BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW f82 CP blackout

Which exhaust/dps for something LOUD

Hey guys!

I?m about to buy my first M4 very soon. I?ve gathered enough informations for all my «*cosmetic*» mods but I?m new with exhaust systems and all that!
I?m quite young and one of the most important thing for me is the sound on this car. I just want it to be quite loud lol ?

What should or shouldn?t I do on my car to be loud? Considering that I live in Belgium and they are very strict regarding pollution and all that. That means that I CANNOT put any kind of catless things. (Government Check up once a year and I cba to put and remove every time).
Could someone help me out and give me some advice on what mods/which exhausts or dps should I do/get in my case?

Tyvm!

Ps: I?m planning to go to GADTUNING for stage 1 package + burbles.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 05:20 AM   #2
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

MPE is loud as hell and you won't have to worry about emissions
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 06:39 AM   #3
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danidanio View Post
Hey guys!

I?m about to buy my first M4 very soon. I?ve gathered enough informations for all my «*cosmetic*» mods but I?m new with exhaust systems and all that!
I?m quite young and one of the most important thing for me is the sound on this car. I just want it to be quite loud lol ?

What should or shouldn?t I do on my car to be loud? Considering that I live in Belgium and they are very strict regarding pollution and all that. That means that I CANNOT put any kind of catless things. (Government Check up once a year and I cba to put and remove every time).
Could someone help me out and give me some advice on what mods/which exhausts or dps should I do/get in my case?

Tyvm!

Remus non resonated (no second cat, no resonator) is one of the loudest exhaust systems Or Remus resonated if you running DP.
Meisterschaft is also pretty damn loud.
MPE with Fabspeed midpipe is also loud.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 07:24 AM   #4
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
Quote:
In that case, isn?t better for me to get FI or IPE? Since MPE is like 4.5k lol
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 07:25 AM   #5
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

I’m also trying to not sell a leg for those exhausts lol
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2017, 07:27 AM   #6
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
Quote:
Hey guys!

Tyvm!

Remus non resonated (no second cat, no resonator) is one of the loudest exhaust systems Or Remus resonated if you running DP.
Meisterschaft is also pretty damn loud.
MPE with Fabspeed midpipe is also loud.
Thx for the info, I?ll have a look now!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #7
te37
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

Quote:
Really?! I have an MPE and dont think its THAT loud. I guess I do not drive behind myself so I am not really sure how loud it is. I mean MPE is basically a strait pipe when the valves are open but still manages to sound good.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by te37 View Post
Quote:
Really?! I have an MPE and dont think its THAT loud. I guess I do not drive behind myself so I am not really sure how loud it is. I mean MPE is basically a strait pipe when the valves are open but still manages to sound good.
Yeah that?s what I was thinking after watching a few vids..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #9
iamvietness
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

AWE Track would also be something to look at too. Definitely loud
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #10
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Hey guys!

Tyvm!

Got a full GT2 gt haus mesitershaft exhaust for sale loud asf lol reason for sale is I'm selling the car
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #11
///MPE
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Akrapovic Full titanium Exhaust + Akrapovic Downpipes. Your ears will scream for forgiveness
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #12
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by te37 View Post
Well here's the thing, if I have the Windows rolled up, you're right, you barely hear it louder than the stock exhaust. but roll the windows down or better yet, in my case, I put the convertible top down and holy crap that thing is loud as hell!

Today I was parked in my house's garage and gave it a few revs I could almost feel the walls vibrate because of how loud it is. The car is very well insulated from the inside.

Also note that I have the competition pack so the burbles also and maybe the competition package itself increase the tone over the standard car
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

2023 Nissan Z Performance (Ikazuchi Yellow)
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #13
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
when I ordered the MPE, as I was waiting for me car to arrive, I watched every single MPE video out there, none of them impressed me. The first time I heard it in real life I was blown away. Even the technician who installed it told me it sounds exactly like the M4 GTS now with the Competition Package + MPE he's heard both. He also told me that the Akrapovic has a deep tone but sound no where near as loud as the MPE, not even close. No video on the internet would do the MPE justice, you have to hear it in person before you make a decision although I agree it's very expensive so go with Figurka's recommendation.

