R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
Tom888
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6 M50i

M4 Side mirror turn signal part #?

Hey all, so long story short - my M4 was involved in an accident back in December when someone lost control of their car on the highway and slam into my passenger side. The damage was pretty extensive with airbags on passenger side deploying and front right suspension completely destroyed. But the car's been in a BMW CCRC for a while now due to mostly waiting on parts. The suspension is all repaired (replaced) and it's finally been painted and going to be reassembled but they call me yesterday saying they need to order the LED light for the turn signal on the right side mirror and said that part is backordered until 3/2. I did some research and found that part # 63137280772 is the auxiliary turn signal for the 4 series but upon looking further it seems that the M4 parts catalog doesn't list a part for just the light, rather it lists the part for the entire lower housing (http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/F8...ror/#7848776_2). Anyone know for certain if the turn signal light can be replace or does the entire lower mirror needs to be ordered?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom888 View Post
Hey all, so long story short - my M4 was involved in an accident back in December when someone lost control of their car on the highway and slam into my passenger side. The damage was pretty extensive with airbags on passenger side deploying and front right suspension completely destroyed. But the car's been in a BMW CCRC for a while now due to mostly waiting on parts. The suspension is all repaired (replaced) and it's finally been painted and going to be reassembled but they call me yesterday saying they need to order the LED light for the turn signal on the right side mirror and said that part is backordered until 3/2. I did some research and found that part # 63137280772 is the auxiliary turn signal for the 4 series but upon looking further it seems that the M4 parts catalog doesn't list a part for just the light, rather it lists the part for the entire lower housing (http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/F8...ror/#7848776_2). Anyone know for certain if the turn signal light can be replace or does the entire lower mirror needs to be ordered?
I suspect they are using the term LED to refer to the entire part.

The part you listed, 63137280772, does not show F8x compatibility
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 02-21-2018 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
Tom888
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6 M50i

IK6SPEED - yeah that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping that maybe they can take the housing apart and replace just the light. I think I'll give them another call to see which they are actually referring to. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 12:24 AM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom888 View Post
IK6SPEED - yeah that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping that maybe they can take the housing apart and replace just the light. I think I'll give them another call to see which they are actually referring to. Thanks!
Call the junk yards....or look on eBay.
Appreciate 0