European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #199
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Pretty sure Tony's car is on used cars now.
We should ask Chris to check see if he recognises it - after all it was his cancelled order M3.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #200
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Quote:
Pretty sure Tony's car is on used cars now.
We should ask Chris to check see if he recognises it - after all it was his cancelled order M3.
Already have but the link didn't work that I sent him

I'm 99% sure it is his, the spec matches it
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #201
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

I really have had enough of this now...

They have had the car twice now, this time they have had it for 7 or 8 weeks, lost count now.

It went in on the 28th November and so far they have carried out the following work:

1. Stripped and rebuilt brakes (think replaced parts as well).
2. Replace shocks.
3. Replace suspension arms.
4. Replaced subframe bushings.
5. Carried out alignment with the winters on (tried to blame this indirectly)
6. Carried out alignment with CP wheels on (didn't make any difference).
7. Adjusted torque on something to do with diff.

Then waiting on someone to come and look at it for weeks, I mailed on the 13th & 14th Dec to BMWUK and BMW finance stating I would reject the car if this was not sorted out.

5th January I have had enough and let them know I'd like to formally reject the car. BMWUK say nothing to do with them and to contract the retailer. So forwarded the same rejection message to retailer.

BMW finance call to ask me what the problem is and they will get in touch with dealership trying to fix car. I tell them what has happened so far and that I have had enough and no longer want the car.

Last week BMWUK say they have spoken with dealership and there is no know fix at this present time and that the rejection will be started....

Today the dealership have started trying to fix the car again and I have been told it needs fixing regardless of whether i'm keeping it or not. Again I state I do not want the car back.

I'm so pissed off with this and I don't know what else to do, even if they fix the car now I don't want it back because of all the crap I have had with it and it's been ripped apart and put back again.

BMW have been extremely poor throughout and I have still not had anymore contact from them direct just what I hear from dealership and retailer, it's like piggy in the middle.

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #202
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:

They have had the car twice now, this time they have had it for 7 or 8 weeks, lost count now.

It went in on the 28th November and so far they have carried out the following work:

2. Replace shocks.

Then waiting on someone to come and look at it for weeks, I mailed on the 13th & 14th Dec to BMWUK and BMW finance stating I would reject the car if this was not sorted out.

5th January I have had enough and let them know I'd like to formally reject the car. BMWUK say nothing to do with them and to contract the retailer. So forwarded the same rejection message to retailer.

BMW finance call to ask me what the problem is and they will get in touch with dealership trying to fix car. I tell them what has happened so far and that I have had enough and no longer want the car.

Last week BMWUK say they have spoken with dealership and there is no know fix at this present time and that the rejection will be started....

Today the dealership have started trying to fix the car again and I have been told it needs fixing regardless of whether i'm keeping it or not. Again I state I do not want the car back.

I'm so pissed off with this and I don't know what else to do, even if they fix the car now I don't want it back because of all the crap I have had with it and it's been ripped apart and put back again.

BMW have been extremely poor throughout and I have still not had anymore contact from them direct just what I hear from dealership and retailer, it's like piggy in the middle.

Not good at all, really sorry you are still having issues and that BMW are not helping..

Have they given you any idea how long the rejection will take and if they are going to replace or refund?
      01-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #203
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Not good at all, really sorry you are still having issues and that BMW are not helping..

Have they given you any idea how long the rejection will take and if they are going to replace or refund?
Not got a clue, no idea what is going on now it's a total joke.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 04:15 PM   #204
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Yes indeed, sorry to hear you are having all these issues foggy. Anybody would think you'd bought a 10 grand car not a 60 odd grand car with the way you've been treated.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 1
ajfoggy1517.00
      01-18-2017, 04:35 AM   #205
Ashway
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RR Vogue Westminster

Quote:

2. Replace shocks.

I have recently rejected a car on behalf of my daughter via my local dealer, it was a 6 month old, (at the time of rejection) M135i.

The issue was a gearbox whine that is fairly well documented on the various forums (fora). Initially the gearbox was replaced under warranty with a modified unit, the replacement unit started to exhibit the same whine at approximately 3k miles which was when the first one started. The car was taken back into the dealership and was visited by an engineer from ZF, the up shot at this time was that we were told it was a characteristic of the gearbox. The trump card I had was that my son and daughter took delivery of more or less identical cars within two months of each other, his was perfect hers had gearbox whine on both original and replacement units.
After involvement from BMW UK it was agreed that she could have a factory order M140i at no cost (the 135i had been replaced by the 140i in the intervening period) and took delivery of the replacement vehicle last week.

