ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

View Poll Results: What is your age profile for F8x car orderers
Under 20 8 2.21%
20 and over, under 30 108 29.83%
30 and over, under 40 132 36.46%
40 and over, under 50 68 18.78%
50 and over, under 60 21 5.80%
60 and over, under 70 22 6.08%
70 and over 3 0.83%
Voters: 362. You may not vote on this poll

04-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #111
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79 View Post
Essentially there's a certain lifestyle my daughter is now accustom that will hopefully keep her working hard through college and there after to maintain that if she so chooses on her own. But there's no reason for me to make her suffer or do without simply because I did.
You don't have to come from money to earn it (or want to) but it certainly makes life much easier if you already have it.
Oh but no, an M3/4 isn't a vehicle I'd buy for her anyway, maybe an S class or something.

Agreed Giving a child a blank check is as equally useless as telling them their on their asses at 18 or pay for everything when the family has a net worth in the millions... There should be some kind of middle ground as hard as that is to maintain.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #112
///M5Bruno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e60 M5

The 3% under 20yo is shocking & a bit skewed. I don't think there are a ton of teens on this board. I live in So Cal and there are dozens upon dozens of kids under the age of 20 that are blessed to be driving around in these incredible ///M cars. I owned my first ///E36 at 22yo. After owning an M5 and a couple 911's it's hard for me personally to hope back into an M3/M4. I feel I have out grown it. Again just my own personal opinion but I LOVE the new M3/M4. I think it is a stunning car. I can't wait to drive one. I never say never. I'm 38.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #113
BallerBrah
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #114
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 in Sakhir Orange

Garage List
Well I'm in the top 10% by age and kids just about to leave home. Never had an M car before, but always wanted one, and always wanted a red one.

The age profile is kind of what I expected, though I thought there may have been fewer of under 20s and over 60s.

Must admit, I'm still apprehensive about the DCT that I've ordered as I've never had an auto in my life. A Ferrari F430 owner friend took me for a ride in his car, and I was stunned by the performance, but I note the M3 is only a smidgen slower to 60mph.

Anyway, in exactly 9 weeks today, it will be in my garage, and I'm very very excited.

Last edited by tisme; 04-19-2014 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: corrected typo
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #115
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisme View Post
Anyway, in exactly 9 weeks today, it will be in my garage, and I'm very very excited.
Starting to put "X"s on the calendar already?
I know exactly how you feel. Congrats on the dream about to come true!
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #116
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Well I'm in the top 10% by age and kids just about to leave home. Never had an M car before, but always wanted one, and always wanted a red one.

The age profile is kind of what I expected, though I thought there may have been fewer of under 20s and over 60s.

Must admit, I'm still apprehensive about the DCT that I've ordered as I've never had an auto in my life. A Ferrari F430 owener friend took me for a ride in his car, and I was stunned by the performance, but I note the M3 is only a smidgen slower to 60mph.

You will be the coolest grandpa someday, and I'm very jealous of them already. my Grandpas drove Volvos and Subaru, and I think Christmas at your house would have rocked. I'm now considering adopting you for the job even though there is an ocean in between us, which in many families, is a good thing. You of course have no saying in this matter, I will send you the paperwork if necessary.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #117
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
Will be leasing. When I bought my 335is I paid cash and realized that tying up money in these depreciating assets doesn't make much sense since I like switching my cars after 2 or 3 years. I'd rather put that money towards a property.

