Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #45
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

I have received tacit confirmation from BMW NA that Individual paint and interior orders are going to be accepted with the July production run (yes, for the M4) and have been advised for my dealer to submit the special order paperwork.

Just giving other folks a heads up. Again, I assume nothing is "official" until an Individual order has had its production status changed to 'in production' but that seems to be the info as of this morning.

Who knows, it could be incorrect.. But I do need my car asap so I am going to press my dealer to do it.

Oh yea, let me insert the 'beating a dead horse' emoticon since the Individual order process seems steeped in rumors and heresay and unofficial sources

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #46
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Just to add to the rumor mill I've just received word that I can take European Delivery of my Sakhir Orange m3 with Amaro Brown Individual interior in September. Details to follow.

**Pricing is as follows for the "semi-individual" colors as seen on page one of this post as I've just been told:

Amaro Brown Extended Merino Leather: $2382.00
Amaro Brown Full Merino Leather: $3735.00

It comes out to only $175 more residualized into my lease over standard full leather + executive package, which is great!

I will update once anything really becomes official, this was just a casual email from my sales associate, so please consider it only another exciting crazy rumor for now!

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #47
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
Just to add to the rumor mill I've just received word that I can take European Delivery of my Sakhir Orange m3 with Amaro Brown Individual interior in September. Details to follow.

**Pricing is as follows for the "semi-individual" colors as seen on page one of this post as I've just been told:

It comes out to only $175 more residualized into my lease over standard full leather + executive package, which is great!

I will update once anything really becomes official, this was just a casual email from my sales associate, so please consider it only another exciting crazy rumor for now!
Do the prices posted assume that the exec package option box is checked? Or are those stand-alone prices.

Last edited by rubber_ducky; 06-25-2014 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #48
BhamDavid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:

Does this include the FULL leather dash (includes leather on glove box door area) which is a $950 option on the F30? I suspect it does not since your price above is only $150 more than the non-individual, full leather interior which does not have the glove box area leather covered.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #49
brianeck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamDavid View Post
Does this include the FULL leather dash (includes leather on glove box door area) which is a $950 option on the F30? I suspect it does not since your price above is only $150 more than the non-individual, full leather interior.
I'm not 100% sure yet. "Full leather dash" is "Full Leather" to my understanding, and it is discounted by **I believe $1250 when you order with the executive package. I promise I will post actual numbers as soon as I have them, as I'm currently leasing my 650i GC I had my mom cosign my m3 lease, and I've just been told I apparently I have to either get her off it or bring her to Munich with me hahahaha. . . I was worried I would be cutting it close to approval with the second lease, and as I plan on doing SwapaLease with my current car my credit needs to take a heavy crunch to accommodate the transition. Once they rerun everything I will let you guys know what is up.

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #50
BhamDavid
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Thanks... Keep us updated. You are the first to have pricing on the Individual leathers.

Photo of standard full leather dash:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CGcQMyhAMEA

Note leather is limited to area above glove box door. Extended leather would not have the red leather strip on dash at all.

Even fuller leather dash:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CCAQMygCMAI
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #51
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Amaro Brown interior

Quote:
Cool. I wish I'd had the patience to wait, but wanted my car sooner than that. That appears to be a very nice color.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:57 PM   #52
brianeck
Rep

Quote:
Thanks... Keep us updated. You are the first to have pricing on the Individual leathers.

Photo of standard full leather dash:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CGcQMyhAMEA

Note leather is limited to area above glove box door. Extended leather would not have the red leather strip on dash at all.

Even fuller leather dash:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CCAQMygCMAI
Thanks for the pics and further explanation. I definitely want the extra leather, and if its another tick box for $950 I will definitely be going for it. They really don't do a great job explaining the differences between the leather varieties, and this is the first mention I've seen of the "secret super FULL full leather" option

It sounds to me as if July individual builds are officially on, because the only reason I can't get my car in August is that either all the ED spots are full. I may very well be picking it up the first week of September. Again, once I get the full info I will definitely let everyone know as I know there are a lot of people very interested in Individual Ordering and as of now this seems to be the most up to date info (most up to date rumors!).