I must say my local dealer Cooper Durham were superb throughout this process, keeping us informed of progress at every stage. At no stage did we fall out or reach a stand off. In terms of the rejection I detailed the chronology in a letter and stated I was formally rejecting the car, in our case we wanted a replacement rather than a refund and as the car was still driveable they said we could continue to use it till the replacement arrived.

I used a standard rejection template I obtained from the internet and although it was quite formal the dealer principle agreed it was needed to get the ball rolling.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 07:50 AM   #206
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:

2. Replace shocks.

Jesus that's an incredible amount of work not to fix the issue, what is the nature of the fault you're experiencing?

I mentioned earlier in the thread I think that I get a faint knocking noise over bumps from the rear which could be a shock issue, is that what they are trying to fix? I'm guessing not and that your car must be pretty undriveable /unsafe
      01-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #207
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

I think Scott's car got most of that above AND a software update too. Seemed to have fixed it so it proves it can be fixed (if indeed it is the same issue).

Mine is a lot better too after a shock replacement.

Its a pity the dealer cant fix foggy's car...........

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 03:29 AM   #208
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think Scott's car got most of that above AND a software update too. Seemed to have fixed it so it proves it can be fixed (if indeed it is the same issue).

Yes mine did have a lot of above however the bit that made the most difference was the shocks. Mine also went to BMW UK for the day and their technicians spent time on it.

Now after having it back for a couple of weeks mine is a million times better. However I do every now and again get the odd little knock but you have to be listening for it (with the radio off)

I am really happy with the car now, in fact I love it as the whatever they have done has really made a difference. I use to worry about rattles going over bumps etc but the car now feels like it's been built properly and the suspension just feels spot on. I don't think it feels as hard as before plus it's so much better than the loan M3 (no cp) I had which oddly I loved and was worrying about getting mine back..

The M3 loan had the knocking and it was really bad, it was also deadly!! I now know what everyone means about the sudden loss of traction in a straight line, did it to me without giving it the full beans..

Having driven both back to back I would pick the cp every time, it just feels so more planted and gets the power down a lot better. Still no where near where near as good as my 911 but that had the engine sat over the rears

I think driving the M3 made me realise how good mine was plus how bad the knocking can be. Whether mine is fixed is up for debate however I am extremely happy with it and that is all that matters
dopper993528.00
      01-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #209
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:

Yeah it seems crazy that they can't sort it out.
      01-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #210
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

My car is having the diff changed this week apparently.

I have told them i'm not really bothered now because I will not be having it back...

So that is probably the end of my M3 experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #211
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My car is having the diff changed this week apparently.

I have told them i'm not really bothered now because I will not be having it back...

So that is probably the end of my M3 experience.
Why on earth are they changing the diff?? They really just need to look at ordering you a new car, do you fancy an LCI 2.0 M3?
      01-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #212
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Why on earth are they changing the diff?? They really just need to look at ordering you a new car, do you fancy an LCI 2.0 M3?
I have know idea, didn't ask. What have they changed on the LCI? I know the M4 has the rear light update but couldn't see much else. Just headlights I guess to LED as standard. The problem is the tax on the new one.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 04:14 AM   #213
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I have know idea, didn't ask. What have they changed on the LCI? I know the M4 has the rear light update but couldn't see much else. Just headlights I guess to LED as standard. The problem is the tax on the new one.
I think you'll have road tax issues whatever new car you go for next.
(assuming it'll be over £40K list).

Unless you get a car already registered of course.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 05:10 AM   #214
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
I think you'll have road tax issues whatever new car you go for next.
(assuming it'll be over £40K list).

Unless you get a car already registered of course.
This is true and f'ing annoying as well..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 07:10 AM   #215
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I know the tax is a pain but it's only an extra £250 a year which when you are buying a £60k is not a lot.

I would be pushing for a new LCI
      01-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #216
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yes I understand the current M3 will align with the M4 LCI and get a few upgrades too - but can't remember what they are. Is one of them an updated idrive?

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #217
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I understand the current M3 will align with the M4 LCI and get a few upgrades too - but can't remember what they are. Is one of them an updated idrive?
New front lights, updated idrive and some other little bits. 666 wheels now available in black
      01-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #218
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Remember now, I think this is now an option. Now that does look interesting..............

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 03:42 AM   #219
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Remember now, I think this is now an option. Now that does look interesting..............

Not on the M3/M4 though!
      01-24-2017, 12:42 PM   #220
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Not on the M3/M4 though!
Oh! Why the hell not?!!

Current:
Golf R Mk8