Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-13-2017, 12:23 AM   #23
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danidanio View Post
And with all those exhaust mods, is there any way I can control my valves? I mean just like Armytrix, they have a special key for that. Is there any other option?
A lot of the exhaust options retain the F8x valve functionality. Some don't though so you have to make sure you look into that. Also, get a valve controller so that you can have full control over them.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:12 AM   #24
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW f82 CP blackout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
Quote:
Mmh.. But as I said before, my problem is that I live in Belgium and here they are very strict regarding catalyzer/pollution and all that. We have check ups every year and I cba to install and remove every single time. So maybe I should go for MPE since it?s cheaper than akrapovic and why not add some CATTED DPs? What do you think..?
Someone else can chime in but my understanding is that the secondary cats are there for the cold starts until the primary cats are warmed up. Once your car is warmed up, you shouldn't have an issue with emissions testing.

I wouldn't waste money to replace catted DPs with catted DPs. The OEM DPs are fine up util you want to tune to the point of needing catless DPs but then your emission problems begin. Having to uninstall and reinstall yearly is a complete nightmare in my opinion but more power to you if you enjoy that!

The MPE is pretty loud on it's own but add a mid-pipe to it and it will be amplified. There is a large fan base for the AA mid pipe but I have the Fabspeed secondary cat delete x-pipe and the MPE. It's ridiculously awesome sounding. There are a few videos on Youtube but I have yet to see any video do any exhaust any justice no matter what quality the Youtuber's recording equipment is.

I plan on doing a review on my set up but here's a few videos for you:

Mmh so there is no point for me to put new DPs in my case.. And yeah, installing and removing every year is a real pain in the a$$.
I saw your vids and honestly, it?s so fkn loud! It sounds so good and I can imagine that vids dont do justice Now I think I might follow your setup! The only thing missing IMO are the burbles. Well, you do have burbles but not enough, once again, IMO. But since im getting a burble upgrade with my stage 1 tuning, it should be just fine dont you think?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:15 AM   #25
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
And with all those exhaust mods, is there any way I can control my valves? I mean just like Armytrix, they have a special key for that. Is there any other option?
A lot of the exhaust options retain the F8x valve functionality. Some don't though so you have to make sure you look into that. Also, get a valve controller so that you can have full control over them.
I will certainly buy vsc-2 valve controller. Around 200 bucks
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:31 AM   #26
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mmh so there is no point for me to put new DPs in my case.. And yeah, installing and removing every year is a real pain in the a$$.
I saw your vids and honestly, it?s so fkn loud! It sounds so good and I can imagine that vids dont do justice Now I think I might follow your setup! The only thing missing IMO are the burbles. Well, you do have burbles but not enough, once again, IMO. But since im getting a burble upgrade with my stage 1 tuning, it should be just fine dont you think?
I don't have the competition pack so no burbles for me unless I tune the car. Some folks like burbles some folks don't. I think it will sound amazing with this set up but I'm also kind of torn on having burbles. I like the way it sounds and would love them but at the same time I think it would feel kind of embarrassing while doing my morning commute and making those popping noises (I'm always in sport mode).

Anyway, the exhaust sounds phenomenal and people are always asking me about it and telling me how great it sounds. Driving with the windows down is wonderful!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:38 AM   #27
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Remus or IPE nonresonated are the 2 loudest exhausts that still have valves.

I highly recommend the Remus Nonresonated for your application

No need for DP's unless that's your thing
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:40 AM   #28
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I don't have the competition pack so no burbles for me unless I tune the car. Some folks like burbles some folks don't. I think it will sound amazing with this set up but I'm also kind of torn on having burbles. I like the way it sounds and would love them but at the same time I think it would feel kind of embarrassing while doing my morning commute and making those popping noises (I'm always in sport mode).

Anyway, the exhaust sounds phenomenal and people are always asking me about it and telling me how great it sounds. Driving with the windows down is wonderful!
Hah you made my day sir! Now I finally got something «*legal*» and dope. I was getting mad thinking what should I do lol. Could you just list me the mods? Its MPE with..?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:41 AM   #29
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
Remus non resonated (no second cat, no resonator) is one of the loudest exhaust systems Or Remus resonated if you running DP.
Meisterschaft is also pretty damn loud.
MPE with Fabspeed midpipe is also loud.
+1 Remus nonresonated is a great choice for his goals
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:41 AM   #30
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenM4Dominate View Post

What do you mean by still have valves?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:47 AM   #31
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There are exhausts like AWE Track that are super loud without valves, but I think valves are a necessity to make it liveable.

