ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

08-21-2014, 03:06 AM   #1
Jez_zza
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

My AW F80

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
After a long wait I have finally received my AW M3 F80. I have been driving the car about 2 weeks now and would like to share my impressions so far.

Looks exterior: coming from an E92 I was really worried about getting a sedan and my preference was the M4. However with a baby on the way, practicality won over looks. I have to say that I’m not disappointed. The car is just stunning and has an incredible “presence” on the road. I had it parked next to a white F30 and you can really see that this is a different animal. My wife who is not into cars really likes it and I also get a lot of attention when driving it. A few people have been taking pictures so far and I even received compliments from kids... well, they count

Sound: I like it. I have read many threads on this and agree with what the majority of owners are saying. Reserve your judgement until you sit in the car instead of relying on youtube videos. Since I’m still in the break in period I have not yet gone over 5000 rpm but really like the sound on Sport + mode.
Yes I do miss the old V8, especially since you don’t hear many of those in Europe but in the end I’m very pleased with the end result. I have also managed 600Km with a full tank and that’s quite an achievement for 430BHP car!

Color: This was a difficult decision and I spent a couple of weeks thinking about it but in the end went with Alpine White. I was very tempted by Mineral White but after seeing both colors side by side went for the AW which looks sportier.

Interior: I went with the full-extended leather ($3.000 option) instead of the LED package. I’m really glad I went with this option and the interior looks just amazing and really differentiates the car from the F30. Shame the extended leather does not cover the entire doors instead of the top.. But that’s a detail really. Leather is top notch quality.
Seats remind me of a C63 and that’s a very good thing.

Drive: I opted for the adaptive suspension but don’t see a huge difference between the various modes. However the ride is smoother than on the E92 and I’m glad since this car will be my daily drive.
There is some wind noise from 120km/h but that’s not too disruptive.
The steering is precise and I set my preference to Sport. Sport + is too heavy and comfort to numb.

Engine: Wow !!!!!!!!! This thing is fast. I was initially disappointed when I first read about the power increase (+9hp) and did not think the torque increase would be so noticeable… I was wrong. That car pulls like no other and there is always power on tap. I can’t wait to track it.

Mods to come:
M performance spoiler next week (white).
Tint in September
Black gloss kidney grills September
Black side gills and black diffuser (December / Santa)

To sum up, I have been waiting and saving for this car for years (wife can confirm). The car exceeded all my expectations and I feel very privileged to own it.
This forum was a great source of information and with your feedback I was able to fine tune my order.. so thank you all!

Couple of observations:

I have set the lights on automatic. When going into a tunnel the low beam lights come on as expected but they don’t come off automatically. I need to wait a good 3 to 5 minutes before they go back to daytime running lights. I did not have this issue with my E92. Is there a set up in the iDrive to correct this? If not, I’ll address is with my dealer.

Exterior mirrors should tilt downwards when reversing so you can keep an eye on the curb. Only the passenger mirror is tilting and not the driver one! Am I doing something wrong here?

BMW remote functionality has been disabled in Spain. Customer service confirmed that yesterday. I am annoyed since I was looking forward to using this app.

Couple of pictures .. sorry not the best quality (iPhone)
Name:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  603.0 KB

Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  552.3 KB

Name:  photo 4.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  657.8 KB

Name:  photo 5.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  583.2 KB

Name:  photo 6.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  506.4 KB

Name:  photo 7.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  494.1 KB

Name:  photo 8.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  493.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 03:33 AM   #2
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Congrats! Looks amazing
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 05:05 AM   #3
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Car looks great. Congrats.

I didn't read your entire post, but in regards to the tilting mirror, in the US it's typically the passenger side mirror only. I the that manufactures assume that you'll be parking on a street with two way traffic. So here that means that you'll always have the passenger side of the car against the curb
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

Nice. You are going to need it with a baby. Great color. Enjoy modding.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #5
Vossen wheels
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i N55

I love the F80! I may have to get one for myself Great choice.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #6
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Is that matte trim? I don't know if I've noticed but I thought it was gloss. Perhaps its only like that in the states. Love AW, great car, enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
Jez_zza
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335 View Post
Is that matte trim? I don't know if I've noticed but I thought it was gloss. Perhaps its only like that in the states. Love AW, great car, enjoy!
Thanks for the feedback and yes it's matte trim
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
Lynchmob6
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO/SO F80 & 135 M-Sport

Garage List
Congratulations…looks really good!
///M3 SO/SO / MT / 19" Black Alloys / Executive Pkg. / Lighting Pkg. / Adaptive Suspension / Enhanced USB / HK / Full Front XPEL / 35 Tint / MODS: Custom painted engine cover and grill surrounds, Pedal Haus Kit, M-Performance Alcantara shifter/boot & e-brake boot, carbon e-brake handle, wrapped seat shells/rear headrests, M-Performance Spoiler with CRT Stripe.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
haynstyleM2
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

Looking good! Congrats and enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #10
Drizz
Lieutenant
Rep