Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-17-2018, 07:13 AM   #1
Minimann
Private
Rep
Drives: Mineral white M4

Can I modify my leased vehicle in the UK?

Hi all,

I am looking to fit some 12mm spacers, eibach springs and cyba tips.

My question is whethet or not this would cause an issue with my finance agreement with BMW? I assume as long as i hand it back as stock, then it will be ok to go for service checks etc.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 07:31 AM   #2
MMMCOOKIES55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP/ '16 ATS-V

lol, you will be just fine. It always comes down to How your relationship is with your Advisor. A healthy relationship always goes a very long way. The last 4 BMW's ive had, ive had aftermarket turbos, catless downpipes, blah blah blah and they still covered everything under the factory warranty.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
Jimbooo
UK F82 owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY16 F82 M4

mines on a PCP with BMWfs and ive got plenty of mods. no issues when its been into a dealer for service but then again BMWfs has no connection to the main dealers, they are just a money lender. even if they did have issue they would never find out unless you told them.

all they care about is that you pay them back and if you dont they can repossess the car and sell it for market value (or a shit load less as the case my be).

do what you want mate. the main consideration is your insurance. i would 100% tell them about everything. its a lot of car to have an uninsured loss if you write it off and they blame the spacers etc.. .(mine is all declared and didnt cost much more after a shop around)
      01-17-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
barleyM4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Yas Blue M4

Looking for springs and spacers? check out my for sale.... http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1457753
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 03:53 AM   #5
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I know someone whos wrote off car was mapped dps aftermarket alloys tints and no issue raised.

Engineer visited car at recovery company and just made sure tires were legal and filed report to insurance company. If it goes into a restoration building they may look at it more carefully. Bit of a risk.