MPE is great, I just installed one last week with a custom single midpipe (Meistershaft midpipe)

But the MPE muffler isn't loud, it's the open valves that make it loud. But even then, you still won't be as loud as Remus (stock downpipes in use)

Let me know if you have any more questions. I've tried them all (except AWE Track, I had their valved version)

Last edited by aBMWfan; 10-13-2017 at 01:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 04:19 AM   #32
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

I checked both but I really cant decide. Why would u recommend me Remus over IPE? And do u have any idea of their prices?

Quote:
Quote:
There are exhausts like AWE Track that are super loud without valves, but I think valves are a necessity to make it liveable.

MPE is great, I just installed one last week with a custom single midpipe (Meistershaft midpipe)

But the MPE muffler isn't loud, it's the open valves that make it loud. But even then, you still won't be as loud as Remus (stock downpipes in use)

Let me know if you have any more questions. I've tried them all (except AWE Track, I had their valved version)
Honestly, now that u told me all that, I think that the easiest way for me is to go with Remus or maybe IPE, but I will need some clarifications between these two. And if Im not wrong, Remus will definitely be cheaper than MPE
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 04:29 AM   #33
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I checked both but I really cant decide. Why would u recommend me Remus over IPE? And do u have any idea of their prices?

Honestly, now that u told me all that, I think that the easiest way for me is to go with Remus or maybe IPE, but I will need some clarifications between these two. And if Im not wrong, Remus will definitely be cheaper than MPE
Remus is very well priced.

IPE on the other hand is very expensive and hard to find.

Vs. a MPE, these 2 systems are full exhausts. Perfect for maximizing volume without touching the downpipes!

PM me with other questions thank you.
If you are interested in the Eisenmann exhaust I have, let me know as well
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 05:27 AM   #34
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Remus is very well priced.

IPE on the other hand is very expensive and hard to find.

Vs. a MPE, these 2 systems are full exhausts. Perfect for maximizing volume without touching the downpipes!

PM me with other questions thank you.
If you are interested in the Eisenmann exhaust I have, let me know as well
I cant pm u bro, your messages box is full
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 05:29 AM   #35
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I cant pm u bro, your messages box is full
Just cleared inbox
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 05:46 AM   #36
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Pm replied
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 06:01 AM   #37
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Remus non. res. is very deep and loud. Sound pretty good except the cold start...lol
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #38
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hah you made my day sir! Now I finally got something «*legal*» and dope. I was getting mad thinking what should I do lol. Could you just list me the mods? Its MPE with..?
MPE with Fabspeed x-pipes. It is a little pricey but the sound is worth it!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #39
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the infos
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 02:37 PM   #40
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's double the price vs. Remus, new it's over $6k.

Used, you are lucky to get it close to $4k
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #41
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Depending on his choice of tips the Remus catback looks like it will cost $3,500-4,300 after a discount? He can get a brand new MPE with titanium tips for $4,500 and cut out the secondary cats for maybe $200. The Fabspeed is just an icing on the cake option
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #42
Danidanio
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Depending on his choice of tips the Remus catback looks like it will cost $3,500-4,300 after a discount? He can get a brand new MPE with titanium tips for $4,500 and cut out the secondary cats for maybe $200. The Fabspeed is just an icing on the cake option
Hey guys. I got some pricing for full Remus non resonated system. 2345 euro for it, 2500 euro with installation. It comes with standard chrome tips 102mm.
On the other hand, Theres a custom exhaust with back box delete for 500£.. Sounds not bad.. but again, can this thing somehow damage my car? That company also told me that this should not affect my emissions AND this is as loud as I can go as there is no silencing at all..

So what do you guys think of the 2nd option?
This is their custom «backbox delete» thing.

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 12:05 PM   #43
LLNM4
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 MG

Hello Danidanio,

I live in Rotterdam The Netherlands and i'm selling my armytrix valvetronic exhaust systeem. It's loud and with catless DP even louder. It was bought in 2016.
I have some photos or you can check it out on 5 different Youtube videos
New price was 5330 euro, i'm selling it less 30% of that price (1500 euro)
send me a PM if you interested. greets
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 04:31 PM   #44
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

2023 Nissan Z Performance (Ikazuchi Yellow)
Appreciate 0