Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-20-2018, 04:24 AM   #1
DaytonavioletAndrew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 Daytona violet m3

F80Paul custom tune review. Definitely read if you're on the fence for a custom tune.

Hello all! Excuse me as the purpose of this is to review f80paul and not speak less off anyone else. I love both products. A little background on my car, 2016 m3 dct.Bought with 1200mi on the clock, First mods were downpipes, intakes, Followed soon by BM3 stg2 tune(installed with around 2k miles on car, which I had been living in California at the time and loving the tune!

Well, If you're still here with me(not a great writer I know lol) I moved back to Colorado about a year ago and now my car was running terribly. Cutting in and out, oscillating boost through the Rpms, just not drivable. After countless logging and going back and forth with PTF we got a map to work. THANK GOODNESS, I had power again. My ISSUES really arose under partial throttle, trying to feather throttle to keep consistent speed while its high in the Rpms(4kish) basically lining up against someone it would start to surge the car back and forth. After taking advantage of f80paul's amazing generosity to let me trial a map I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. My throttle feels stock(so smooth) all through the Rpms range. I haven't had it on a dyno yet but my butt dyno definitely tells me it's got a few more pucker ponies! 10/10 would recommend to anyone, e85 is what's next for me! thanks again @f80paul
Appreciate 3
domino_z1239.50
hdubf80143.50
Laoschris491.00
      03-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonavioletAndrew View Post
Hello all! Excuse me as the purpose of this is to review f80paul and not speak less off anyone else. I love both products. A little background on my car, 2016 m3 dct.Bought with 1200mi on the clock, First mods were downpipes, intakes, Followed soon by BM3 stg2 tune(installed with around 2k miles on car, which I had been living in California at the time and loving the tune!

Well, If you're still here with me(not a great writer I know lol) I moved back to Colorado about a year ago and now my car was running terribly. Cutting in and out, oscillating boost through the Rpms, just not drivable. After countless logging and going back and forth with PTF we got a map to work. THANK GOODNESS, I had power again. My ISSUES really arose under partial throttle, trying to feather throttle to keep consistent speed while its high in the Rpms(4kish) basically lining up against someone it would start to surge the car back and forth. After taking advantage of f80paul's amazing generosity to let me trial a map I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. My throttle feels stock(so smooth) all through the Rpms range. I haven't had it on a dyno yet but my butt dyno definitely tells me it's got a few more pucker ponies! 10/10 would recommend to anyone, e85 is what's next for me! thanks again @f80paul

The biggest issue is Altitude and that threw many curve balls into the maps.
different roms also had a bit of an issue as well.
that's all been sorted and sorted well with the current OTS maps.

Paul is a damn good tuner for sure and glad you like his maps, they work well and make great power, enough cant be said about this guy.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonavioletAndrew View Post

I'm in CO (Colorado Springs, to be exact), running a JB4 on my M. Interested in this tune. Can you send me the details on how you got it, where you're at (elevation wise, as COS is at 6.5k ft) and any more thoughts on your tune?
      03-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #4
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
I'm in CO (Colorado Springs, to be exact), running a JB4 on my M. Interested in this tune. Can you send me the details on how you got it, where you're at (elevation wise, as COS is at 6.5k ft) and any more thoughts on your tune?
Hey, a custom tune will be FAR superior to the JB4.
      03-20-2018, 10:45 AM   #5
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Paul is the man. Been working with him on developing an ideal throttle pedal for my F80. Really enjoy working with him and his product is fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Paul is the man. Been working with him on developing an ideal throttle pedal for my F80. Really enjoy working with him and his product is fantastic!
F80Paul is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff, but honestly PTF has these new OTS maps Dialled in great.
give the V6 a bash and check what you think of the throttle modulation and response, its very close to OE, and to me the CS has been the best so far for some track work.

granted a custom tune is Best as it tailored to suit your needs and wants
Paul's Boost curves are the sweetest and smoothest.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #7
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

I don't like the OE pedal at all, is the thing. This is a totally custom throttle he's doing.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 11:30 AM   #8
F80Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop_ass View Post
F80Paul is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff, but honestly PTF has these new OTS maps Dialled in great.
give the V6 a bash and check what you think of the throttle modulation and response, its very close to OE, and to me the CS has been the best so far for some track work.

granted a custom tune is Best as it tailored to suit your needs and wants
Paul's Boost curves are the sweetest and smoothest.

Thanks guys! Pedal feel is one of those things that come down to personal preference. The great thing about custom is these things can be optimized for the preference of the individual.
Appreciate 1
whoop_ass355.00
      03-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #9
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Congrats Andrew. Come back to cal tho... we all need to link up again.
Appreciate 0