Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #23
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
The classification was going to be a lot more exclusive with various advantages but then BMW opened it up and it kinda of lost its luster IMO.
If I understand, then the value story to the customer would be:

You're best off with us for your M car purchase and maintenance because:
(1.) we know everything about them due to special training
(2.) we can order special colors, features, etc you can't get from other dealers
(3.) we have value-add services (maybe track stuff, etc) you can't get elsewhere

That all means a significant investment by BMWNA, the dealers, or both to market, roll out, and maintain the program. That's the "give"; the "get" is those dealers get higher volume of higher margin sales.

Of course it also requires an agreement with BMW AG to support the program and that this won't impact sales, in fact it'll improve them.

So how about the customer? Well we'd all have to agree there was value in #1,2,3 above that's worth paying for (unless you planned to pay for the program in volume).

My guess is the program isn't around because nobody could show/prove that customers valued 1/2/3 above, thus the cards all collapse. Alternatively, I'm just makin shit up and have no idea what I'm talking about.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #24
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
If I understand, then the value story to the customer would be:

You're best off with us for your M car purchase and maintenance because:
(1.) we know everything about them due to special training
(2.) we can order special colors, features, etc you can't get from other dealers
(3.) we have value-add services (maybe track stuff, etc) you can't get elsewhere

That all means a significant investment by BMWNA, the dealers, or both to market, roll out, and maintain the program. That's the "give"; the "get" is those dealers get higher volume of higher margin sales.

Of course it also requires an agreement with BMW AG to support the program and that this won't impact sales, in fact it'll improve them.

So how about the customer? Well we'd all have to agree there was value in #1,2,3 above that's worth paying for (unless you planned to pay for the program in volume).

My guess is the program isn't around because nobody could show/prove that customers valued 1/2/3 above, thus the cards all collapse. Alternatively, I'm just makin shit up and have no idea what I'm talking about.
I suspect BMW would never allow #1 to hold true, else it will be liable for inept service performed on ///M cars at other dealerships.

Personally, I would pay more for #3, but likely during service, not at the point of purchasing the car.

That leaves #2 as something that has to underpin the value-proposition of M-certified dealerships. That probably was the intend way back when, but does not appear to be the reality these days. Therefore, the dealerships that took the bath on opening ///M Certified showrooms are now stuck trying to re-coop the costs by padding in higher margins on their cars.

I can definitely see it from their perspective (they may have gotten shafted by BMW NA), but at the same time, I can't justify personally paying extra for "experience' designation without substance.

a

Last edited by afadeev; 12-23-2014 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0