I've seen folks take a beating at resale with respect to luxury cars. But, under some circumstances, I can certainly understand buying.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #118
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post

I've seen folks take a beating at resale with respect to luxury cars. But, under some circumstances, I can certainly understand buying.
I calculate everything usually, but this one I don't dare to do, cause the outcome, no matter what will turn me into a sobbing mess. What I do want to point out, is that a cash deal has it's benefits, depreciation usually is less than a lease payment.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #119
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You will be the coolest grandpa someday.....)
Stop it, you're ageing me before my time...... BTW, I also like pop concerts too - saw Beyonce twice last month and Katy Perry come up next month with Lady Gaga in October. Life is good, age is a number, be kind to everyone and enjoy life to the utmost whilst you can is my motto.
      04-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #120
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Talking about age, I'll never forget the BMW salesman at my local dealer when I said to him, I'd like to look at Mercs before I decide what to buy. His response was, "You're not old enough to get a Merc yet" and he said that with a straight face.
      04-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #121
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Stop it, you're ageing me before my time...... BTW, I also like pop concerts too - saw Beyonce twice last month and Katy Perry come up next month with Lady Gaga in October. Life is good, age is a number, be kind to everyone and enjoy life to the utmost whilst you can is my motto.
No one can age you, as you said, it's just a mind set. I like the motto, it takes a good man to understand not to plan summer holiday while eating Christmas turkey, as my father used to say about my greatest weakness, which is planing everything too far ahead.

Well, the music thing is a deal breaker, so let it be known that you do not have to fear me crashing your sunday lunch anytime soon, but if you change your mind, and come to the dark side, the thread is real. Great to meet people like you, even via forums. And I agree, in that IQ every tenth counts!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #122
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, the music thing is a deal breaker, so let it be known that you do not have to fear me crashing your sunday lunch anytime soon, but if you change your mind, and come to the dark side, the thread is real. Great to meet people like you, even via forums. And I agree, in that IQ every tenth counts!
And your musical taste Lups?

BTW, I sold my 330d 2 weeks ago now, but it went to a good home - a 21 year old guy bought it, and he did like my my musical as I didn't wipe the music collection.
      04-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #123
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
I calculate everything usually, but this one I don't dare to do, cause the outcome, no matter what will turn me into a sobbing mess. What I do want to point out, is that a cash deal has it's benefits, depreciation usually is less than a lease payment.
One great thing about a lease is the fact that the risk of additional depreciation (e.g., wrecks, weather-related damage, etc.) is on the dealer. If insurance covers all the repairs during the course of the lease, the leasing party doesn't have to suffer the consequences of any diminished value at the lease's end. You simply turn in the car and walk away.

I don't drive more than 12k miles a year and I don't like keeping cars more than 3 years (4 maximum) so leasing is the perfect choice for me.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #124
Lups
Rep

Quote:
And your musical taste Lups?

BTW, I sold my 330d 2 weeks ago now, but it went to a good home - a 21 year old guy bought it, and he did like my my musical as I didn't wipe the music collection.
oh, I'm hopeless. No one send me the memo, that after the sixties someone still had instruments, so the main stuff still comes from doors, Hendrix, joplin (yes, i'm a girly girl at times) and so on. GB's greatest contribution is Queen, I still consider Mercury as pure driving magic.

Our neighbors enjoy early Misfits (danzig times) so much, that they stare me with eyes that could kill every time I come home, and the rest of the Danzig of course is driving heaven. After these things get heavy and hot, and the list will not belong to a public viewing.

I will tell you this though, I can't stand any children's songs, the drive me bat shit crazy so when the kids are in the car, and now that they start to understand English, I have been forced to buy Megadeth for the clean and shiny lyrics. It's sight for the dear neighbors, when they see us going to a park, Symphony of destruction is blaring from the speakers, and a four year old is singing along with passion. Their kids don't play with us any time soon, I'm quite sure.

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #125
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
One great thing about a lease is the fact that the risk of additional depreciation (e.g., wrecks, weather-related damage, etc.) is on the dealer. If insurance covers all the repairs during the course of the lease, the leasing party doesn't have to suffer the consequences of any diminished value at the lease's end. You simply turn in the car and walk away.

I don't drive more than 12k miles a year and I don't like keeping cars more than 3 years (4 maximum) so leasing is the perfect choice for me.
Of course, but this leasing is as a concept new to me all together. In Finland, as far as i know, this doesn't happen without it being a company car. Your system rocks in this aspect, and if we were to stay here for longer than 2 years, I would probably go your root, after I got over the fact that my baby would not be mine.

