Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-03-2018, 08:07 PM   #45
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeaster1 View Post
I just want to add to this that I have the same symptoms. I've been able to resolve the issue buy putting the car into neutral, shutting down the engine while driving, and restart it again. That'll fix it everytime. But it happens daily. I'm dropping it off at the dealer this week for some diag.
shutting down the engine while driving ?? Are u nuts or what, it will shut down all power to the car including brakes and steering !!
      04-03-2018, 10:27 PM   #46
Downeaster1
BMW Master Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E82, E90, F10, F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Shutting down the engine while driving?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
shutting down the engine while driving ?? Are u nuts or what, it will shut down all power to the car including brakes and steering !!
I'm a Level 1 BMW tech, no it won't EPS doesn't shut down in the F3X/F8X until wheel rotation isn't detected for 8 seconds after terminal 15 shutdown. Because I'm only switching from terminal 30 to terminal 15, 80% of the car is still awake. Just the DME and PT-CAN shut down. The transmission and differential are self-lubracting. Literally nothing will happen; it doesn't even trigger a fault.

Fun fact in that regard: If your F3X/F8X has terminal 15 engaged, but not terminal 30, and wheel rotation is detected (aka, your car is running away without you in it), the horn will make several tones automatically to warn people that it might run into.

EDIT: EPS being electronic power steering.
135is #502 of 586
BMW LED Performance Wheel | OEM FULL Carbon Fiber | E9X M3 Gauge Cluster | E9X Exterior Mirrors | E9X M3 Full Suspension | E9X M3 Diff | PT-CAN2 Enabled | Bilstiens | Michelin PSS's | NBT Navigation Retrofit with Touch Pad
Appreciate 1
jninja514.50
      04-04-2018, 07:26 AM   #47
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

in Sport+ throttle setting, my car doesn't rev match.
in efficient and sport settings, it does consistently, also if you don't drive aggressively like coasting on 6th then down-shift to 5th it seems just blip the throttle only so slightly. I have 2018 ZCP if that matters.

My wife hates it, cause one time on neighborhood road she goes from 3rd to 2nd and it blips, well the exhaust is loud so some neighbors turn their heads, maybe thinking my wife is showing off a new car
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #48
jninja
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
in Sport+ throttle setting, my car doesn't rev match.
in efficient and sport settings, it does consistently, also if you don't drive aggressively like coasting on 6th then down-shift to 5th it seems just blip the throttle only so slightly. I have 2018 ZCP if that matters.

My wife hates it, cause one time on neighborhood road she goes from 3rd to 2nd and it blips, well the exhaust is loud so some neighbors turn their heads, maybe thinking my wife is showing off a new car
It's not supposed to....'rev match' is only in ECO & Sport (not Sport+), unless you have custom tuning done.

If you mean what I think you do: it is not "Aggressive" driving that characterizes rev-match, but simply RPM's / speed in between shifting...i.e. if you are doing 1500rpm in 6th, and downshift to 5th, there will be hardly any blip due to hardly changing engine speed. Also, if you allow the RPM's to drop in between shifting, like leaving in neutral too long, it won't rev match basically.
Appreciate 0