Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

03-18-2018, 02:21 AM   #1
beyondtheabyss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Sakhir Orange M4

Okay guys, I want to make it clear from the beginning that I'm giving you my full unbiased opinion on the new front lip made by Renown Auto Style. I'm not an expert, as a matter of fact, this would be my first review on any product. Public review anyway.

First impressions. It's nice. Like, really nice. It's subtle yet aggressive. It's dark matte black (if that makes sense) in color and pretty thin but not paper thin. It doesn't look or feel cheap at all. What sold me is that it's super durable. It's made out of aluminum (powder coated in black) and like it I said before, it's thin but not thin enough to be bent unless you're constantly hitting parking blocks all day everyday. I've hit a couple parking blocks (guilty) but it hasn't bent and it didn't scrape off any of the powder coating so that's a plus.

Touching up on its design, it's made in the good ol' US of A (California if I'm not mistaken) and it goes really well with the lines of the front bumper. It has "side fins" which adds to the aggressive look. I personally like it. I had the M Performance Front Lip prior to this one and it does sit a little higher than it did with the M Perf lip but my car isn't lowered so it doesn't really matter for me too much but to someone who's lowered, it'll help with avoiding scrapes but even then, it can take quite a beating so either way, should you guys choose this lip, you should be good to go. Lowered or not.

Overall; I think it's a fantastic lip, great subtle aggressive design but durable as heck and for the price, it can't be beat. Yes, it's not carbon however, speaking with the owner, he was focused on something that won't break the bank but still looks good and won't crack or break or bend easily. Also, it DOESN'T require the splitters. I just find it as a bonus that it works with my splitters.

If you're looking for a front lip, I personally give this one two thumbs up and would recommend this to you guys. It also comes with blacked out hardware for those of you who don't want the silver ones looking out of place.

If you guys have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they're discounting $50 off the initial $400 price tag by using the code "VELOCE" at checkout on their website. www.renownautostyle.com I've also included photos of my car with the lip installed with my carbon splitters. If you can't see them, let me know. I typed this review through my phone so I'm not really sure if it uploaded the photos properly.

Cheers!
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2018, 02:33 AM   #2
beyondtheabyss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Sakhir Orange M4

Photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      03-18-2018, 02:39 AM   #3
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Looks great. Wouldn't mind seeing it with a carbon vinyl wrap.
Appreciate 2
      03-18-2018, 08:01 AM   #4
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
What are the side bits going upwards for ? Aero ?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aapparition90 View Post
What are the side bits going upwards for ? Aero ?
Aesthetics/design...aero wouldn't be noticed or really changed at all. Btw it looks good OP
Appreciate 2
      03-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #6
RenownRay
www.renownas.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Gallardo

Thanks for the review!
Appreciate 1