I will take this baby back there to decorate my lawn (gas prices are way out there, it's closer 1.7 euros per liter now), so selling this there will probably be the only viable option besides the garden gnome thing.
I didn't howl in pain much while writing that last paragraph, just enough to scare the dogs.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #126
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
l know how women think
Call Guinness! That makes you the first!

Btw, buying your kids "the finest" makes them the unfinest. Have you ever met any of those people?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #127
6underpressure
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

25!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #128
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
The M3 is the BMW with the youngest average owner age IIRC.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #129
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
The M3 is the BMW with the youngest average owner age IIRC.
Let's believe that with passion, I for one will be acting like 18 year old if this car someday is delivered. Sorry about that in beforehand.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #130
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Must admit, I'm still apprehensive about the DCT that I've ordered as I've never had an auto in my life. A Ferrari F430 owner friend took me for a ride in his car, and I was stunned by the performance, but I note the M3 is only a smidgen slower to 60mph.

I can't compare the Rari to the M4, but compared to the m5 the Rari while not as fast is SOOOO wonderfully raw and like the e92 m3/ e60 m5 you FEEL the speed sensation (something I'm trying to capture again that the m5 severely lacks)...

The DCT is insane and I could show you plenty of videos of my car beating cars that it should not beat given severe weight disadvantages, but that DCT is just SOOOO brutal... But I digress if you wanna pretend to be a race car driver and all that jazz go 6mt, but if like me you hit traffic [top 5 worst in the USA annually... Usually 2 or 3], and still want to feel brutal shits when the road is open the DCT will be fun, granted if its the same distant feeling the m5 provides I think 6mt will probably save that feeling a little but I doubt it'll ever be completely gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #131
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
I can't compare the Rari to the M4, but compared to the m5 the Rari while not as fast is SOOOO wonderfully raw and like the e92 m3/ e60 m5 you FEEL the speed sensation (something I'm trying to capture again that the m5 severely lacks)...

The DCT is insane and I could show you plenty of videos of my car beating cars that it should not beat given severe weight disadvantages, but that DCT is just SOOOO brutal... But I digress if you wanna pretend to be a race car driver and all that jazz go 6mt, but if like me you hit traffic [top 5 worst in the USA annually... Usually 2 or 3], and still want to feel brutal shits when the road is open the DCT will be fun, granted if its the same distant feeling the m5 provides I think 6mt will probably save that feeling a little but I doubt it'll ever be completely gone.
Don't be cruel to us, some of us greeted the Corvette owners when they visited fair Europe in the lovely summer of 44 and due to this we can not appreciate progress.

Please do not stop at the lights next to me, I don't want to end up in a video, my ego could not take it, and you would swim in a sea of excuses. If you know nice, quiet road with the non American kind of things like bends and corners, just pm me and I will practice using a navigator. If you beat me then, I will just stay away from the fascinating world of this forum cause I'm a horrible looser.

The same offer stands with Monopoly, no one plays with me twice and I have been out of friends for years.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #132
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Don't be cruel to us, some of us greeted the Corvette owners when they visited fair Europe in the lovely summer of 44 and due to this we can not appreciate progress.

Please do not stop at the lights next to me, I don't want to end up in a video, my ego could not take it, and you would swim in a sea of excuses. If you know nice, quiet road with the non American kind of things like bends and corners, just pm me and I will practice using a navigator. If you beat me then, I will just stay away from the fascinating world of this forum cause I'm a horrible looser.

The same offer stands with Monopoly, no one plays with me twice and I have been out of friends for years.
I don't mind losing , I'll just get a different car hence my GTR shopping going on now that said with our M5 and not being able to fully get into the ecu we're at the point where we're fast enough for 99.9% of everything but too slow to beat built lighter cars and personally if we could get a nice tune I think we could hit 10s especially since 11.3s with just DP's/Piggy is possible, not even with exhaust, meth, intake, etc.
Appreciate 0