European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #45
eandy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
The dealership is going to be your best bet
Whats the cost for that in the US? Back in UK dealerships charge around $170 for that. Only for it to then be overwritten with BM3.

Hoping this server update will resolve my issue
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #46
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by materialdistractions View Post
I'm relatively knew to this. Can PTF update the DME to the latest version or do we have to find other means?
For those local to our facility in Anaheim, we can also update DMEs in-house. No dealer visit necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandy View Post
Whats the cost for that in the US? Back in UK dealerships charge around $170 for that. Only for it to then be overwritten with BM3.

Hoping this server update will resolve my issue
We charge $95. Car is programmed and stabilized with Fronius power supply for safety.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #47
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
I can't get the website to open
I guess there are a lot of us on it right now.
We were pushing an update about an hour ago If ever down its just maintenance and upgrades in progress and its back up pretty quick. With the offline flasher now server doesn't play a huge role for most people unless custom tuning with a tuner or trying to activate.

Quote:
I can get it to open but keeps telling me my software is out of date (only installed it today) new laptop, latest Java, latest Java Developer Kit, Agent Download, my BM version matches the OBD version on the front page.

So it fails the moment I try to activate the key.
That warning about the OBD agent version being outdated should now be fixed. Feel free to ping our support portal for anything you may find at any time and we'll look into it asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Took a while but I got through and ordered.

Again, is cold start still part of CS, GTS and stage 1 tune. Hoping it is.

Also, it does work on the Mac correct.
Cold start is OEM for CS and GTS. Stage 1 also keeps cold start on as its meant for a factory hardware care with stock catalytic converters in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agirak View Post
For anyone getting the DME error, this is what I've found out.

They're just updating servers with the very latest software versions to match all DME versions. Its a large download so it'll be a couple hours.

Worst case scenario, you will need to update your DME to the latest version via BMW tool or dealership.
Quote:
I'm relatively knew to this. Can PTF update the DME to the latest version or do we have to find other means?
Quote:
Justin's got it. We have a ton of data in our system at this point including now two years of bench unlock stock reads so if we don't have it right now in this moment ping us on support and we'll go digging We've just pushed a bunch of data out again and we'll be adding more in a couple hours today as well. If for any reason after all this the system doesn't find an exact match just an update of the car to the latest software is best. We were going to add that into BM3 but given all the other ECUs in the car and all the updates factory releases might as well get the whole car updated to the latest. It'll be pretty rare though on the S55 to see. We expect to run into this more on the N55 especially earlier PWG models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOZKAN View Post
Congrats on the new offline flasher and obd unlock, the only thing which I didn't like coming from JB4 was the inconvenience between tune selections and now I'm eager to have more maps!

One question in my mind though, if this GTS roar became a part of all your maps, I wonder if I'm the only one complaining about start/stop gts roar? When on bumper to bumper traffic it's impossible to drive the car using start/stop because every time the car makes a gts roar and I need to wait idle to settle before moving again. It creates problem on the traffic and if I try to move right away the car kind of kicks back due to rpm being high for to move. My car is DCT.
It works on a timer and engine temp. It won't do it every single time and, come on, don't use the start/stop feature, its an M!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #48
m4journey
Private
Rep
Drives: f82

Quote:
Yes.

Seems from above at least 6 of us having the same issues. No idea if helps but this is my software version.

I also got the same vehicle software details!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #49
asimba
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Quick question. If I have downpipes and I flash it back to stock, would the car throw CEL? Because if I have to take my car to service for whatever reason and have to throw it back to stock, I don’t want the CEL to pop while they have the car.
Or any tips to avoid this are appreciated!
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:17 PM   #50
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Yes.

Seems from above at least 6 of us having the same issues. No idea if helps but this is my software version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4journey View Post
Please feel free to reach out to us on our support portal so we can support these requests more appropriately. Very quickly, looking at those versions you've got a fairly old version on the car currently. Unless you already have, please open a ticket with your VIN so we can get back to you accordingly:

https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/servi...tomer/portal/1

You can click on the General Tech Support link there and send us your software version details, just a screenshot, and we'll go digging and advise accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:20 PM   #51
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
We found it. Should be up shortly
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #52
jwoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competetion

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Quote:
We were pushing an update about an hour ago If ever down its just maintenance and upgrades in progress and its back up pretty quick. With the offline flasher now server doesn't play a huge role for most people unless custom tuning with a tuner or trying to activate.

Quote:
I can get it to open but keeps telling me my software is out of date (only installed it today) new laptop, latest Java, latest Java Developer Kit, Agent Download, my BM version matches the OBD version on the front page.

That warning about the OBD agent version being outdated should now be fixed. Feel free to ping our support portal for anything you may find at any time and we'll look into it asap.

Quote:

Cold start is OEM for CS and GTS. Stage 1 also keeps cold start on as its meant for a factory hardware care with stock catalytic converters in place.

Quote:

They're just updating servers with the very latest software versions to match all DME versions. Its a large download so it'll be a couple hours.

