Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-27-2021, 07:14 PM   #1
Onesicks4
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Does my M3 have a JB4 installed already?

Hey everyone,

First post. New to the F80 crew, just sold my 2018 340i and got myself a low mileage M3 ZCP 6SPD that another user "Xeus" had sold earlier in the year.

While checking the OBD port I noticed there was another plug already stuck in there and wasn't sure what was plugged in there. (See attached)

After some googling, it seems to be a previously installed JB4. While I'm not 100% sure, everything I've seen seems to point to it.

So my questions are this:
1) Can anyone determine if I have it? And if I do, how do I access it to change maps?
I've seen the DCT trans get the flashing lights to tell, but I'm not sure if there's been any updates to see it in the dash like you would the N54/N55 since I have a 6spd.

2) Would I be able to use the app since there's an additional OBD side free for a Bluetooth tool? Would I need to use the JB4 adapter or would my OBD link CX that I use for bimmercode/link work?

Much appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 08:37 PM   #2
Djdnav
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

That looks like the JB4 port adapter. You may want to check the unit to see if it has a bluetooth adapter installed. That would make changing maps and settings much easier. Aside from that, find yourself a copy of the user manual.
      03-29-2021, 07:14 AM   #3
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Congratulations!

What do you miss about the M340?

For normal daily drive how do they compare?

6MT FTW!!!!!

Again; congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 04:38 PM   #4
Onesicks4
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Congratulations!

What do you miss about the M340?

For normal daily drive how do they compare?

6MT FTW!!!!!

Again; congratulations!

Thanks man!

Ummm well for one, the comfort level lol. My back is kinda fooked from years of bodybuilding and some other injuries, and not having the lumbar support like the 340i did is noticeable.

The harshness of the drive because of the stiffer suspension is also noticeable but I used to drive fully built and slammed stage 3 B5 S4's (for you Audi nerds) so while used to the type of harshness that comes with performance vehicles, it's definitely a wakeup call versus the 340i and my previous 235i Msport comfort.

It's loooow. I gotta be hyper aware of how and where I'm parking since the 340i had the proximity sensors and the M3 doesn't. Can't clear parking stops so I gotta make sure I'm close enough but not too close otherwise it's gonna crack the front bumper.

Gas milage. Holy sh#t. From over 300 mpg on a full tank to maybe 260-270.
But to be honest, every time I get in the car it's such a worthwhile trade off. I've traded miles per gallon for smiles per gallon

LCI2 LED headlamps on the 340 versus the m3 xenon. Not too big of a difference as far as light output but the cool factor and new design cues I liked a littler better.

Outside of that, vastly more fun. Having the 6spd was worth it alone. The 340i was the first car in over a decade that was automatic for me. It was fun, but man, nothing compares to being really engaged with the car like a stick.
Appreciate 0