Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

01-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #67
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

All,

I wanted to provide an update on the situation with the insurance company for those that are still subscribed to this thread.

Following the advice of some users here, I first received a trade-in offer from Jaguar Seattle after the car had been repaired and deducted that value from KBB's estimated trade-in value for a car in Excellent condition (pre-accident value). The difference came out to be over $16k.

I submitted this calculation to the insurance company, but they declined and requested a more concrete report.

I then paid a professional appraiser, Mike Harber @ Harber Appraisals, to perform the $375 evaluation. After providing him with the full repair invoice and a few weeks later, I received a 20+ page report from him. The estimated diminished value was set at just below $16k, so spot-on with my own estimate.

After submitting this report to the insurance company, they offered $8k, saying it was fair, but did not provide any supporting evidence or accompanying report explaining how they came to $8k. I refused their offer, saying that they must provide evidence as I had, and mentioned that I had two estimates - my own, and Mike's - claiming a $16k diminished value.

After a few days, they agreed to pay the full $16k.

Sadly...I am selling the car. Not because there is anything wrong with it, but because I want to reduce my monthly payments in order to save for a house. I have a deposit down on an '08 M3 DCT currently and may be jumping back a generation (or two!). It was fun owning one of my dream cars for a few months, but I cannot support the payments with the financial goals I have now. I just hope that whoever owns it next will take care of it well.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 11:35 PM   #68
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

TWiTCHY - WOW thanks for the update! It is really important to share this information so the next person gets what they should because they are educated. Many times things happen and then there is no update.

Thanks again.

Funny about the house.... I bought my M4 and then in the same year bought a house. I was eating top ramen a while saving for the house.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 11:36 PM   #69
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnazzy View Post
TWiTCHY - WOW thanks for the update! It is really important to share this information so the next person gets what they should because they are educated. Many times things happen and then there is no update.

Thanks again.
No problem, I owe it to you guys for the great advice and support

Farewell, everyone! Just jumped into an E92 M3 so I'll be migrating over to M3Post. Thank you all for your help
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #70
Mofuman312
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Hi all,

I was excited to become the new owner of a 2015 M4 three days ago, but then I got rear-ended by a teenager at about 30mph The ramming car was an SUV so the impact area was between the top of the rear bumper and trunk. Photos of the damage are below. With the frame bent, the trunk no longer wants to close since the trunk latch is about a 1/2" offset from the hook. What's the chance of this car being totaled?

They wont declare it as totaled unless the repair costs are 75% or more of the car's value. My car got completely fucked and its borderline totaled. still waiting to hear back from them.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 03:56 AM   #71
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Here are photos of the repair I forgot to post. Looks like they cut out the damaged metal and fabricated their own to replace it, then painted over it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0