Worst case scenario, you will need to update your DME to the latest version via BMW tool or dealership.
Quote:
Quote:
Justin's got it. We have a ton of data in our system at this point including now two years of bench unlock stock reads so if we don't have it right now in this moment ping us on support and we'll go digging We've just pushed a bunch of data out again and we'll be adding more in a couple hours today as well. If for any reason after all this the system doesn't find an exact match just an update of the car to the latest software is best. We were going to add that into BM3 but given all the other ECUs in the car and all the updates factory releases might as well get the whole car updated to the latest. It'll be pretty rare though on the S55 to see. We expect to run into this more on the N55 especially earlier PWG models.

Quote:
Congrats on the new offline flasher and obd unlock, the only thing which I didn't like coming from JB4 was the inconvenience between tune selections and now I'm eager to have more maps!

One question in my mind though, if this GTS roar became a part of all your maps, I wonder if I'm the only one complaining about start/stop gts roar? When on bumper to bumper traffic it's impossible to drive the car using start/stop because every time the car makes a gts roar and I need to wait idle to settle before moving again. It creates problem on the traffic and if I try to move right away the car kind of kicks back due to rpm being high for to move. My car is DCT.
It works on a timer and engine temp. It won't do it every single time and, come on, don't use the start/stop feature, its an M!
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

is there anyway to delete the cold start from the GTS or stage 1 tune?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #53
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Subscribed! Only winners in this is us!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #54
parabmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

When we go back to stock do we get the original stock file? Is it saved somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:33 PM   #55
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoo View Post
is there anyway to delete the cold start from the GTS or stage 1 tune?
We'll have a screen for end user adjustable settings for cold start and burble. Its long overdue but its finally back on the table now that obd unlock is out in the wild. In the meantime you can just click on the OTS Map and click the "Req. Update" button on it, add a comment that you'd like to disable it and shoot it over to us through bm3. We'll update it and send it back and you flash the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabmw View Post
When we go back to stock do we get the original stock file? Is it saved somewhere?
You'd activate with factory stock software, exact match to what is on your DME at the time of activation. If you uninstall that's what goes back on the car, in stock form.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #56
Agirak
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
We found it. Should be up shortly
Can you tell if mine is outdated as well?
Attached Images

02-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #57
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cfd bmr View Post
I was going to use the ENET cable + Ethernet to USB converter + the Samsung USB to MicroUSB converter to my Galaxy S7 edge. That said, I've not gotten a chance to perform the install yet. Also, it appears PTF alluded to the Android and iOS apps being updated. I'm still on v09.37 so I think I need v09.45 or later.

I'll probably just use my windows laptop to do the OBD Unlock first and load the maps and then use my phone for any map updates.
Thanks... A quick look and I'll probably just use ethernet to USB C on my Note.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #58
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Quote:
it's not a deal breaker at all since I love bm3 and the support that I'm getting from you.

Mostly I'm turning it off but considering the fact that I'm using the car as a daily driver in bumper to bumper traffic every day, in a country where I buy a gallon of shitty 91oct gas for 5.2$, somehow solving it would be nice. By the way, it does it every time..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #59
jwoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competetion

Quote:
We'll have a screen for end user adjustable settings for cold start and burble. Its long overdue but its finally back on the table now that obd unlock is out in the wild. In the meantime you can just click on the OTS Map and click the "Req. Update" button on it, add a comment that you'd like to disable it and shoot it over to us through bm3. We'll update it and send it back and you flash the update.

You'd activate with factory stock software, exact match to what is on your DME at the time of activation. If you uninstall that's what goes back on the car, in stock form.
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. Do I need to pay extra to get an update for the GTS file to delete the cold start?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #60
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
These are ready to rock!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #61
eandy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

fantastic service.

And regarding my DME issue for software fail I had pinged an e-mail to support (even mentioned I appreciate you probably are getting a few a minute to work through!) but if servers are updating etc, I'll give it a go in a bit and see if works now on the activation.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #62
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Can you tell if mine is outdated as well?
You're good to go now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
Thanks... A quick look and I'll probably just use ethernet to USB C on my Note.
Make sure to use an ethernet to USB-C adapter sold by Apple (Apple Store). Generic ones out there require special drivers etc and in most cases only work on Windows. The apple ethernet to usb adapters have proven themselves to work without any special installation/drivers across both Mac and Windows just FYI.

Quote:
it's not a deal breaker at all since I love bm3 and the support that I'm getting from you.

Mostly I'm turning it off but considering the fact that I'm using the car as a daily driver in bumper to bumper traffic every day, in a country where I buy a gallon of shitty 91oct gas for 5.2$, somehow solving it would be nice. By the way, it does it every time..
If its fuel economy then there were interestingly a number of studies done on the auto start/stop non of which showed any measurable savings in using that feature. The feature is just there for emissions reasons as engine startup is funny when it comes to emissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoo View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. Do I need to pay extra to get an update for the GTS file to delete the cold start?
No sir. Those are handled free and we hope to have the screen in the app/web done asap so you can do these yourself when/if required without sending us a request.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #63
e92_alex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Fix me!..please...

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #64
eandy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
These are ready to rock!
Just tried still same message as earlier. Perhaps I need to leave it a little longer.

Might give it a go in hour or so if get a chance else will try tomorrow morning (nearly 8pm here now)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:50 PM   #65
Agirak
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
You're good to go now

Nope, still not matching, I'm in my car trying it atm. Should I give it a few more minutes?
      02-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #66
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_alex View Post
Fix me!..please...

EU DCT Comp Package?
Appreciate 0