

I had placed my order with BSM as my color but at the last second switched to SO after seeing an M6 in that color. I still love Black BMW's, but owning this color was the best selection I made with my options.
      01-25-2017, 01:25 PM   #95
jd4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 Competition

PCD Delivery 2017 X4 M40i

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of taking delivery of the new baby at the Performance Center in SC. However I live in SF...first question: should I drive it back? I guess so!

Can anyone advise on what route to take to drive from SC to SF? Ideally I would take a few days and do some scenic routes!

Please please please advise!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #96
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4 View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of taking delivery of the new baby at the Performance Center in SC. However I live in SF...first question: should I drive it back? I guess so!

Can anyone advise on what route to take to drive from SC to SF? Ideally I would take a few days and do some scenic routes!

Please please please advise!!!!
Hey jd4 it'll be better to post your question in the Ordering/Delivery section of the forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #97
jd4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
Hey jd4 it'll be better to post your question in the Ordering/Delivery section of the forum.
Thank you for the suggestion! But I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on routes or places to see while driving back from SC to CA! I will post separately as well!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #98
bonsta101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M Comp.

Awesome. I wanted to pull the trigger on the AY, But just backed out last minute. I'm happy with my MW but definitely a little jealous..
Appreciate 0