EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

03-27-2014, 10:01 PM   #45
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
So, I'm queuing at the Peace Arch on the way home. I'm very happy I made the trip.

It made me settle on these changes:
1. M4 to M3
2. Extended tofull leather.
3. Silver to black wheels.

And I really like AY might go for that instead of MW.
And I'll stay with sunroof.
Tell us what you think when you get home!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #46
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Quote:
Very nice pictures. Both cars looks good from all your angles, first time I see that. Especially the M4 usually look awkward in the pictures but not here. I might go tomorrow. Was it worth the drive? Did it change your mind about anything when you saw them live compared to only seeing them in pictures? Any tip about parking, is it on-site?

I'm starting to wonder if I might be brave enough for AY after all. It does look very good in the pictures. In fact I've liked it in all pictures of the M4 and it looks quite good on the M3 as well. Just not sure if it might get old quick or that it could feel a bit too much "look at me".
http://www.cbc.ca/bc/interactive/maps/parking-costs/

Our downtown peninsula is in fact fairly small, so you might save a few bucks if you are up for a bit of a walk. I wouldn't be caught... sleeping in the Canada Place parkade. It's also not quite the same building.

should be hittin' the show with the gf tomorrow. I just got an Estoril Blue 435i on Tuesday (Dietrich from my signature was killed by an imprudent driver...)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #47
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Outstanding shots! I'm seeing some new lines here.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #48
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Nice photos and commentary.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #49
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Have a few more pictures of the AY M3 (also added to OP):

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #50
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Nice photos and commentary.
Thanks @stressdoc!

Quote:
Thanks Sir Loin.
I know what you mean with the CF trim. I guess it's the same type as in the M6s. I've been in many of them where there are both visible finger prints and micro scratches on the shiny finish. My M3 with matte unfinished CF never show either. Not sure why they downgraded to the shiny type.
About that CF trim, I am thinking to change the trim option to non-CF. Will have to look around for pictures of other trims.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #51
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

We have had so many questions about the black wheel. While looking the M4 Concept picture from last summer, I just realized that it had the black wheels. The picture below gives you an idea how it looks under outdoor lighting.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 12:07 AM   #52
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Some thoughts after seeing the cars.

Both look good but the M4 were for my taste to a big disadvantage due to the color. I don't like YMB at all. A short distance away was a San Marino blue M6 GC. Best blue ever, why oh why did we get YMB instead of San Marino blue

Others comments ring true, the M3's brute looks are impossible to ignore. It has very little elegance but is butch and mean looking. The M4 is no sissy and looks beefy as well but also has elegance. I was surprised to see that I prefer the sedan since I dislike the F30 and like the F32. I'm sure the overall pale look from YMB and silver wheels on the M4 played a big role though. The M3 looked full blooded and healthy in AY and the black parts from the stripe on the mirrors to the black interior and the black wheels accentuated the yellow perfectly to bring a MUCH more pleasant, modern, warm and striking look.

That said I think a comp. pkg. E90 or E92 would not shame themselves next to the new cars. I think the new cars are big and look more like M5/M6s of the past. This includes the added luxury from full leather and contrast stitching. While an E9X or older M3s works perfectly with extended leather or speed cloth due to their rawer sports looks I feel that the new cars look very natural with full leather.

Best in show? Nothing can touch the Aventador. What a wet car dream that car is. Benz is blingier and tackier than ever. Purple interior in the S-Class, really
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 12:11 AM   #53
MrCsquared
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin
We have had so many questions about the black wheel. While looking the M4 Concept picture from last summer, I just realized that it had the black wheels. The picture below gives you an idea how it looks under outdoor lighting.
I don't think the production wheels are the same as the concept's wheels. The ones we've seen this far appear to have black which is much more prominent in the middle portion of the spokes

I may be wrong though. The concept wheels do look better than the production two-tone black though.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #54
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
When I looked closely at the wheels it looked like the machined areas of the black production wheels are not silver but ferric grey. The production wheels also have more black in the spokes than the concept here. I also think the concept has 20s.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 02:24 AM   #55
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

I was there earlier today and yes they both are impressive especially the Austin yellow which never was my cup of tea until I see it in person. Nobody seems to care or mention that detailed price sheet which shows that particular M3 is carrying a $103000 price tag. That actually makes the $145000 price tag on the i8 looking very attractive now.
      03-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #56
moonsault270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 F82

Quote:
The concept wheels and the production wheels are 100% not the same. Shame, i think the concept wheels were the best looking.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #57
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

You guys are right, they are not exactly the same. The production wheel has the center darkened as well. But I think the concept wheels has similar look in that I think under sunlight you only see the thin silver edge of the rim because the black "lip" should be hard to see.

I made some adjustment to one of the wheel pictures I took, try down hide the black area to make the silver parts show up more:

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #58
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

The concept wheels were also 20".
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #59
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Thanks for the line on that! We will stop by there tomorrow. Chocolate addicts we are

Quote:

Chocolate Art. They are very good. Their shop is just south of Granville Bridge.