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #53
pb12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

I've just found out that my M3 has been pushed to week 34 (GAH!) wondering if I could get a true individual exterior color or is that still a 2015 rollout? Its a little confusing with these semi individual exterior colors, then frozen colors then true individual colors....

M
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 01:29 AM   #54
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb12 View Post
I've just found out that my M3 has been pushed to week 34 (GAH!) wondering if I could get a true individual exterior color or is that still a 2015 rollout? Its a little confusing with these semi individual exterior colors, then frozen colors then true individual colors....

M
True Individual exterior colors are accepted this July and Frozen colors will be available early next year.

Attached Images

Last edited by biglare; 06-28-2014 at 02:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #55
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

I wouldn't mind doing SO stitching...wonder how much they would hit you for that?

Def have time to add it, I'm like week 38.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #56
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Well, with my car just a week away from delivery, I obviously was not able to participate or take advantage of any of the individual options.
Knowing full well my impatience wasn't going to do me any favors with regard the new individual program options when I started this thread, I feel it is my civic duty to point out the downsides to doing anything you might be on the fence with, pertaining to individual specifications.
For one, it can make resale a bit more challenging, depending on a number of variables. But if your debating on a color not typical of the masses, keep this in mind.
Two, heaven forbid you have any damage or touch up work that needs to be done. If your choosing an extremely unique color, it might be more difficult for your shop/dealer to get the paint, as well as blend it perfectly. Not saying they can not do it, it just may not be as simple or readily available (and possibly more expensive) than some of the standard colors. And lastly, well that's pretty much all I have. I am just jealous as I did have a couple items I would have liked to use the individual program with, so I apologize the shade of green from envy wasn't available for me at my initial time of order...
Carry on, and look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 09:57 PM   #57
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Was at the dealer today, they still have nothing in regard to being able to order anything Individual wise.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 06:45 AM   #58
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I would rather pay 2k for Tanzanite Blue than 550 for YMB... But 5k is out of my budget.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #59
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J50
Was at the dealer today, they still have nothing in regard to being able to order anything Individual wise.
The marketing director for BMW USA said they should be able to begin utilizing the individual program options mid-July. They were still sorting out pricing/packages as I believe they plan to create some package options as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #60
Uneedthis2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-sport

BMW David told me this over the weekend when I asked if they knew pricing on Individual Colors

"The M5 has a special palette of Individual colors reserved for at a discount. These can be found at bmwusa.com. With either model, if you would like a color not found on the website, then the option is $5000."

Someone in the Tanzanite blue thread posted that it'd be 1800, clearly that's not the way it's going to be.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #61
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79 View Post
The marketing director for BMW USA said they should be able to begin utilizing the individual program options mid-July. They were still sorting out pricing/packages as I believe they plan to create some package options as well.
Sounds good, guess we'll find out soon enough.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #62
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J50
Quote:
Sounds good, guess we'll find out soon enough.
Indeed. What individual options will you be getting if you don't mind my asking?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #63
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Indeed. What individual options will you be getting if you don't mind my asking?
If they decide to offer different color stitching....thought possibly doing SO.

Really depends on cost as well, $1k I can deal with. If much more than that I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #64
BhamDavid
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Please keep us updated. I'm committed to holding off my order until I can get the Amaro Brown interior.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #65
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by J50 View Post
If they decide to offer different color stitching....thought possibly doing SO.

Really depends on cost as well, $1k I can deal with. If much more than that I don't know.
FYI, contrast color stitching on the E9x M3 was over $3000 if I recall correctly. There were several cars ordered with Blue stitching on a Blue M3 and then Green on a Java Green M3 with the MSRP cost over $3000 for just the stitching. Hopefully, the cost will be better on this newer M3/M4.

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #66
brianeck
Rep

Quote:
Please keep us updated. I'm committed to holding off my order until I can get the Amaro Brown interior.
I'm itching to get a response from my SA today about my secondary standalone double lease credit check. I would be surprised if I don't get back official pricing soon. I also asked about the "super secret extra full leather" on the glovebox and stuff.

Appreciate 0