BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-26-2014, 04:59 AM   #1
KingsleySmith
Nous Defions
Rep
Drives: M4 vert

Monroney/EPA, Release for vert

Morning all,
My SA got around to emailing me my latest car status. Better then I originally thought, car went into production 7/24 @ 0536, an entire day before what I was thinking. My question is on the "holds" section of the vehicle inquiry mine has Monroney/EPA, Release. I understand what this reference's, but I was under the impression this had been completed with the coupe. Or is it required, again, since this is a vert? I was also wondering if BMW did this for any official launch date for the vert? I have not seen one for stateside delivery; I know ciaranob mentioned a date like Sept 12th for ED. ciaranob does your paperwork also reference this hold? And have you, or anyone else for that matter, heard of any stateside release date? I believe you are the only other person with a vert in the works right now.

Does anyone getting an M4 now, in production, have this same statement on your paperwork?

I'll post my status page as I do not want anyone here to think I'm trolling ya'll along. I'm posting this question early, won't be able to respond too anything till later this afternoon. The wife and I are heading up to Charleston for the day.

Thanks all and have a good day.

K

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by KingsleySmith; 07-26-2014 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: image did not post
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsleySmith View Post
Morning all,
My SA got around to emailing me my latest car status. Better then I originally thought, car went into production 7/24 @ 0536, an entire day before what I was thinking. My question is on the "holds" section of the vehicle inquiry mine has Monroney/EPA, Release. I understand what this reference's, but I was under the impression this had been completed with the coupe. Or is it required, again, since this is a vert? I was also wondering if BMW did this for any official launch date for the vert? I have not seen one for stateside delivery; I know ciaranob mentioned a date like Sept 12th for ED. ciaranob does your paperwork also reference this hold? And have you, or anyone else for that matter, heard of any stateside release date? I believe you are the only other person with a vert in the works right now.

Does anyone getting an M4 now, in production, have this same statement on your paperwork?

I'll post my status page as I do not want anyone here to think I'm trolling ya'll along. I'm posting this question early, won't be able to respond too anything till later this afternoon. The wife and I are heading up to Charleston for the day.

Thanks all and have a good day.

K

[IMG][/IMG]
Will check and get back with you ...
      07-26-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

For reference here is a similar thread which suggests you likely will not have an issue but just reflects one of the earliest vert builds for the US market - doubt that you will be held up.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1004743
      07-26-2014, 09:18 AM   #4
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Here are my details, well the relevant ones! I too have this hold but not at all worried about it - of course I won't be getting it stateside for a long time after yours arrives.
Attached Images

Last edited by ciaranob; 07-26-2014 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #5
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Here is my details, well the relevant ones! I too have this hold but not at all worried about it - of course I won't be getting it stateside for a long time after yours arrives.
How'd you get ahold of that screen? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
How'd you get ahold of that screen? Thanks!
Yeah have my own DSCNet access! - NOT
Just asked the CA to give me a screen dump of status same as OP.
      07-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
KingsleySmith
Nous Defions
Rep
Drives: M4 vert

Thanks ciaranob,
I had read that link you posted and a couple concerning the EPA. I know the S55 has been approved, so I'm hoping this transfers over to the vert. It should, but who knows with our government. If everything worked perfect for this car, I could expect to have it by the end of August. Which would work out really good as we will be in Greenville at that time anyway. If I hit a snag, looking at mid September. I'll find out what dates I can do PCD on Monday.

K
Appreciate 0