[url
http://www.chocolatearts.com/products/chocolates[/url]
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #60
r3dbimmer89
Major
Rep
Drives: P-Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanMRX View Post
what is a shipping block?
BMW and a lot of other manufactures put shipping blocks on the suspension to lift the height so that the lower bumper or under carriage isn't damaged during shipping.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #61
solstice
Major General
Rep

I did notice one not so great thing. I'm 6'1 but was surprised on how intrusive the hood is in the view from the driver's seat. This was in the M4 but I guess it the same in the M3. Similar to the F10 but not as wide and long. A bit dissapointing, I was hoping for more fall-off and a slightly better view. Not a deal breaker but still.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 02:54 AM   #62
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
this gen BMWs seem to have great level of detail in their design. when I am up close I think wow what a machine. But when I see it 10-20 feet away it is blah. Previous generation were less of a detail but more in overall design. I don't know, I am getting ready to spend 60K on a car and I am more excited about Macan S than M3 (please don't tell me these are different categories - I know, but this is how I feel about the F3x cars)

Yup I know that feeling. For the first time the BMWs did not tag at me. I have had every model from 87-2007 ones. Even had E46 M3 Lemon that I traded for a 330ci. Now for the first time I feel no desire to trade my E92 for the new ones. I still only have 45K miles on it, so maybe its because it still feels so fresh, but doubt it, I think the designs have just gone from elegant to blah! I will wait for M3/M4 to get to dealers so I can test drive first. Completely torn. I want new Range Rover Sport Supercharged, but hate the rear, I also want the Macan, but good luck getting that till maybe 2016. So looks like choices are Range Rover or M3/M4. Or both! If I gate the Range Rover, my E92 stays also. If I get M3/M4 the E92 will be sold and I will think about what SUV to get. A friend recommended forget all those go for slightly used Panamera Turbo. I am just not a Porsche guy, and I think that thing would be like trying to buy human liver to maintain. I will pay for a badge within reason, but Porsche probably way too much of a stretch. My friend laughed saying, "The two cars you want probably cost you more!" to which I responded that two cars are actually more for the money than one anyway.

Decisions decisions. Or wait to 2015 to decide.
      03-29-2014, 05:16 AM   #63
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
I wonder if the m3 LED headlights will fit into an F30?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 07:05 AM   #64
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
One thing I want to add, the M3's butt is actually pretty chunky to me, especially the lower part of it, the bumper, when viewed from an angle, not straight on. The M3 rear fenders are wide. But the M4 is pretty aggressive looking as well. Remember, both M3 and M4 have the same wheel width. I think M4's rear looks better, cleaner and more streamline. The M3's rear fenders look very wide because the original 3 Series is not as wide as the 4 Series.
I share your impressions regarding the rear ends of the cars, it was also my observation when I saw them IRL in Montreal.

Too bad the sales reps were such un-cooperative in Vancouver. In Montreal they were great. Cars were unlocked and I got the rep to show me the different lighting the LED provide. He took a good 20 minutes with me. They were very kind and friendly. I spent a good hour sitting in the cars and oogling them from every angle.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #65
JSP///M4C
Speedster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4C Sakhir Orange

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [6.00]
Awesome pictures! Looking forward to seeing either one of these on the road!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #66
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

I saw these same two beauties at the Calgary Auto Show. They have a few pre-production quirks. For instance the M4 (didn't look in the M3's) engine bay has metal jobber bracing instead of the CF and the M logos on the seats didn't illuminate. The Calgary presenters were super friendly with me and let me pretty much do anything but start them - including listening to the stereo. I felt sorry for some of the display models at the show having to endure mayhem munchkins reefing on door handles to try to get in the cars to be able to destroy the interiors. I didn't blame the BMW fellows for keeping the doors locked but they were very accomadating to anyone who might be a serious buyer. Telling them I had one on order and that I wanted to make sure that I wanted the M4 over the M3 got me pretty good access.

I came away with a deep conviction that I had made the right choice with the M4 and plunking my behind in the driver's seat for about an hour sure helped. Coupe sins were pretty muted in that the door was easy to open and the seat belt was easy to grab. There is no seat belt delivery thingee in these models which is all right by me. The seat, armrests and everything else felt custom made for me and that made me pretty happy that I didn't screw up buying a car without every having sat in it.

For the M3 crowd, the driver's seat felt more closed in with the smaller door than the M4 and it felt more like the car shrink wrapped around you when you sat in it. The M4, by contrast, felt more open and airy with the elongated door and the B pillar set further back. So though the M3 is supposed to be the better people hauler of the two, sitting in the M3 made you feel more like it was just you and the car. I forgot however to check the rear view in both cars and I am wondering if anyone found that the slopped window in the M4 cut off rearward visibility somewhat?