Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

07-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
DreaminBMW
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '03 Acura RSX '13 Acura MDX

M- individual colors - Canada

Well, I'm pretty upset! Went to dealership to see if they could get me an individual color (Lemans Blue)on an M4 which is not one of the pre-selected individual colors and was told that it was not possible.

I probably spent 2 years trying to figure out which shade of blue I wanted and my dreams were dashed in an instant. Anyone have any luck with this? Was ready to take that 5-6 k hit to get the color I wanted too.

Would have been keen on going state side to get color I want but I guess imports on new cars are complex, warranties/service not the same, price of Canadian dollar vs American isn't too hot right now..

Any help appreciated!
      07-17-2015, 03:16 PM   #2
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

na is bs

they can get u that color for sure, since is bmw color

try another dealership
      07-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #3
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Yes, it probably won't be easy, but it is certainly possible for them.

U.S. dealers will not normally sell a new car to someone without a U.S. driver's license, although I'm sure it happens.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

doubt you can order a m car from US dealer to begin with. You can however buy a demo and your warranty is still valid in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #5
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaminBMW View Post
Well, I'm pretty upset! Went to dealership to see if they could get me an individual color (Lemans Blue)on an M4 which is not one of the pre-selected individual colors and was told that it was not possible.

I probably spent 2 years trying to figure out which shade of blue I wanted and my dreams were dashed in an instant. Anyone have any luck with this? Was ready to take that 5-6 k hit to get the color I wanted too.

Would have been keen on going state side to get color I want but I guess imports on new cars are complex, warranties/service not the same, price of Canadian dollar vs American isn't too hot right now..

Any help appreciated!
Are you in Toronto? I got my individual color car here. Had to get some help from BMW Canada. If you are in the GTA I can point you in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #6
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

huh? That makes no sense. The dealer can absolutely order you that colour I would find a new dealer.

Here is the response I got asking for Frozen silver:

Pleased to meet you albeit email, allow me to introduce myself as I am responsible for vehicle ordering/ planning for BMW Canada. Your email was turned over to me from our Head office in Munich as we are not particularly customer facing. From reading the chain below I can see your interest in an individual M3 in Frozen Silver for European Delivery next year 2016 May, I would suggest to begin talking to your retailer as soon as possible as we are in the current model year and product offering should not change by your requested delivery date in May.

BMW Canada / BMW AG is responsible to assist a retailer through vehicle ordering but are unable to facilitate sales as we do not have licenses to sell Canadian Spec vehicles direct to customers. Let me know if you have a configuration ready to go with and I can suggest a retailer to work with that is closest to you. Alternatively you can visit our homepage and use to locator function as well: http://www.bmw.ca/en/fastlane/dealer-locator.html#CA/en y

The process should start at the retailer, once the retailer confirms your order (colours, options, pricing) they will receive an allocation from BMW Canada and assign you a production number then we can confirm your European delivery. Allocation is approx 2 month prior to delivery, to put it in perspective a May production would be confirmed approximately in March

Please me know if you need to know any other details.

Hope this helps

BMW Group Canada
David Co
Analyst, Ordering and Volume Planning
50 Ultimate Drive
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4S 0C8

So in short your dealer are stupidz!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #7
DreaminBMW
Private
Canada
Rep

Wow! Thanks guys! I'm glad for your help. My SA is a nice guy, I just think that maybe no one's ever requested what I am requesting because our dealership is smaller/serves a smaller population bassin. I will follow up with him in the next few weeks as I am on vacation as well as him. A big shout out for your help. I will definitely keep you posted as this goes by!
      10-15-2015, 04:06 PM   #8
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep
Drives: German cars

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Call Andy Middleton at calgary bmw. I got the same lame response from the Edmonton dealers. As I write this I am anxiously waiting in my Munich hotel for tomorrow as I take European delivery of my f80 m3. Full individual
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #9
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY16 F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yegbimmergirl View Post
Call Andy Middleton at calgary bmw. I got the same lame response from the Edmonton dealers. As I write this I am anxiously waiting in my Munich hotel for tomorrow as I take European delivery of my f80 m3. Full individual
Details?
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #10
DreaminBMW
Private
Canada
Rep

Awesome! I'm still pondering my colors. It will be in 2016 if I pull the trigger. This is more a want than a need right now... Gotta transform it into a need
      11-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #11
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep
Drives: German cars

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
The post is coming we got back late October 31....
Appreciate 0