European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #133
ADRQ0811
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current 2013 BMW F30 Past 2008

LEDs look so good if I had to pick a fully loaded car w/o LEDs and one with just LEDS and noting else I would take the one with just LEDS in a sec
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 12:33 AM   #134
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRQ0811 View Post
LEDs look so good if I had to pick a fully loaded car w/o LEDs and one with just LEDS and noting else I would take the one with just LEDS in a sec
Can you actually spot the difference? In traffic I mean.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 12:33 AM   #135
ADRQ0811
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

And what's 2k when your spending 55 k unless you are financing the shit out of it
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #136
ADRQ0811
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
Quote:
Can you actually spot the difference? In traffic I mean.
YES I mean I love BMWs so maybe I'm just weird but for sure during the day those angel eyes look so much better then the Xenons ones and at night I think it's more of a cleaner white if that makes sense.its only 2k guys come on!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #137
Lups
Rep

Quote:
And what's 2k when your spending 55 k unless you are financing the shit out of it
Oh I weep every time I buy milk, I'm probably the cheapest bustard in the world, so 2 k for light bulbs is something I do not do. Still, I think I can't over look this one, even tough I will not get the full benefits out of it.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 03:14 AM   #138
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 SOLD, 2016 M3 coming..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Oh I weep every time I buy milk, I'm probably the cheapest bustard in the world, so 2 k for light bulbs is something I do not do. Still, I think I can't over look this one, even tough I will not get the full benefits out of it.

I am with you on this, to me the biggest issue is thinking that this could be a LCI update while we (the first gen F80 pre-lci) have to pay for. With the laws changing here in the US, by 2018 back up cameras might be mandatory. Right now we all have to pay for them or atleast get a package that either brings it in it or allows you to get them. I wanted the HUD and the back up cameras, but other then that the executive package to me was worthless. Same goes with the LED package, I would hate to pay for it now and 3 years or less down the road its an actual standard option from BMW. Just look at navigation, It was an option on the last two models (E46-E92) and now its standard. Maybe i will trade my M3 for the LCI model depending on the updates.

Ps. damn is milk getting expensive or what. lol its more then a gallon of premium in Texas lol
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #139
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowE82cp View Post
I am with you on this, to me the biggest issue is thinking that this could be a LCI update while we (the first gen F80 pre-lci) have to pay for. With the laws changing here in the US, by 2018 back up cameras might be mandatory. Right now we all have to pay for them or atleast get a package that either brings it in it or allows you to get them. I wanted the HUD and the back up cameras, but other then that the executive package to me was worthless. Same goes with the LED package, I would hate to pay for it now and 3 years or less down the road its an actual standard option from BMW. Just look at navigation, It was an option on the last two models (E46-E92) and now its standard. Maybe i will trade my M3 for the LCI model depending on the updates.

Ps. damn is milk getting expensive or what. lol its more then a gallon of premium in Texas lol
I'm with you! Milk should be cheaper. That's probably the only thing in finland that even comes close to your prices, about the gas I have complained all over the forum already so I will not start here. I do admit that cutting back from the gallon a day habit could easily finance the lamps, but still one is important, and the other mascara.

I'm sorry to say this, but I think you guys are teaching EU also to take the responsibility of ones own safety from the individual to someone who is easier to sue. I still can not get over the way kids here are thought to walk (or run, if they feel like it) across the street. There are people with flags to stop the traffic, instead of making the kids wait, look left and right and when it's okay, then move.

Sorry, my favorite topic while living, it's my crack.

To the lights, and I have to say that this is being written without coffee, so do not kill me too fast. If I were to sell these, I would do the packages like they have done. they are probably on a high returns with these, and if it was money in my pocket, I would shut up and smile. As it is money out of me, I cry like me and I started early this morning apparently. too early.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #140
BMWJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
YES I mean I love BMWs so maybe I'm just weird but for sure during the day those angel eyes look so much better then the Xenons ones and at night I think it's more of a cleaner white if that makes sense.its only 2k guys come on!
??? the angel eyes are the same no matter which choice
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #141
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

just imagine the savings from having to refill the xenon fluid all the time.
      04-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #142
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWJ View Post
Actually if you look at pictures of them both, the Xenon looks like semi circles with the projector in the middle. It looks a bit more cluster or filled. The LED has more of a rectangular or square look to it as it is round on the sides but flat on the top and bottom of the actual rings. It also has the little piece in the middle and and its open where the other has a projector in it. This is what i have seen. I have yet to seen them both at night, but from speculations it looks like the LED might look better or meaner. We should see once people start taking pictures of them.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #143
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post