I've heard a few Akrapovic exhausts hear in real life and they sound deep and all but are too quiet and I'm talking FULL Akrapovic exhaust not just the catback
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

2023 Nissan Z Performance (Ikazuchi Yellow)
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #14
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
when I ordered the MPE, as I was waiting for me car to arrive, I watched every single MPE video out there, none of them impressed me. The first time I heard it in real life I was blown away. Even the technician who installed it told me it sounds exactly like the M4 GTS now with the Competition Package + MPE he's heard both. He also told me that the Akrapovic has a deep tone but sound no where near as loud as the MPE, not even close. No video on the internet would do the MPE justice, you have to hear it in person before you make a decision although I agree it's very expensive so go with Figurka's recommendation.

I've heard a few Akrapovic exhausts hear in real life and they sound deep and all but are too quiet and I'm talking FULL Akrapovic exhaust not just the catback
The Akrapovic is quieter because that system's resonator acts like a mini muffler. If deleted, it will be louder than the standard MPE. If you delete the secondary cats on the MPE, the MPE will be louder than the standard Akrapovic. If you delete the secondary cats on the MPE and delete the resonator on the Akrapovic, they will sound very similar in both loudness and tone.

Edit: this is with standard OEM downpipes for both scenarios and the Akrapovic Evolution system not the axle back.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2017, 11:14 PM   #15
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvietness View Post
AWE Track would also be something to look at too. Definitely loud
I?ll have a look, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
Quote:
Hey guys!

Tyvm!

Got a full GT2 gt haus mesitershaft exhaust for sale loud asf lol reason for sale is I'm selling the car
Pm sent
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #16
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPE View Post
Akrapovic Full titanium Exhaust + Akrapovic Downpipes. Your ears will scream for forgiveness
No doubt but that?s like 8k$.. Just a little bit expensive lol
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #17
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #18
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey guys!

Tyvm!

If you are worried about emissions, non-catted downpipes are a very bad idea. Keep the OEM downpipes and get a mid-pipe (AA, Fabspeed, Turner Test pipes, etc). If not satisfied, swap out your muffler with a better one.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #19
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The Akrapovic is quieter because that system's resonator acts like a mini muffler. If deleted, it will be louder than the standard MPE. If you delete the secondary cats on the MPE, the MPE will be louder than the standard Akrapovic. If you delete the secondary cats on the MPE and delete the resonator on the Akrapovic, they will sound very similar in both loudness and tone.

Edit: this is with standard OEM downpipes for both scenarios and the Akrapovic Evolution system not the axle back.

Mmh.. But as I said before, my problem is that I live in Belgium and here they are very strict regarding catalyzer/pollution and all that. We have check ups every year and I cba to install and remove every single time. So maybe I should go for MPE since it?s cheaper than akrapovic and why not add some CATTED DPs? What do you think..?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:51 PM   #20
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
Quote:
Hey guys!

Tyvm!

If you are worried about emissions, non-catted downpipes are a very bad idea. Keep the OEM downpipes and get a mid-pipe (AA, Fabspeed, Turner Test pipes, etc). If not satisfied, swap out your muffler with a better one.
Do u have some vid links I could check? And if not loud/good enough, what kind of muffler should I get?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:53 PM   #21
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

And with all those exhaust mods, is there any way I can control my valves? I mean just like Armytrix, they have a special key for that. Is there any other option?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 12:18 AM   #22
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mmh.. But as I said before, my problem is that I live in Belgium and here they are very strict regarding catalyzer/pollution and all that. We have check ups every year and I cba to install and remove every single time. So maybe I should go for MPE since it?s cheaper than akrapovic and why not add some CATTED DPs? What do you think..?
Someone else can chime in but my understanding is that the secondary cats are there for the cold starts until the primary cats are warmed up. Once your car is warmed up, you shouldn't have an issue with emissions testing.

I wouldn't waste money to replace catted DPs with catted DPs. The OEM DPs are fine up util you want to tune to the point of needing catless DPs but then your emission problems begin. Having to uninstall and reinstall yearly is a complete nightmare in my opinion but more power to you if you enjoy that!

The MPE is pretty loud on it's own but add a mid-pipe to it and it will be amplified. There is a large fan base for the AA mid pipe but I have the Fabspeed secondary cat delete x-pipe and the MPE. It's ridiculously awesome sounding. There are a few videos on Youtube but I have yet to see any video do any exhaust any justice no matter what quality the Youtuber's recording equipment is.

I plan on doing a review on my set up but here's a few videos for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIpN7Y81GQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJJY7ffUL8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU0Tk05hVH4
Appreciate 0