Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

06-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #89
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdss6
Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
Outstanding pics!

From photos, it seems MG hides the CF roof a bit. Is that the experience in person is there still evident contrast? (...he asked, recognizing the limits of photography...)
Thanks. For sure MG is the lowest contrast with the CF roof, and to me this is one of the draws of MG. I expected it to be with BS, but the roof is more gray than black.

I frankly do not like MG on the regular F3X, and had ruled it out for that reason. But "the devil is in the details" and there are enough differences in the F8X (bulges, curves, the roof, the wheels) that make the color much more appealing on this design. I'd seen multiple pictures where I thought MG looked good, but didn't trust them. Now that I've seen it in person, it looked good.

But eating some crow on my prior critique of BMW's colorists - all of the colors looked good in person in sunlight. I won't go so far as to say there is something for everyone because even if YMB looks good it isn't the same thing as an Estoril or other such deeper blue. But this initial selection is pretty decent.
Thanks again for the info.
      06-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #90
prestonf30
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3

wow
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 11:22 AM   #91
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex
Were there any hot laps done by Sabine? Didn't see any pics or anyone mentioning anything about that.
We are all just starting to get back home to USA and we have tons of Epic video footage coming to BIMMERPOST soon enough. We even had a video crew in addition to all the Go pro footage. We
Will gather all into a pro made film. Just hang tight and get your popcorn ready everyone because your jaw will drop like never before when you see what we got for you!!
      06-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #92
ALPINA B5
Banned
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: the subway. otherwise the bmw.

sweet sweet manual
Appreciate 0