HAHAHAHA I wonder how many would actually look into this.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #144
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Using milk as currency, how will this play out? I read that you are the one to listen when it comes to racing, so I have to apologize up front cause I will end up being a huge pain in your inbox as soon as I bring this toy of mine back to the continent of better beer.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #145
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowE82cp View Post
HAHAHAHA I wonder how many would actually look into this.
I will probably be the only one, due to boredom I will even translate it into milk liters.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #146
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWJ View Post
I also originally thought the angel eyes were the same, but no, they are not.

The halos with the Xenon are lit from the bottom and are of the more traditional "light tube" kind. The halos with the LED are tri-dimensional and are lit from the back. See here. It is a very subtle difference though.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 05-03-2014 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #147
BMWJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #148
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Using milk as currency, how will this play out? I read that you are the one to listen when it comes to racing, so I have to apologize up front cause I will end up being a huge pain in your inbox as soon as I bring this toy of mine back to the continent of better beer.
you aren't picking up the toy in germany to begin with? shame on you. i will have high temp xenon fluid for all participants.
      04-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #149
Lups
Rep

Quote:
you aren't picking up the toy in germany to begin with? shame on you. i will have high temp xenon fluid for all participants.
I would love to, but it's too close to home, and I still have relatives there who would spend a lot of my time complaining about us moving so far away. This is the reason I keep telling them the drivers in my computer do not allow skype to function also, and I'm not taking chances of them finding out the truth.

It is a shame, I love Germany. That and Austria are my favorite places on this globe, and even though I have forgotten how to write in germany, I still can handle a conversation with it. As long as a topic is not technical (which of course with you guys means silence is the only other option).

I will be coming there when our time here is done, it's just a shame I can't ditch the family and run away now. I think. I haven't thought anything else, (Except the flipping paint) for days after the Football daddy put this idea in my head. I hope he has a mean wife for putting me trough this.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #150
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
...and Austria are my favorite places on this globe
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #151
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would love to, but it's too close to home, and I still have relatives there who would spend a lot of my time complaining about us moving so far away. This is the reason I keep telling them the drivers in my computer do not allow skype to function also, and I'm not taking chances of them finding out the truth.

It is a shame, I love Germany. That and Austria are my favorite places on this globe, and even though I have forgotten how to write in germany, I still can handle a conversation with it. As long as a topic is not technical (which of course with you guys means silence is the only other option).

I will be coming there when our time here is done, it's just a shame I can't ditch the family and run away now. I think. I haven't thought anything else, (Except the flipping paint) for days after the Football daddy put this idea in my head. I hope he has a mean wife for putting me trough this.

there is a german lady meeting us at this little known race track in belgium. too bad you two can't get together. lol

i understand. but its my job to make you regret not going every single post.
      04-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #152
Lups
Rep

Quote:
there is a german lady meeting us at this little known race track in belgium. too bad you two can't get together. lol

i understand. but its my job to make you regret not going every single post.
Well, I have an endless list of German jokes to translate to these guys as revenge, so go for it. ;D

And do believe me, I'm regretting it heavily already and I'm still trying to justify to myself even considering it. It's going well as usual.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #153
ADRQ0811
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWJ
Quote:
No sorry man they look night and day different I have them on my f10 and the guy that parks next to my spot in my condo building says he kicks him self every time he sees my car even when they are off they don't look the same if you don't have a eye for that kinda stuff then I can see how they might look the same,but the full LEDs are less round if that makes sense and brighter.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #154
ADRQ0811
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
Quote:

Haha I see your point I can be cheap with something's too just not my car or where I live lol ,I mean it's not like you get halogens if you don't get LEDs but as someone else said they look "meaner" and I think they do so much for the car plus it doesn't look like every other f10 on the road
Appreciate 0