GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

02-01-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

AB: Track events 2017

The February winter blahs has me thinking of the Spring and getting back on the track again.

I'm sure there are a group of Alberta guys on here that regularly track their cars, F8x or otherwise, so I figured I'd post up to see if there was a group or any events lined up. I'll likely sign up for the various Castrol lapping days put on by Track Junkies, but post up if there are other lapping events or organizations putting track days on. Maybe I'm late to the party, but it would be a good time to get a few M3/4's out there.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:26 PM   #2
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep

Based on the overwhelming response, it may be me soloing in a BMW, the Porsche club guys, the Subaru's and the Honda's out there. I'll take this to the Alberta FB group closer to track season.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
coolmody
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW/SO F80 M3

I have done events at Castrol with Track Junkies and find that it's well run, but gets on the expensive side if you are going frequently and don't instruct. I also find their sessions (4x20 min) sessions are short and feel rushed since there is such a long wait time between them.

I now run with a local group that rents the track out privately, and we head up from Calgary once a month. This year we are also visiting a track in Washington at the beginning of the season which should be a ton of fun!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #4
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmody View Post
I have done events at Castrol with Track Junkies and find that it's well run, but gets on the expensive side if you are going frequently and don't instruct. I also find their sessions (4x20 min) sessions are short and feel rushed since there is such a long wait time between them.

I now run with a local group that rents the track out privately, and we head up from Calgary once a month. This year we are also visiting a track in Washington at the beginning of the season which should be a ton of fun!
Nice.

Yeah, pretty typical in terms of rushed sessions and tons of waiting around. If your group wants an additional body along when you're at Castrol, just shoot me a PM. Happy to share the rental cost.
Appreciate 0